**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gold

2»

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Gold is so hard to come by that I don't know what to do?! I only have a few million saved and all these crystals but there's just not enough!

/s

Everyone has different needs, some people are short - but its one of the most available resources in the game.. just a bit grindy to get gold
    Oh I know. I was being sarcastic. I'd already explained earlier in the thread that there's over 800,000 gold per month from the first three milestones in all the arenas, not including the 1-2* arena or any of the BCs you can use.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    edited June 2020
    Your other option is to get those gold crystals and save them up to next anniversary 1week boost and that should give you enough golds for... 6 months maybe? Seeing the cost to rank and leveling up a 5-6* takes
  • Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 343 ★★

Who has a gold problem? Maybe you should manage your spending a little more.
  • JollyHawkJollyHawk Posts: 533 ★★★

i cant even believe these guys a normal player.they all talking like kabam employee
    there is a huge gold problem and only way to get gold play arena its ridicilious it should be at least 3-5 alternative way to get gold nobody has to play arena

I can't even believe these guys normal player.they all talking like bots who set up multiple forum accounts to troll.

Just like anything else in this game, the more time you put in the more resources you will get. Time or money, you've got to put in one or the other to progress.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    You do know that if you even do 2 milestones of arena you can get like 50k gold right? That’s no more than 30 mins of play time. You could do that while pooping
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★

You do know that if you even do 2 milestones of arena you can get like 50k gold right? That’s no more than 30 mins of play time. You could do that while pooping

I call arena the game of thrones.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

So...why don't you do arena?

Like myself and others here, its literally the most boring mind numbling part of the game.
    I hate it too but it's worth doing some. You can hit the first two milestones on the 2*-3* arena with the larger arena boosts with one fight. Hit some milestones for units, chips and gold while watching a movie. You barely have to look at the screen.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Your or other option is to get those gold crystals and save them up to next anniversary 1week boost and that should give you enough golds for... 6 months maybe? Seeing the cost to rank and leveling up a 5-6* takes
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,011 ★★★★
    This is cut and paste from what I just posted in the roadmap thread , thought it was worth putting here
    QUALITY OF LIFE equals gold, since completing act 6 and since t5b and t2a have become much more abundant I’ve worked out we have to spend well over an hour a day in arena to keep enough gold to not have resources expire.
    After nearly five years playing the game it’s disgusting that arena has gone from what it was, a free unit gathering excercise, for f2p to gather units to do game progression, through mindless grind, to something necessary to not have resources expire. Act 6 rewards had rankup materials requiring about 9m gold, people that grind every day say they have enough, But their hundreds of thousands of Mindless arena fights is not something for new gamers to aspire to. The grind should not be compulsory, those who lead alliances and recruit and do war diversity and placement And organising aq paths like myself already spend so much time on alliance work before we get to grind every day. The game quickly becomes a chore.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Gold is a problem for newer players as they get 5/6* champs very easy and end up spending it before earned it.

Same as act 6... think if main enough and Kabam will change it.
  • ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    Why do you even need to level up these terrible champs if you don’t do arena?
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Yeah if you sell 4* you get no iso-8 and no gold so never do it, kabam mike even wants to remove it from the game because it messes up accounts that badly
    Duh I’m levelling up 5/65s for act 6 content
    One hour a day takes about a month of arena grind to do one
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Look here they are again, it’s like they do this every week.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    People can’t seem to equate Gold as a resource and always expect to have it handed to them.
    Speeds80 said:

This is cut and paste from what I just posted in the roadmap thread , thought it was worth putting here
    QUALITY OF LIFE equals gold, since completing act 6 and since t5b and t2a have become much more abundant I’ve worked out we have to spend well over an hour a day in arena to keep enough gold to not have resources expire.
    After nearly five years playing the game it’s disgusting that arena has gone from what it was, a free unit gathering excercise, for f2p to gather units to do game progression, through mindless grind, to something necessary to not have resources expire. Act 6 rewards had rankup materials requiring about 9m gold, people that grind every day say they have enough, But their hundreds of thousands of Mindless arena fights is not something for new gamers to aspire to. The grind should not be compulsory, those who lead alliances and recruit and do war diversity and placement And organising aq paths like myself already spend so much time on alliance work before we get to grind every day. The game quickly becomes a chore.

Yeah. New gamers don’t have 4-5 years to gather hundred of thousands of arena fights.

Just in case you missed out on some part of the equation:

Total # Arena Fights = Average # of Arena Fights per Arena x Total Number of Arenas

Of course veterans have huge numbers because they have had time on their side.

The grind isn’t compulsory. You just need to accept that you’ll rank slower than those who do.

If you think you’re spending too much time on alliance work and it becomes a chore, then don’t lead an alliance. It’s YOUR decision to want to have the authority to call the shots, making it YOUR responsibility to do alliance work.
    I’m pointing out that if you tell them they need to spend hundreds of thousands of fights in the most boring part of the game to be ahead in gold in 4 years then it’s hardly an incentive to keep playing a game, game should be fun, dear anybody joining the game just realise that if like me you spend 45 minutes a day grinding arena for 4 years you might find that instead of getting to keep doing that; you may Actually start being pressured to spend more time, there is no relief if you want to participate in mid level aq and complete content, nig spends almost 2 hours a day in arena for the last 5 years, if you think that’s Something aspirational for people to start gaming for then yeah, two thumbs up, please kabam don’t make gold anymore available for content grinding or aq or anything that we actually might enjoy playing in the game, Because we all want to spend two hours a day grinding. ps arena is boring
    I’m super curious how someone takes 45 minutes to do about 30 minutes worth of arena day in and day out.
    It’s called no suicides
    Plus the times I took breaks because I didn’t Need gold
    Suicides shave about 10%, but good to know people don’t have to do it every day for 4 years.
    Yeah but since act 6 I’ve been pressured back to an hour a day, it’s the pressure after 4 years of arena being my unit grind when I wanted to do content, to now being needed to stop resources expiring that makes it frustrating, I’ve learnt to sit on champs but having to keep doing rank ups and not leveling to stop cats expiring is bizarre, I’m looking forward to the road map idea that makes arena less of a drag in anyway, can’t happen fast enough imo, not sure why the rewards for incursions are capped on one good run a week, I would love to be running them instead of arena for gold. My suggestions are for the health of this game, I don’t think the arena reqs for leveling up champs are healthy anymore
    Speeds80 said:

I’m pointing out that if you tell them they need to spend hundreds of thousands of fights in the most boring part of the game to be ahead in gold in 4 years then it’s hardly an incentive to keep playing a game, game should be fun, dear anybody joining the game just realise that if like me you spend 45 minutes a day grinding arena for 4 years you might find that instead of getting to keep doing that; you may Actually start being pressured to spend more time, there is no relief if you want to participate in mid level aq and complete content, nig spends almost 2 hours a day in arena for the last 5 years, if you think that’s Something aspirational for people to start gaming for then yeah, two thumbs up, please kabam don’t make gold anymore available for content grinding or aq or anything that we actually might enjoy playing in the game, Because we all want to spend two hours a day grinding. ps arena is boring

I do it cause I can spare the time to do so and I use it to sharpen my skills, and learn about how to handle newer champs. Units are the main reason.

As I mentioned in the other thread, my alts don’t do arena, and have no issues with gold. None. So no, arena is not required. Resource management is.
    edited July 2020
    Did your AltS do act 6?