**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Fix Vision Already.

Like seriously, this has gone on long enough has it not? We paid good money for this champ (who at the time was MADE to be the top prestige in the game) so if ANY champ needs to be fixed it is him.

juprtui3zodv.png

Comments

• Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    When is this going to be fixed? Last I saw, it was a known issue, but no date or timetable for the fix.
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Last post about this was closed in a hurry with a link to past bug fixes...sort of insulting actually.
  • Options
    BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    Pretty much. I was trying to post a 5sec video but it won’t Let me select it.
  • Options
    YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    Wow the pic looks cool
  • Options
    BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    iOS beta FTW
  • Options
    chaos3430chaos3430 Posts: 126
    I have had issues with AOU Vision, where his SP2 does very little and no power drain at all, and no it wasn't on a Magneto. Just randomly in Arenas.
  • Options
    WackedoWackedo Posts: 9
    edited September 2017
    zo5a2aq43xji.jpg

Opponents on node buffs that have heightened chances to reduce your abilities can certainly turn your damage in to nil or near 0.

In conjunction with certain opponent buffs taking less power loss and being extremely strong, I wouldn't be shocked that this was something the QA team (if they even exists), (or the actual game testers under NDA that we all play with) overlooked as a bug when combining certain buffs on certain nodes rather than being a bug with either of the Visions.

Where in the game are you seeing this occur?
  • Options
    In addition to my last post and in regard to clarity with his bio and specs: Being that the damage dealt is 100% proportionate to the power burned, and you may have the opponent power locked at zero power, he should definitely only be dealing -zero- damage with any of his specials on any given node when you're burning zero power.

In summary: zero power burn == zero damage.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    One last comment in conjunction with the two prior.

Manage power. Only use sp2 when they're near their sp3 (or preferably at sp3 before your combo ends and you chain with your sp2). Use an sp3 yourself while getting them near sp3 since you will synthesize power quicker. Or spam sp2 once or twice while building their power near sp3. There's multiple ways to get more damage dealt without champ modifications.
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    It was always possible to power burn even if the opponent had no power to burn, because for whatever reason the initial attack causes the opponent to gain power, but the ability of the special takes that into account when reducing the power and inflicting damage proportionate to the power burned (in Visions case). So if they are close to 3 bars of power, an S2 from Vision would reduce 3 full bars of power. That's how it always was, or was for the longest time.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    After seeing a video from Brandon, it seems there is a bug when power is being burned to zero and zero damage is also being dealt. As a programmer myself, the most likely reason for this, when he used his sp2, that should put the range of numbers of 0-100 through the PRNG. It seems the developers forgot to carry the result from that PRNG output in to the variable used to calculate the damage afterward and are simply using 0. Have them double check the ranges for the specials and make sure they're carrying over PRNG results from the power burn method to the damage dealt method.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    As for the part in the description that says "burns up to" that is not a new issue for this game. Descriptions for the longest time have been unclear for some champs. The way I read Visions description is if the opponent has 3 bars of power, that 39%, 100% and 33% is taken from max power or 3 bars of power.

It should read, burn 39%, 100%, 33% of the targets overall power after the initial hit. Meaning the target will gain power and the special ability will take into effect afterwards.
  • Options
    If Vision was bugged before, when every time Vision would use his 2nd special it was not always supposed to take 100% power, then Kabam knew and never told us. So that can't be the case cause then people would be extremely annoyed and angry cause OG Vision costs real money to get.
  • Options
    HAVOCHAVOC Posts: 74
    What the OP is trying to point out but picture does not show is that when using OG Vision's SP2 it DID power burn 100% but dealt Zero damage!

It is supposed to deal damage proportionate to Enemy power removed

https://youtu.be/OD71MdjCZnY

OD71MdjCZnY
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    This has been reported in all the power burning/stealing champs last few weeks and was supposed to be being fixed, even cases of it adding power to the opponent when power steal pops up, happened numerous times to me with Aou vision, l1 and l2 doing zero damage and sometimes not taking any power when hitting, very common for the zero damage, happening with voodoo, magik, and hawkeye as well
  • Options
    They said it's on track for 15.1
  • Options
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    They said it's on track for 15.1

Haven't seen that and I'm on here quite a bit. I could of missed it and ask if you can share the link
  • Options
  • Options
    EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    The worst is when you use Special 2, and not only does it sometimes not do any damage, but it can also not power burn either.

I fought a Magik where this happened, so not only did she not lose power, but because power burn abilities give power first for some reason (except for Magik...of course...), she just kept building her power meter, making her gain Limbo.

It's unacceptable that this got through when the company directly told players to deal with power gains by using power controllers. Both Visions, one a paid for character, are cripple for over a month with no compensation and no use in modes they are almost required for.
  • Options
    Ebbtide wrote: »
    The worst is when you use Special 2, and not only does it sometimes not do any damage, but it can also not power burn either.

I fought a Magik where this happened, so not only did she not lose power, but because power burn abilities give power first for some reason (except for Magik...of course...), she just kept building her power meter, making her gain Limbo.

It's unacceptable that this got through when the company directly told players to deal with power gains by using power controllers. Both Visions, one a paid for character, are cripple for over a month with no compensation and no use in modes they are almost required for.

That's not the worst thing, the worst thing is that some people use a power burn special and power burn themselves eating the damage too.
  • Options
    @DaMunk oddly enough I seem to be the only one going around tellinh people it's on track for 15.1. Seems no one who cares to comment saw it.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/21616/vision#latest

Here's a thread from today that was closed and redirected to a response that was posted 1 week ago.
  • Options
    Thanks Jon definitely hope it's fixed then or people will be rightfully pissed
  • Options
    No problemo, so if the game continues on this road for another 3 months. What do you think we'll get for Christmas?
  • Options
    Lol...
  • Options
    Kabam Wolf said "it looks like" it is on track for 15.1. I don't see that as a binary answer, almost two weeks ago. We will have to wait and see. What's terrible is people going from A to B on really hard content, saving vision for say, the collector. Only to have possibly wasted units or items getting there for your champ(s) to not work as intended or even getting what you paid for in this champs case. How do scenarios like this get compensated for? They normally don't. We as players just "deal" with it. I'm not spending until a laundry list of bugs get remedied, and the list didn't start with this one. Consumer choice. Positive side is the game is nearly glitch free when it's in our favor but hasn't been bug free in our favor since almost its conception. I haven't really spent since last year and the way I see it, that will continue for quite some time. :) This isn't a comment on not spending though. More about consumer choice.