**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How do I motivate myself from this terrible luck?

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
I want to progress in this game but every time I open a 5 star crystal I get a dud. My last 6 5 star hero crystals have resulted in Miles Morales, BPCW, Gambit, Ronan, King Groot, and Cable. I really don't know how to motivate myself to continue playing this game as 5 star crystals are quite hard to get at my level (I'm completed all of Act 5 and explore UC EQ every month) and at this stage, I need new, powerful champions for Act 6. What do you do to deal with bad luck? I'm 0-6.

Comments

• Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    I hear ya, my last 6 5 stars were annihalus twice loki sentry ronin, and green goblin, I also lost all motivation to play
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Another rng complaint post. That will definitely help you get better luck.

But really, sorry bro I feel you.
  • Options
    LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Everyone goes through this. I see it all the time in allys and chats I’ve been in and with my own account. You’ll have terrible luck and then suddenly you’ll hit a wave of amazing champs and your luck will start to taper off.

I took a break for a couple months, came back and my crystal luck completely flipped from terrible to amazing. Now I don’t even care what I pull anymore I just pop them because I’m totally content with my roster. Might just be time for you to take a break if your not enjoying it anymore.
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★

I want to progress in this game but every time I open a 5 star crystal I get a dud. My last 6 5 star hero crystals have resulted in Miles Morales, BPCW, Gambit, Ronan, King Groot, and Cable. I really don't know how to motivate myself to continue playing this game as 5 star crystals are quite hard to get at my level (I'm completed all of Act 5 and explore UC EQ every month) and at this stage, I need new, powerful champions for Act 6. What do you do to deal with bad luck? I'm 0-6.

Not sure it helps but I'm on a run of 0-20+ 5* 😂
  • Options
    Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    edited June 2020
    Was Ronan unduped ?
  • Options
    ArrowoliverArrowoliver Posts: 3
    I'm just frustrated I have 21 5* champs but 4 of them are really worth rank ups I would like to sell other champs to gain 6* shards if kabam gives that option
  • Options
    AlexBossuAlexBossu Posts: 146
    edited June 2020
    Quit this game. Afrer struggling to acquire some good champs, you ll find the cats problem. Then, act6, where you really need some certain champs. Also, get ready for totally useless 6*.

Additionally, dont think to spend real money. In this way, maybe they will think to balance their champs. Very few older champs are useful and they create new champs, which are useful, to make you spend. Do not spend!
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    I don’t know if you buy lottery tickets or not... but it’s similar. No one beats themselves down after not winning lottery tickets they bought. Just move on to the next one.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    this is what you get for jinxing yourself
  • Options
    AdityatheaawesomAdityatheaawesom Posts: 101
    Some days are good some days are bad. If you can 100% Eq then focus on 100% Act 5.4. If you don't wanna do that then get Cav much more opportunities and benefit. Also if you really are getting bored take a break. Its necessary for everyone. Also I can relate at a higher level pulled a 6* Rocket Racoon as my second 6* Electro as first. Its much harder for me, but I have a good 5* Roster to compensate. Takes time but get through the hard stuff eventually you'll pull good. ALso remember its fine to take a break
  • Options
    AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    @KDSuperFlash10

I had a terrible despair riddled run with 5* Magneto, 6* Juggernaut, 5* Punisher 2099, 5* Antman, 5* Groot, 5* Elektra (mostly from featured crystals)....

but then I had 5* Blade, 5* Nick Fury, 5* Colossus, 5* Silver Surfer and 5* Quake back to back.

I’m now totally pacified for the next 10 major crystals, as I have a pittance of rank-up resources.

Your time will come.

• Options

Was Ronan unduped ?

yes sadly, he would have some use duped
  • Options
    Thecurler said:

Not sure it helps but I'm on a run of 0-20+ 5* 😂
    Oh damn bro that really sucks
  • Options
    0din said:

Yeah gotta collect them all.

This isn't pokemon homie
  • Options
    xNig said:

I don’t know if you buy lottery tickets or not... but it’s similar. No one beats themselves down after not winning lottery tickets they bought. Just move on to the next one.

It's quite a bit different lol. With a lottery ticket, you don't work to get it (other than the small fee to purchase one). With a 5 or 6 star crystal, you have to grind through content to get one, just to get disappointed again and again. I appreciate the analogy, but it doesn't really work in this situation.
  • Options

this is what you get for jinxing yourself

How do I unjinx myself, my luck's been cursed since that "I'm raining with luck rn" thread.
  • Options
    linux said:

One of them -- Ronan -- is useful for the 6.3.6 boss once duped (on my alt, I'm waiting for him or someone with guaranteed crits -- ghost is ideal, but no ghost); he's also useful for some event content where opponents have buffs such that they can be perma-stunned. And King Groot is (IIRC) useful for some variant paths.

RNG is problematic as the primary source of rewards because it is expected to produce "unfair" results. (That is, with the same input, different people get very different results -- mathematically a fair RNG produces results that seem manifestly unfair to us.)

This is a design decision Kabam made (and continues to make).
    Thanks for the silver lining. I would be pretty happy with a Ronan dupe I guess cuz of his long stuns against champs with lots of buffs.
  • Options

Some days are good some days are bad. If you can 100% Eq then focus on 100% Act 5.4. If you don't wanna do that then get Cav much more opportunities and benefit. Also if you really are getting bored take a break. Its necessary for everyone. Also I can relate at a higher level pulled a 6* Rocket Racoon as my second 6* Electro as first. Its much harder for me, but I have a good 5* Roster to compensate. Takes time but get through the hard stuff eventually you'll pull good. ALso remember its fine to take a break

Thanks for the advice man, and I feel you with that bad luck. I can't compare cuz 6 stars are exponentially harder to acquire and the feeling of getting a bad 6 star is really really bad. I have already 100% Act 5.4 and I always 100% UC EQ but I don't wanna 100% all of Act 5 cuz the rewards are not too great for what I need rn, which is more and better 5 stars. Do you think I should try for Cavalier? @Adityatheaawesom
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Aburaees said:

@KDSuperFlash10

I had a terrible despair riddled run with 5* Magneto, 6* Juggernaut, 5* Punisher 2099, 5* Antman, 5* Groot, 5* Elektra (mostly from featured crystals)....

but then I had 5* Blade, 5* Nick Fury, 5* Colossus, 5* Silver Surfer and 5* Quake back to back.

I’m now totally pacified for the next 10 major crystals, as I have a pittance of rank-up resources.

Your time will come.

Thanks for the nice words man, hopefully my time of good luck will come. And congrats for those awesome pulls.