**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Lets Talk About Tigra's sp2 Reach

2»

Comments

• Mav3NMav3N Posts: 14
    what happens if you find her on Bane node, if she throws sp2 during changeing over of ban then you will be doomed LOL
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    Agree 100% SP2 last forever and the reach is crazy. The thing about the new champs they introduce all of them so far have unblockable special 1 and/or 2.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Smash said:

Werewrym said:

So I guess I'm not the only one then... The only thing that worries me is when players get a hold of this champ and start throwing her on 200% power gain nodes in war, the only counters would be magik and quake. And then we run into the whole concept of needing a specific counter for a champ solely because when they throw specials you get backed up more than half way across the screen. Seems absurd to me that I would need to counter a champ because of their reach only.

She’s actually not Quakable (if that’s even a word) lol. Her medium is a very fast two hit. Way too fast to react to it. At least that’s what happened to me the first and only time fighting her with Quake.
    She’s totally Quakeable. Only reason you can’t Quake the uncollected boss because of Life Transfer, but you can work around that.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★

I have always found that the reach of some attacks alter anyway. Many times I have dashed back to avoid a heavy from SW or Storm etc, next thing I know she's dashed on one leg half way across the screen to reach me! lol Then other times its completely 'normal'.

Not sure what causes this, surely the coding of how a champ moves is set and shouldn't intermittently change?

This is what i call "sliding" - it's quite annoying and one of the most unrealistic aspects of the game mechanics... I can imagine how terrible it will be with Tigra.
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

I have always found that the reach of some attacks alter anyway. Many times I have dashed back to avoid a heavy from SW or Storm etc, next thing I know she's dashed on one leg half way across the screen to reach me! lol Then other times its completely 'normal'.

Not sure what causes this, surely the coding of how a champ moves is set and shouldn't intermittently change?

This is what i call "sliding" - it's quite annoying and one of the most unrealistic aspects of the game mechanics... I can imagine how terrible it will be with Tigra.
    Wolverines heavy 'bicycle kick' is another one that does it quite often. You would need to make you champ dex out of the screen to miss some of them! lol
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

As someone who spent $200 getting the 5*, I'm concerned. Hahaha.

You did end up getting the 5* then? Will you be trying her on defense?
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Mav3N said:

what happens if you find her on Bane node, if she throws sp2 during changeing over of ban then you will be doomed LOL

Lol, yeah that's like 15 seconds of bane damage free of charge...
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    CAIW crushes her
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    definitely agree ... her SP2 shocked me ... at first i was like cool evade, dex ... but then it kept GOING lol .. i was like oh there's more?? and more?? and then afterwards thinking wow that's just really long and boy does she jump far lol
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★

Smash said:

Werewrym said:

So I guess I'm not the only one then... The only thing that worries me is when players get a hold of this champ and start throwing her on 200% power gain nodes in war, the only counters would be magik and quake. And then we run into the whole concept of needing a specific counter for a champ solely because when they throw specials you get backed up more than half way across the screen. Seems absurd to me that I would need to counter a champ because of their reach only.

She’s actually not Quakable (if that’s even a word) lol. Her medium is a very fast two hit. Way too fast to react to it. At least that’s what happened to me the first and only time fighting her with Quake.
    She’s totally Quakeable. Only reason you can’t Quake the uncollected boss because of Life Transfer, but you can work around that.

That’s good to hear thanks. Like I said I only tried once and she got me and haven’t tried again so far. One fight wasn’t a big sample. Could’ve just been me messing up.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

Werewrym said:

And Psylocke counters her.
    Reaone I’m disagreeing is because MD wil giv he power so if ther is one with MD she wil not counter he but els yes.
    I should've clarified more, you don't want to use the sp1-enervate method to power lock Tigra, you want to use the sp2 spam to power lock her. If you land the attack, you gain 34% of your max power, which is enough to either launch a sp1 or to make it to another sp2 before the six second power lock expires.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    Omg adjust her god damn sp2 at times i cant even dex bc its seem the game doesnt register.

Sick and tired of the **** bugs in this game
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Any Power Reserve/ Power Gain node is going to be a nightmare. Add Mystic Dispersion on to that and you're looking at constant specials unless you can completely control her power.
  • M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    Thats what i thought first when fight her. She is gonna pain in the xxx in aw defense. Hopefully kabam nerf her just like what they do with domino
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    Hawkeye might be good against her. Just keep doing his SP1 for DOT and power control. Spider gwen SP1 also. Any thoughts on this???
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

As someone who spent $200 getting the 5*, I'm concerned. Hahaha.

You did end up getting the 5* then? Will you be trying her on defense?
    Yes I did. She's only R2 at the moment. Will when I get her up higher.