**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sentinel heal on second sp3 not working

MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
Against the last mutant (sabertooth) on epic modok lab quest.

No heal block nodes, although sabertooth did have glancing node.

3 sp3s over the course of the fight (127 hits) and no heal to sentinel off the second or third sp3.

Not had a fight this long with sentinel before where I saved to sp3 repeatedly (run suicides), so I've not seen this bug before.

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    When you fired off the second L3, was the armor charge removed?

Have you tried this against an enemy that doesn't have any type of glancing/ability accuracy reduction?
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    The armor charge stayed up on both the second and third sp3.

Tested against WS and it works, so maybe it's glancing?
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    L3's can glance. I'm guess that was your issue.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    This might be a little hard to follow. Special 3s will not trigger glancing but your S3 did have the effects of glancing. Confusing? For sure.

An S3 used in isolation will not glance. However if an S3 is chained (used immediately) from a basic attack that glanced it will suffer the effects of glancing.

You can verify this in Act 5.2.4 with Ant-Man for the cost of 3 energy. Take a champion who has a 100% chance to gain any ability with a s3 and use your s3 only in isolation, not chaining it from any other attack.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    Ditto!!
  • Thanks for the help on this, gang!
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 281 ★★★

This might be a little hard to follow. Special 3s will not trigger glancing but your S3 did have the effects of glancing. Confusing? For sure.

An S3 used in isolation will not glance. However if an S3 is chained (used immediately) from a basic attack that glanced it will suffer the effects of glancing.

You can verify this in Act 5.2.4 with Ant-Man for the cost of 3 energy. Take a champion who has a 100% chance to gain any ability with a s3 and use your s3 only in isolation, not chaining it from any other attack.

I agree with this, and have experienced it myself, but shouldn't that be a bug? It seems like the "glance" ability from the previous hit is "leftover" in a sense and applied to the SP3. A similar thing happens in the Abyss against the Skill opponents that have -100% ability accuracy except for when using specials. If you chain a light/medium into a SP3 you still lose the ability accuracy of the SP3, but if you use the SP3 in isolation you don't.