**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are featured 5 star crystals worth the extra 5k shards?

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
I just became cavalier, yay! I currently have about 30 5 stars and I currently have 30k 5* shards and 10k 6* shards. However, since I took a break from MCOC between 2018 and 2020, I don’t have a lot of the current meta champs (barring Cap IW). My top champs are Blade, Medusa, Cap IW, Colossus, and Havok. So in my situation, would it be smarter to not waste the extra 5k shards and open basics to expand my roster (I’m talking about the upcoming featured btw).

Are featured 5 star crystals worth the extra 5k shards? 49 votes

Yes
18%
GroundedWisdomCristalmansolopoloBryngelson19MaxGamingKalantakGiodood_1Anttheonly2Eggs3_0 9 votes
No
81%
winterthurHort4ÆrroneousMityAntMohit_7CliffordcanM1k0rinGmonkeySw0rdMasterMenkentReferenceshashankchromeLmaoThatOneMasterGamerAnthinhoRazer_Boltz619SbkruebRodomontade_BoiGiulioV99OGAvenger 40 votes

Comments

• Giodood_1Giodood_1 Posts: 388 ★★★
    Yes
    the next one probably
  • ÆrroneousÆrroneous Posts: 85
    edited June 2020
    No
    If you’re willing to spend money and buy the Sigil then you can purchase a featured 5* crystals from the Blackmarket for 11k shards (at Cavalier) every other week.
    But for 15k shards, I personally wouldn’t. Especially this current batch. Anyone know who’s going to be in the next batch?
  • No
    It honestly depends on your roster and or if you are going for a specific champ. If out of that those 30 5*s you have a good amount of champs that can help you progress then go for it, but if not then basic is the safe bet. Or if there is a specific champ you are going for, then that's when I'd say go for it.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

If you want one buy the sigil 11000 shards for the featured and you get the 1000 shards weekly from sigil. Note that 5 stars are becoming more irrelevant depending where you are at in the game

I’ve just become Cavalier so they’re in no way irrelevant to me

If you’re willing to spend money and buy the Sigil then you can purchase a featured 5* crystals from the Blackmarket for 11k shards (at Cavalier) every other week.
    But for 15k shards, I personally wouldn’t. Especially this current batch. Anyone know who’s going to be in the next batch?

I’m probably gonna hold off till the next featured batch just to see. And also I don’t have the sigil so unfortunately I can’t get it for 11k.

It honestly depends on your roster and or if you are going for a specific champ. If out of that those 30 5*s you have a good amount of champs that can help you progress then go for it, but if not then basic is the safe bet. Or if there is a specific champ you are going for, then that's when I'd say go for it.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll wait for the next batch to make a decision then.
  • No

Thanks for the advice. I’ll wait for the next batch to make a decision then.
    I'm personally going for the next batch. I saved up enough for 10 featured pulls and im going for the shiny new storm
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    It depends on your roster.
  • NerdNerdNerd1NerdNerdNerd1 Posts: 379 ★★★
    the next batch will most likely be worth it with sorcerer supreme and red guardian, this current batch is a bit trash though