**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

MODOK's Island balance needs to be fixed immediately

Im sorry Kabam but MODOK's Island is the worst balanced side event I have ever seen. The rewards are not great and need to be buffed but the I'm talking about the difficulty scaling of the tiers alone. Epic is harder than act 6 content... ok its the highest tier you can aim it for the cavalier players but even then it seems a bit much since its supposed to be geared for uncollected players... supposedly. But down the line it still is bad.

I am a recently uncollected player with a decent roster of 4* rank 4's and 5's and some 5*'s moving up to the rank 3 maybe 4 range. With this roster I have been able to easily defeat master monthly and side events, get uncollected and even do a few paths of monthly uncollected quest, and yet the fights in master quest are on par or harder then the hardest bosses from the content I have played... and this tier is aimed for conqueror players... player that are most likely running 4* rank 3's maybe rank 4.

I had to abandon the island quest after stupidly putting some consumables in it, because it is just that overtuned. And we are supposed to be doing these daily??? WTH!?!

Something is wrong with the balance of these events, it reminds me of the Endgame event which you patched mid month to lower the difficulty.

Say something if anybody agrees with me.

Comments

• MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    They do this each June. They release an abysmal event, and then when July 4th comes around, all the whales and arena grinders have these insane offers and the casual spenders/f2p people get left thinking “what about us?”
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It’s not harder than act 6 lol. Peep the skill path. It’s super easy if you have an immune or two. Cosmic isn’t bad either.

Previous modoks labs were disgusting in terms of difficulty compared to this.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I just wonder why they do such hard events after months of easier events in comparison. Just seems strange
  • EmyleeEmylee Posts: 6

Emylee said:

its supposed to be geared for uncollected players... supposedly

Who told you that?
    Well for one they just added stuff to the store because they said that this event was not planned or geared toward the endgame players. on top of that in general my experience like I said has been that master level content is at a difficulty level just above conquer level maybe getting up to act 5 level. Epic is in the place of uncollected level on the EQ so theres that. Or you could use Kabam's reccommended power levels for the different quests
  • Really_YeahReally_Yeah Posts: 14
    Emylee said:

Emylee said:

Who told you that?
    Epic is in the place of uncollected level on the EQ so theres that
    Again who told you that?
    Epic and Uncollected are completely different
  • It’s not harder than act 6 lol. Peep the skill path. It’s super easy if you have an immune or two. Cosmic isn’t bad either.

Previous modoks labs were disgusting in terms of difficulty compared to this.

For me the easiest path is the tech path
  • Bucky_7Bucky_7 Posts: 35

Emylee said:

Emylee said:

Who told you that?
    Again who told you that?
    Who told me that? Look at the rewards for master mate , 250 5* shards and no 5* shards in the store for uncollected players , seriously. What's a uncollected player aiming to become cavalier gonna do with 4* from the store when act6 doesn't allow 4*s . Also cost for 500 5* shards for cavalier is 20 coins and cost for 500 4* shards is 40. Is it a joke?
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Emylee said:

Emylee said:

Who told you that?
    Well for one they just added stuff to the store because they said that this event was not planned or geared toward the endgame players. on top of that in general my experience like I said has been that master level content is at a difficulty level just above conquer level maybe getting up to act 5 level. Epic is in the place of uncollected level on the EQ so theres that. Or you could use Kabam's reccommended power levels for the different quests
    You said you are only doing a few paths of uncollected. This was your statement. I've yet to encounter anything worse than the final chapter of uncollected event in these labs. Some of the node combos do suck with the defenders they are on but if you scout the paths there is typically a lane with easier champs and or nodes. The only complaint I have about the labs is the reroll. After my 4th pass through I decided to try the reroll on the boss. 12 rerolls and the buffs were
    1. Spite, masochism
    2. Masochism, rage
    3. Rage, spite
    4. Spite,masochism
    5. Masochism, rage
    6. Rage,spite
    7. Spite,masochism
    8. Masochism, rage
    9. Rage,spite
    10. Spite,masochism
    11. Masochism, rage
    12. Rage,masochism
    Now this might be just incredibly bad rng and I only did one sample with the dice I had. This may also be by design and I missed that there is a smaller selection with the reroll on the boss in the lab. Either way it was a waste of time to reroll and if either of the above are true it's a waste of gold for anyone buying dice if you only get 3 options to choose from. I'd love to hear a response from kabam on this. Overall though the difficulty is much lower than what you face in act 6.
  • plpkokplpkok Posts: 152
    You can re-roll and delete buffs. Plus the entire path is one class and you can easily build a team to complete it. I've just done Blade on mystic path absolutely no problem
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Emylee said:

Im sorry Kabam but MODOK's Island is the worst balanced side event I have ever seen. The rewards are not great and need to be buffed but the I'm talking about the difficulty scaling of the tiers alone. Epic is harder than act 6 content... ok its the highest tier you can aim it for the cavalier players but even then it seems a bit much since its supposed to be geared for uncollected players... supposedly. But down the line it still is bad.

I am a recently uncollected player with a decent roster of 4* rank 4's and 5's and some 5*'s moving up to the rank 3 maybe 4 range. With this roster I have been able to easily defeat master monthly and side events, get uncollected and even do a few paths of monthly uncollected quest, and yet the fights in master quest are on par or harder then the hardest bosses from the content I have played... and this tier is aimed for conqueror players... player that are most likely running 4* rank 3's maybe rank 4.

I had to abandon the island quest after stupidly putting some consumables in it, because it is just that overtuned. And we are supposed to be doing these daily??? WTH!?!

Something is wrong with the balance of these events, it reminds me of the Endgame event which you patched mid month to lower the difficulty.

Say something if anybody agrees with me.

I just did the entire Mutant path on Epic with only Star Lord and two ransomizers. The idea that it is harder than act 6 content is laughable. If you are recently uncollected how would you even know? Take it as a challenge and do your best. Running hard content makes you better at the game. It isn't necessarily "geared" toward uncollected players, but uncollected players can definitely do it. If you think Master quest bosses are hard, I'm surprised that you are surprised you are struggling with Epic. Players get stronger champs and advance in the game faster than they ever have. In some ways it's bad because they have champs that are over powered for the lower levels and then they get frustrated when they hit a wall.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

It's also like the 50th post saying this exact same thing.

Happens every Lab lol
    edited June 2020
    Bucky_7 said:

Emylee said:

Emylee said:

Who told you that?
    Again who told you that?
    Who told me that? Look at the rewards for master mate , 250 5* shards and no 5* shards in the store for uncollected players , seriously. What's a uncollected player aiming to become cavalier gonna do with 4* from the store when act6 doesn't allow 4*s . Also cost for 500 5* shards for cavalier is 20 coins and cost for 500 4* shards is 40. Is it a joke?
    Who told you that epic and uncollected difficulty are the same thing?
    If you remember 'Gwenpool goes to the movies' event, the difficulty of this event wasn't even 'master'
    Emylee said:

Emylee said:

Who told you that?
    geared toward the endgame players
    Endgame players are those who have done 100% act 6, AOL etc
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Yes, it's too easy. Bring back the difficulty of Sinister labs.

For sure. It's boring to roll through the entire quest with 1 champ.