**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is the game a game of patience or is it more and more boring and repetitive?

Freefighter1Freefighter1 Posts: 25
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
Despite the efforts of game team to make it more fun and less repetitive and evidently to make more money out of it...dont you think the game is more and more repetitive and pay to pass type of game? Are you still enjoying playing? Are those 4* arenas still relevant (specially with those milestones and uselss rewards)? Let me known your thoughts!

Comments

• Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    That's funny. I literally was just having this discussion with others. Aq has always been boring/repetitive. But there was a purpose: get resources to rank up better attackers/defenders for war.

Same with arena. There was a purpose. Get units for potions and better champs for war.

Kabam has sucked the fun out of the game with this new war format by basically turning war into aq 2.0 on attack (slightly harder than map 5 but easier than map 6) and a game of Pokémon go meets where's Waldo on defense.
  • Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    when you're new it is patience but being a 3 year player..... It's becoming extremely unbalanced. Yes I know it is a business but the scales have tipped way to far in their favor.

it is time to increase summoner levels, increase stash storage and increase energy limits
  • Options
    when you're new it is patience but being a 3 year player..... It's becoming extremely unbalanced. Yes I know it is a business but the scales have tipped way to far in their favor.

it is time to increase summoner levels, increase stash storage and increase energy limits

And t4 cc real daily quest like t4b

• Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    Sadly, I'm seeing more and more evidence pointing to the latter. A majority of our ally members including myself have alternate accts that we played in a "preschool" alliance we made to build and also for ICE if a few happen to leave or are unavailable. More and more I see less activity with the advent of a new glitch or bug, consistency of familiar old bugs, and inconsistencies and seemingly biased actions/non-actions and by administration within the forum. Cant remember the last time I missed a login reward.....never have actually, until recently. Havent logged on for about 4 or 5 days I believe guess Im not getting the 3* whoever it is or the uncollected crystal. Oh well.....
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    New quest every month. I like those. New champs every two weeks. I like those. Still trying to get through 5.2. Not boring there. Still trying RoL and RttL so I'm good there. Still working on strengthening my roster and I feel it isn't a grind to do so, so I'm good there too.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I'm out of patience. Finished 5.3 only to get my second mutant 5* gem. Have unduped magik and sl but my awakening gems are 1 science and 2 mutants
  • Options
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    New quest every month. I like those. New champs every two weeks. I like those. Still trying to get through 5.2. Not boring there. Still trying RoL and RttL so I'm good there. Still working on strengthening my roster and I feel it isn't a grind to do so, so I'm good there too.

Do you know how much units you need to do all what you are trying to acheive? You should be grinding arenas day and night instead of having the time to post.
  • Options
    WARICK99WARICK99 Posts: 44
    It's definitely getting boring and repetitive. Normally I'd be half way through 5.3 for 100% exploration, but I just find I don't care that much. Ran through it for completion then kind of had a why bother moment that has stuck with me. The rewards are just never quite that exciting nowadays and AW is a farce. There is literally no enjoyment whatsoever for me in AW now, where it used to be exciting. Now you place horrible defensive champs and hope your diversity was better than your opponents for the win. Like some kind of demented SJW version of AW. Kabam seems intent on allowing their players to lose interest. It's unfortunate because up to this point I really enjoyed this game.
  • Options
    HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    It is repetitive. Build a roster of 2/3 stars to get 4*s, then do it again to get 5*s and again for the 6*s. There is no new content there, just rinse and repeat. So between the 6*s being added and the new horrible war set up (and I was excited when I first heard about the change); I've quit playing. Just poking in here to watch everyone blow up about the stupid war scoring now.
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    It's a game of patience nothing will come fast or easy but something to remember when ur playing the same game for 2 years eventually u will get tired of the grind so take a break from it every once and a while and comeback as for 4 stars yes they are relevant most content atm is doable with 4 stars and unless u are at the point where u only do end game content gonna use them up till we see just how much6 stars truly affect things
  • Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★

Do you know how much units you need to do all what you are trying to acheive? You should be grinding arenas day and night instead of having the time to post.

Ummm zero? Only time I spent units was for energy refills when I did Act 4 100%.
  • Options
    Sirnoob wrote: »
    It's a game of patience nothing will come fast or easy but something to remember when ur playing the same game for 2 years eventually u will get tired of the grind so take a break from it every once and a while and comeback as for 4 stars yes they are relevant most content atm is doable with 4 stars and unless u are at the point where u only do end game content gonna use them up till we see just how much6 stars truly affect things

Question, is there anything new to building and ranking up a 5* roster from building and ranking a 4* roster? It takes longer, so that is new. The materials needed to do it aren't all available yet, so I guess that is new. But neither of those seem like new and exciting things to add to gameplay. Sure they are stronger than the lower stars, but the opponents are stronger too, so no net gain.
  • Options

Question, is there anything new to building and ranking up a 5* roster from building and ranking a 4* roster? It takes longer, so that is new. The materials needed to do it aren't all available yet, so I guess that is new. But neither of those seem like new and exciting things to add to gameplay. Sure they are stronger than the lower stars, but the opponents are stronger too, so no net gain.

For building up a 5 star roster is really more of a sign of maturity in game to me (at least till 6 stars start appearing in content) not really needed but always nice to see
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    I don't know if there is an aspect of the game I truly enjoy anymore. I mean I guess I enjoyed my completiokn run in 5.3 but have no motivation to explore. Aq to me is a chore. I used to really enjoy war but this update is an utter and complete failure that I have no desire to play
  • Options
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    I don't know if there is an aspect of the game I truly enjoy anymore. I mean I guess I enjoyed my completiokn run in 5.3 but have no motivation to explore. Aq to me is a chore. I used to really enjoy war but this update is an utter and complete failure that I have no desire to play

Totally agree

• Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★

Ummm zero? Only time I spent units was for energy refills when I did Act 4 100%.

I take it you haven't beaten 5.2.6 100% yet. I also take it that you weren't around for the Chloe challenge and the Ming na challenge? obviously u haven't beaten LOL or rttl yet--how much of chapter 4 of rttl have you cleared (I didn't use any units on rttl but I also beat it pre-witch nerf).

If you are basing this off the webslinger challenge and the Bautista challenge, then yeah, u probably didn't need units for those if you had the right champs.
  • Options

For building up a 5 star roster is really more of a sign of maturity in game to me (at least till 6 stars start appearing in content) not really needed but always nice to see

Who cares about that. It's a game not a status symbol. How about they add fun stuff instead of the same stuff over and over? Arenas are tedious. Monthly quests are repetitive. Daily quests are insanely repetitive. Wars are now just dumb. Alliance Quests are repetitive. Everything else are single use items. At least with an end game point you have something to try to achieve, but with the addition of 6*s they showed they will just keep moving the end game so nobody can get there, so what's the point? So you can show off all your powerful 5*s? To who? I couldn't name a single person in my life who would care how about the PI of my 5* Hawkeye.

If it is fun for you to do the same stuff over and over in a buggy game that they can't or won't fix, very glad for you, really am and I hope you enjoy it. For me though, the tedium in hopes of something fun has gotten me to my bored point.
  • Options

It took me a year and half to biild a 4* roster so be reslistic its not utopia here!
  • Options

Who cares about that. It's a game not a status symbol. How about they add fun stuff instead of the same stuff over and over? Arenas are tedious. Monthly quests are repetitive. Daily quests are insanely repetitive. Wars are now just dumb. Alliance Quests are repetitive. Everything else are single use items. At least with an end game point you have something to try to achieve, but with the addition of 6*s they showed they will just keep moving the end game so nobody can get there, so what's the point? So you can show off all your powerful 5*s? To who? I couldn't name a single person in my life who would care how about the PI of my 5* Hawkeye.

If it is fun for you to do the same stuff over and over in a buggy game that they can't or won't fix, very glad for you, really am and I hope you enjoy it. For me though, the tedium in hopes of something fun has gotten me to my bored point.

For me I love challenges being able to start from scratch on a new game and work my way up its what makes games fun to me. normally I max out on games or even hit the point where things get so incredibly easy that there just booring. mcoc is one of the few mmos I have played that has managed to truly keep me interested enough to wanna play it for more then a few months. but like with other mmos things always tend to get repetitive so I go do other things take breaks from it join a new ally help them build to see how new guys view the meta when I say a sign of maturity its a personal thing as someone who likes a good challenge it feels great when I can be able to beat something that has proven to be difficult to me and that's all 6 stars are something else for me to want to build up for

never said the game was a utopia or perfect yeah there are problems but no game will ever be perfect
    bugs matter little to none for me I refuse to buy potions and I've played games which had way more annoying bugs then this(personal view) so when it comes to this I look at it casually if a game gets me annoyed to the point where I no longer enjoy it I simply stop playing and move on then comeback in a few months
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    Always something to do.