**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

This GOLD & iso nightmare is freaking Bad

2»

Comments

• Elad17Elad17 Posts: 332 ★★

I can offer 3 suggestions to obtain the resources you need
    Arena
    Incursions
    Battlechips.
    I do only this and open when I have more than 5 of each Crystal

Save a bit and you will find your overflowing in resources. Better management and slower content completion will set u on the right path
    Remember 99% of the content in this game is permanent. So slow down and enjoy the game a lil more. If you rush then you won’t have anything to look forward to. I do arena daily and one path of story mode and two paths of EQ. When EQ Is finished I do more arena. Free units gold and resources all come from the above mentioned top 3. I have not even completed ACT 6 just got cavalier for the better chances at better champs higher ranked
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    Listen guys this thread where we talk about an issur that is serious for many players.
    U can disagree but it's the truth.
    Those with gold u don't have to worry about this. U can't understand the issue most of us are facing.
    1st of all only 20% are plaid whales.
    30% go for sudden deals. And some supposably good one like 4th of july.
    And 50% are free to play.

My theory can be wrong too.
    I am just saying. Opening up crystal using units gives u countless iso dupe. U sell them and turn them to gold.
    People with 10mil gold won't understand the issue we have.

Even if we save gold crystal for 20% boost.
    Rank up Meterials will go overflow.
    And u will end up ranking champs.
    Forcefully.
    And people who are playing this game and understand what gold issue is they are mostly cavilier players. Or elder's bane.

There are certain requirements in 6.2 and 6.3 gate system. U understand that good pulls doesn't happen to often with most of us. So we can't even touch contents like that unless we have champ that are required and useful at the same time.

So don't say stuff like don't upgrade this and that... We understand what efficiency means. I myself had no luck with cosmic champ till this year's January.
    But 90% of my catalyst crystal gave me cosmic rank up materials. I had to swap those. Same happened with science.
    Well... Now it is what it is.
    People went crazy spent spree on last gifting evet. And got crazy Amount of gold.
    Some people like me did arena grind constantly and opened chips and gifted level 3 alliance potions to get every point on milestones resulting that awekening gem. So we also know what grinding is.
    Don't force basic knowledge on end game players having issue with a particular aspect of these game.
    And yes arena sucks.. arena is absolutely worthless. We wanna see a change. If u like it get on board. If u don't just ignore.
    Everyone has personal opinion.
    But the gold and iso problem is real.

Why would you ever open a gold crystal without the 20% boost? Please don't listen to the lack of logic in certain statements. Last year I held all my gold until the 20% boosts and had a surplus of 5 million in one shot, this year it will surely be more.

How's it lack of logic? He's complaining about lack of gold for rank ups and he's sitting on 600 gold crystals. That's like complaining about being hungry and begging for food when you have a fridge full of food.
    No that would be complaining about having to drain an investment to get what’s needed. Sure I could drain my 401k right now to get money immediately but I sure as heck am going to regret it later.

I don’t personally have a gold issue but I still would never recommend to open those up without a boost. If anything he’s making a smart choice with his resources there. Rank up choices may be a different matter.
    I didn't take him seriously when he said that. If you really need an explanation why not to wait for a 20% boost before you open gold crystals, its no wonder you agree with Kabam 98% of the time lol. Criticizing others on how to maintain an account is not your forte lol.
    It's no different than saying there's a gold problem but that person won't do arena or incursions to get gold. Saving gold crystals for the boost is perfectly fine. But if you are in desperate need of gold to rank up, you should open those crystals. If you have the means to get the gold do it. It's only a problem if you are making it a problem.

Stop taking every champ to R3 that won't ever touch after doing so unless you want to be serious about arena. Don't even take them to 1/25.

Stop ranking every useless 6* that you'll never touch after taking 1/25.

I maintain a healthy roster. I'm able to rank when I need to and always have a good surplus. I don't run arena and don't do much incursions. I have just under 2 mil but haven't been out of gold in a very long time. I've also always been able to make donations every week and never needed to make trades. There's been several people who have made solid suggestions on how to get the gold you need. Not wanting to do those things doesn't mean there's a gold problem. It's a you problem.
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    Elad17 said:

I can offer 3 suggestions to obtain the resources you need
    Arena
    Incursions
    Battlechips.
    I do only this and open when I have more than 5 of each Crystal

Save a bit and you will find your overflowing in resources. Better management and slower content completion will set u on the right path
    Remember 99% of the content in this game is permanent. So slow down and enjoy the game a lil more. If you rush then you won’t have anything to look forward to. I do arena daily and one path of story mode and two paths of EQ. When EQ Is finished I do more arena. Free units gold and resources all come from the above mentioned top 3. I have not even completed ACT 6 just got cavalier for the better chances at better champs higher ranked

Hey thanx man. Yeah i am really easy going player. Patience is the key.
    I became cavilier before elder's bane. I became elder's bane this month. Cz everything is soo dry. Went for it.
    Imagine act 5 have no single amount of gold. Well i understand what u are saying and everyone else. But it is true that even after doing every alternate thing sometimes we get stuck in difficult position.
    Well love everyone's feedback.
    But may be this will be good survey and interesting decision for them.
    Some people will leave. Others will force to leave. If u ask me KABAM doesn't care.
    U can be an utuber. Even so it doesn't matter. Cz corporate office. This will be an issue that will eat up lot of f2p. And the community will more incline towards spending players. Good for their business venture.
    That is completely understandable.
    Or may be i will just wait till i get more gold. Or just uninstall.
    None of the above are bad decision. Lol.
    Appreciate the feedback everyone.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    I’m just gunna say you actually constantly grinding arena is a big bucket of BS.

The problem is you don’t want to participate in the most important area of the game for a non spender. End of.
  • AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★
    Isn't this an almost duplicate post you made like a week ago complaining about gold? There are ways to get gold. Do arena. It sucks and you don't want to hear it, but if you're having gold problems there are ways to get gold. I hoard all my arena crystals and gold crystals til summoner appreciation, pop them and have more than enough gold for an entire year whole being aggressive with rank ups.
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 724 ★★★★
    I only read the title and I agree. I ranked a few champs a few days ago and I was left with 97m gold. Now I'm at almost 100mil and all I did was play a bit of arena. And the iso is always expiring. I just can't get rid of them fast enough.
    Kabam also gave me 2000 AQ tickets so no point spending gold on that.
    How can I get rid of them?
  • TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 365 ★★★
    The game is designed that you will always have a shortfall of something. It’s to encourage extra grind or make you spend.
    Champs to rank up - buy crystals.
    Catalysts you rank up - buy rank up deals.
    Lack of gold and iso - buy crystals.
    If everyone had the same shortfall they would likely make an adjustment but everyone lacks a different resource. For me I lack catalysts but have plenty of gold, iso and quality champs, as a result I get tempted every time I see a t2a and t5b deal.
  • KnasKnasKnasKnas Posts: 28
    edited June 2020
    I had a surplus 9m gold before I became Cavalier. During my road to Cavalier, I got a 5* Human Torch, 5* Dc Doom, 5* Quake, 5* Medusa and 6* Ghost. After leveling them all along with building up my mid-tier roster (r3 5*s) to have options for AQs and AWs, all that gold was gone. Right now though, I'm generally struggling with level-up materials like T2 alphas, T5BCs, T4CCs, ISO and Gold. However, this is not something I can just grind out, since its mostly the T2 alphas that are lacking, and theres not many ways to get them - with AQ being the only way to "farm" them.

The only way to reliably get decent amounts of gold is to do Incursions or grind the arena, but arena is such a mind numbing task which caused me has caused me to burn out for months to years at most. I'm at a point where I want to do fun content while feeling productive. I don't feel productive grinding the arena, cause its way too slow. If I, for a weird reason, would wanna grow my 4* roster, it will still take hours each day just doing the arena. And all that for a measly 4* that I can absolutely never use for further content because they are obsolete.

I'm a low spender, that only occasionally buys daily unit cards and the sigil. I don't have the money to buy other stuff. I also play to complete content for progression sake, as that's the thing that appeals most to me as a player. After I got Cavalier, I've realised that theres no way for me to progress any further without grinding and just waiting for months, since the lack of T2 alphas, gold and ISO prevents me from completing new ****. Act 6 as it is now is so dependant on a selectable few champions that I don't yet have (or don't have ranked high enough) to reliably complete the chapters.

Current top roster is Torch, Doom, Medusa, Dc Oc, Quake, The Champion (Used as an AW Boss) and Ghost. Only Torch is r5, the others are r4 (Ghost a r1 6*), except Quake which is only r3. I want to r5 Doom and Medusa + r2 Ghost, but in order to do that I, well, have to wait for months for Glory to buy T2 alphas.. Just knowing that theres no way to progress further without either becoming a god player or by spending a bunch of cash makes me lose interest in the game. And that saddens me, since I still love most of the game.

However, with the announcement of the coming Cavalier difficulty for EQ, I'm hoping lots of things will change for the better. To me, and lots of mid- to end game players, that addition will be the best content except for Abyss since it can be farmed.
  • TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
    Play incursions and arena if you need gold. Save the gold crystals and open them the next time a gold boost is available.

What I would like to see:

- decrease in rank up costs

- ranking up champs via rank up gems should not
    cost any gold at all
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    I ran out of iso8
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 650 ★★★★
    The fact that people actually sit here and defend Kabam and saying there's no shortage is crazy.

I have always maintained around 8m gold, but there's definitely a shortage of Gold and ISO. Yes Kabam has added more ways for gold, but there's still a shortage. Not everyone has multiple hours a day for playing arena. Give us Cavalier gold crystals, add more gold to all arena milestones, add a daily/weekly gold quest for ALL players not just Sigil.

And the fact that you still only get 24 bricks of ISO for duping a 5* and 6* is absolutely mind numbing. People have lives and don't prefer to spend 3+ hours a day doing arena.

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I think the blame lands on Kabam shoulders because arena is a terrible game mode. Its a hamster on a wheel. I personally find it strange that several people here take pride in grinding arena because they have so much free time. Then turn around and snub their noses at people who have less time or simply don't like the game mode and want an alternative. Gold was purposefully made short because you get the same amount of iso for 5 star and 6 star rankups yet the costs goes up significantly. You cannot avoid that fact.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Gold was purposefully made short because you get the same amount of iso for 5 star and 6 star rankups yet the costs goes up significantly. You cannot avoid that fact.

Yet somehow the malcontents ignore the fact that the iso for ranking up 5 stars comes from 4 stars not 5 stars and the iso for ranking up 6 stars comes from both 4 and 5 stars not 6 stars. It means little what the iso obtained from 5 and 6s actually is when you’ll be opening so many lower rarity champions to level up the higher rarities. It’s a sad joke people ignore something so blatantly obvious.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★

I think the blame lands on Kabam shoulders because arena is a terrible game mode. Its a hamster on a wheel. I personally find it strange that several people here take pride in grinding arena because they have so much free time. Then turn around and snub their noses at people who have less time or simply don't like the game mode and want an alternative. Gold was purposefully made short because you get the same amount of iso for 5 star and 6 star rankups yet the costs goes up significantly. You cannot avoid that fact.

People who put more time and effort into things get more out of it. That's not a snub. That's a fact of life. Is it understandable that some don't have the time? Sure. It also doesn't require mass amounts, just wise choices when spending it. Regardless, it's understandable. It's just not a given that they should get as much as people who put more in. Logging on a few times day isn't going to give enough Resources to Rank the highest Champs.
    A lot of people don't like going to work either. They find it tedious and boring. If they want money for needs and wants, they pretty much have no choice.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited June 2020

Yet somehow the malcontents ignore the fact that the iso for ranking up 5 stars comes from 4 stars not 5 stars and the iso for ranking up 6 stars comes from both 4 and 5 stars not 6 stars. It means little what the iso obtained from 5 and 6s actually is when you’ll be opening so many lower rarity champions to level up the higher rarities. It’s a sad joke people ignore something so blatantly obvious.

Even these are not enough to cover the 5*s iso needs (let alone 6*s). People were also opening 2* and 3* crystals back when 4*s were the top rarity. Despite that 4*s award significantly more iso than the lesser rarities to cover their needs. Your statement that 4* openings cover the 5*s needs it’s plain untrue, unless someone whales it on cavaliers. The game’s iso economy on 5*s/6*s needs a huge revamp, there is no doubt about that.
  • Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276
    What are ranking up? I haven't done arena in about 2 years but I hover around 17m gold, and Im always having to sell ISO
  • OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    Do the variants.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Even these are not enough to cover the 5*s iso needs (let alone 6*s). People were also opening 2* and 3* crystals back when 4*s were the top rarity. Despite that 4*s award significantly more iso than the lesser rarities to cover their needs. Your statement that 4* openings cover the 5*s needs it’s plain untrue, unless someone whales it on cavaliers. The game’s iso economy on 5*s/6*s needs a huge revamp, there is no doubt about that.
    Except you need 2k shards for the next rarity until you hit 4*s.