Options

Tigra - is she any good?

Branis41Branis41 Posts: 26
edited June 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I have been so lucky and got a 6 star Tigra 2 days ago from a featured cavalier crystal. Bought 5 pieces of them and pulled her from 1st spin. Was testing her for a while, have seen almost all vids of her available on YouTube, but I’m still not sure what I should think of her. Is she worth to rank 2/35? I will appreciate any comments on her. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Esket1t_420Esket1t_420 Posts: 548 ★★★
    don’t have her but she seems fun to play. i think if anything she’ll shine on AW defense with an unblockable sp2 node but don’t take my word for it because i don’t have her
  • Options

don’t have her but she seems fun to play. i think if anything she’ll shine on AW defense with an unblockable sp2 node but don’t take my word for it because i don’t have her

Thanks man. I think I might try her in the next AW in defence. She should be good not only on unblockable sp2 node but on any other as her sp2 are unblockable always if you make a dashback before you’ll smash sp2. The question is, will she dashback automatically before each of her sp?
  • Options
    What I can say, she is great against Nova of Hyperion and as well other cosmic champs where she can fully nullify their utilities
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    She seems...well, she has utility. The problem is I don't think it's the right utility for a Mystic champ to have. Unblockable specials is done more effectively with Doom, and phasing moves is done better by Ghost. Her Neutralize and Trauma are essentially Stagger and another unique DoT.

It begs the question of: What can she do that no other champion can do better?

Right now, I don't have a valid answer, and thus she goes into the mediocrity pile for now.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★★
    Try playing around with her
  • Options
    LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Hard to say, most youtubers that got her didn’t seem to know how to play her or even really could play her. Mastering her playstyle requires mastering heavy intercepts which to me makes her one of the hardest champs to master next to Hela. Champions like Quake, Ghost and Doom initially went unnoticed until someone broke down their gameplay style to the rest of community so who knows Tigra might be the same.
  • Options

Try playing around with her

That’s what I’m doin :) but maybe I’m not doing it right or haven’t had right matchups 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    ChriissRChriissR Posts: 651 ★★★★
    She seems like more Arena fodder tbh
  • Options
    Lunae said:

Hard to say, most youtubers that got her didn’t seem to know how to play her or even really could play her. Mastering her playstyle requires mastering heavy intercepts which to me makes her one of the hardest champs to master next to Hela. Champions like Quake, Ghost and Doom initially went unnoticed until someone broke down their gameplay style to the rest of community so who knows Tigra might be the same.

Exactly, the play style is different. It’s not always easy to perform heavy intercept to activate the rupture effect. And obviously it’s not possible to do it on nodes where heavy’s cannot be interrupted.
    What I realised, to make her damage effective, it’s necessary to launch sp3 at first and then try to intercept heavies or specials attack of the opponent with her heavies, to place as many ruptures as possible and then smash unblockable sp2. At least I think this might me the most effective way to maximise her potential. At least I think so :smile:
  • Options
    LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Branis41 said:

Lunae said:

Exactly, the play style is different. It’s not always easy to perform heavy intercept to activate the rupture effect. And obviously it’s not possible to do it on nodes where heavy’s cannot be interrupted.
    What I realised, to make her damage effective, it’s necessary to launch sp3 at first and then try to intercept heavies or specials attack of the opponent with her heavies, to place as many ruptures as possible and then smash unblockable sp2. At least I think this might me the most effective way to maximise her potential. At least I think so :smile:
    Yea she’s definitely more complicated then most champions so I can easily see her being overlooked until someone actually takes the time to master her. She also has a way tighter widow on her neutralize then I was expecting so the way I’m envisioning playing her, to make the most of her neutralize, rupture and damage, is to be super aggressive where you not only heavy intercept the opponents heavys and specials, but basic attacks as well. Intercepting the opponents basic attack with heavys is how you really build up Hela for example. This playstyle combined with her unblockable specials along with the sp3 and 2 rotation you suggested I think would make her one of the funnest champions to play yet. Another good cycle might be getting into a rotation where you spam sp1s mainly driving by her sp1 powergain.

https://youtu.be/pXkRQ8TfOmg

Here’s a short video example of Hela I found that uses heavy intercepts against basic attacks. It also shows a good way to practice heavy intercepts safely by building up to a special first then launching it as a safety net if you release your heavy attack too early.
  • Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    if you have 5* doom, mojo, longshot,symbiote supreme, Ghost rider , voodoo, claire voyant, manthing magic or morningstar you have no use for her and if you just one of 6* from above you have no use for her. so is she worth spending resources on , upto u
  • Options
    After slower start she can make some nice damage on Winter Soldier
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,160 ★★★★★
    Seems too complicated to be worth the build up and too much potential to slip and take damage in trying to (much like Hela) - just playing around with the 3* showed that though fun she doesn't seem worth the effort. She brings nothing new to the game that is game-changing or can't be done by better champs (apart from the miss mechanic as there is no time limit to it).

I think she will become a very good defender as said before on unblockable sp2, stun immune and power gain nodes.
  • Options
    After some practising with intercepting heavy and specials the damage output seems to be much better. WS was down in 103 Hits.
  • Options
    Bugmat78 said:

Seems too complicated to be worth the build up and too much potential to slip and take damage in trying to (much like Hela) - just playing around with the 3* showed that though fun she doesn't seem worth the effort. She brings nothing new to the game that is game-changing or can't be done by better champs (apart from the miss mechanic as there is no time limit to it).

I think she will become a very good defender as said before on unblockable sp2, stun immune and power gain nodes.

It’s not that bad. That was was one of my early tries with her on WS, but it’s not that difficult to get used to her play style. Check the other video that is posted above. It’s a big difference