**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cavalier crystals (Cavs) update

2»

Comments

• Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Ambjony said:

I’m sorry but I don’t buy the F2P vs P2P theory. People can buy EVERY DAY things that allow them to progress further in the game: catalysts, crystals, with NO LIMIT o check seatin spending thousands of real money to get every single 5* of the game. Or check 4th july or Black Friday deals for instance. The gap between F2P and P2P doesn’t rely on gettin’ 3* or 4* in cavalier cystals. I’m F2P and I think ridiculous that being Cavalier means a 3*. Sorry, but they haven’t even update the weekly calendar to give cavalier crystal and we still get grandmaster. Lame.

Yes, Seatin buys Cav crystals on a weekly basis. But, how many of those crystals actually give him something useful? Not many. Point is, if you remove 3*s, then you increase the drop rates of all the other champions.

With a higher price tag, only P2P players can readily afford the crystals, and with a higher drop rate, they'll have a higher chance of pulling a good champ, which gives them a higher advantage over F2P players.

Yes, you can buy crystals, but they might not give you what you want.
    Yes, you can buy catalysts, but without a good champ, they really have no use.
    So although being P2P gives you benefits, they won't always give you advantages.

If you just remove 3*s, you're giving a clear advantage to the P2P, leaving the F2P in the dust.

Sorry, try again next time.
    Did you really just say that Seatin doesn't get anything useful buying cavs weekly? He has every champion in the game at 5 star level and about 90 6 stars lol. Just stop it.
    Giz said:

Why would Kabam change something that makes them a ton of money....no matter how much of a dirty scam they are!

I disagree. I think if they move 3*'s they would make more money than they do now off of cavaliers. How disappointed can you be if a 4 star is your worse option? They would have to keep the 5 star and 6 star drop rate the same though for this to work.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Tevepata said:

Tevepata said:

Lvernon15 said:

I disagree with buffing them honestly, they’ve created enough Imbalance as it is, if they get buffed it’ll just mean that those who can afford to buy them get even further ahead and players who spend less fall behind even more, no matter how much arena you do you can’t keep up with moderate spenders

If they remove 3* then they aren't going to be 200/300 units anymore. I'd imagine they'll be 800/900 units per crystal.
    Mate,i am reading you from the beginning and just nonsense coming from you.why should they sell it for much higher price without 3 stars?this game is already too expensive,the players are spending way too much time and money.the point would be that,to make the game fun again for everyone and to balance the economy.it looks like you are against of the good changes.in your world you are right for sure,but to be honest i do not even want to imagine your world.
    The cav crystals are 200 units because of 3* in them. Just like DNA3000 just said, removing the 3* you increase the value of the crystal. Increase in value, increase in cost. Simple economics.
    The value is depending on the demand. For most of the cavaliers, that would be just more resources, nothing game changing.
    And the demand and value is high which means you are going to pay more.

Why do you think you pay more for Nike shoes vs Rebok?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Tevepata said:

Tevepata said:

Lvernon15 said:

I disagree with buffing them honestly, they’ve created enough Imbalance as it is, if they get buffed it’ll just mean that those who can afford to buy them get even further ahead and players who spend less fall behind even more, no matter how much arena you do you can’t keep up with moderate spenders

If they remove 3* then they aren't going to be 200/300 units anymore. I'd imagine they'll be 800/900 units per crystal.
    Mate,i am reading you from the beginning and just nonsense coming from you.why should they sell it for much higher price without 3 stars?this game is already too expensive,the players are spending way too much time and money.the point would be that,to make the game fun again for everyone and to balance the economy.it looks like you are against of the good changes.in your world you are right for sure,but to be honest i do not even want to imagine your world.
    The cav crystals are 200 units because of 3* in them. Just like DNA3000 just said, removing the 3* you increase the value of the crystal. Increase in value, increase in cost. Simple economics.
    The value is depending on the demand. For most of the cavaliers, that would be just more resources, nothing game changing.
    It would mean more 5 and 6*'s which quickly widens the gap. The 3*'s are in there so that the flow of 6*'s are stemmed a bit.
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

Ambjony said:

I’m sorry but I don’t buy the F2P vs P2P theory. People can buy EVERY DAY things that allow them to progress further in the game: catalysts, crystals, with NO LIMIT o check seatin spending thousands of real money to get every single 5* of the game. Or check 4th july or Black Friday deals for instance. The gap between F2P and P2P doesn’t rely on gettin’ 3* or 4* in cavalier cystals. I’m F2P and I think ridiculous that being Cavalier means a 3*. Sorry, but they haven’t even update the weekly calendar to give cavalier crystal and we still get grandmaster. Lame.

Yes, Seatin buys Cav crystals on a weekly basis. But, how many of those crystals actually give him something useful? Not many. Point is, if you remove 3*s, then you increase the drop rates of all the other champions.

With a higher price tag, only P2P players can readily afford the crystals, and with a higher drop rate, they'll have a higher chance of pulling a good champ, which gives them a higher advantage over F2P players.

So although being P2P gives you benefits, they won't always give you advantages.

If you just remove 3*s, you're giving a clear advantage to the P2P, leaving the F2P in the dust.

Did you really just say that Seatin doesn't get anything useful buying cavs weekly? He has every champion in the game at 5 star level and about 90 6 stars lol. Just stop it.
    Giz said:

Why would Kabam change something that makes them a ton of money....no matter how much of a dirty scam they are!

I disagree. I think if they move 3*'s they would make more money than they do now off of cavaliers. How disappointed can you be if a 4 star is your worse option? They would have to keep the 5 star and 6 star drop rate the same though for this to work.
    Did I say that Seatin doesn't get anything useful from cavs? No. I said that not many of the crystals give him something useful.

We've been through this before, buddy. You have to make sure you read my comments carefully. Otherwise, take your own advice and "stop it".

: ))))
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Ambjony said:

Giz said:

Did I say that Seatin doesn't get anything useful from cavs? No. I said that not many of the crystals give him something useful.

We've been through this before, buddy. You have to make sure you read my comments carefully. Otherwise, take your own advice and "stop it".

Not many of those crystals give something useful is still completely false. So my first post still stands. Cavaliers literally broke the game. Thats evidence enough because you have to be a spender to be in a top 30 alliance.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    The best thing is to entirely remove the 3*s, increase the 4* chance and slightly reduce 5* chance, to balance this change out. The 6* drop rate is reasonable at where it is now.
  • Options
    BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125

Not many of those crystals give something useful is still completely false. So my first
    post still stands. Cavaliers literally broke the game. Thats evidence enough because you have to be a spender to be in a top 30 alliance.

You had to be a spender to be In a top 30 alliance since before the cavalier crystals came out.
  • Options
    manan_44manan_44 Posts: 654 ★★★
    I am uncollected and also wish 3 stars were removed from grandmaster crystals.
  • Options
    crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    Why not just make a Cav crystal cost 5000 grandmaster shards, remove the 3's from it and allow people to buy grandmaster shards with units.
  • Options
    KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 311 ★★★
    All
    Ya_Boi_28 said:

Why dont they make the drop rates:
    88% chance of a 4-Star
    11% chance of a 5-star
    1% chance of a 6-star

Cav crystals yield 3 stars pretty much all the time and they are always included in story rewards. Cav crystals shouldn't feel like GM crystals. They should feel like cav crystals.

Plus, if you're spending money for them, they are $6 per crystal and $10 per featured crystal. That is expensive. Nobody wants to spend $6 or $10 for 55x 4 star shards and 2 blocks of iso.

Sure but only if duping a 4*... only gets you 55x 4* crystal shards and not 275x 5* shards. Then the economics could still work

• Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,142 ★★★★★
    Kabam's so focused on giving the bare minimum for everything protecting their valuable game economy until there's player outcry, they don't realize it doesn't matter what your economy looks like if you don't have players left.... If the company's goal is to generate income, then keep your players happy and focus on everything that gives as much positive feedback as possible to make people want to spend.. They're doing a HORRIBLE job of that the last few years PERIOD