**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

War changes are too much

Kabam please stop trying so hard to overcomplicate things. Adding new and exciting nodes is a good thing but these aren't exciting. All that was done is to force people to do this to remove protection, do that etc. That doesn't involve skill in your attack team that's just showcasing one's talent with intercepting, knocking down, using the correct level of hit. Where is the fun in that? It feels like the game is being led down a path of forced techniques to ruin the use of certain champs as attackers. Anyway bottom line is look at the rewards for a war win. Spending 500 units for not even a tenth of a regular 5 star crystal is not balanced at all. Anywho I think I'm done both with the game and this rant.

Comments

• Alex_mk2Alex_mk2 Posts: 47
    No offense but spending 500 units on only one tier 7 war tells me a lot about you.Even though the fight timer was increased from 3 to 5 minutes you seem to still time-our which makes me believe that you’re using rather incompatible champions.In addition you seem to believe that skill and talent are two completely different things while in my judgement they’re the same. Granted it is correct that the new nodes do require much more forced play styles albeit it shouldn’t be too much of an issue as a competent player would not have much difficulty in taking down most of the nodes.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    Alex_mk2 said:

Even though the fight timer was increased from 3 to 5 minutes you seem to still time-our which makes me believe that you’re using rather incompatible champions.

Timers were only increased for top 5 tiers, I believe. T7 still has 3min timers.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 826 ★★★★
    Alex_mk2 said:

No offense but spending 500 units on only one tier 7 war tells me a lot about you.Even though the fight timer was increased from 3 to 5 minutes you seem to still time-our which makes me believe that you’re using rather incompatible champions.In addition you seem to believe that skill and talent are two completely different things while in my judgement they’re the same. Granted it is correct that the new nodes do require much more forced play styles albeit it shouldn’t be too much of an issue as a competent player would not have much difficulty in taking down most of the nodes.

Skill and talent are no way the same. You can be skilled at many things but to be great at any one thing you have to have talent.
  • Alex_mk2Alex_mk2 Posts: 47

Alex_mk2 said:

Skill and talent are no way the same. You can be skilled at many things but to be great at any one thing you have to have talent.
    “I believe that many people would disagree with your interpretation of talent.You claim that in order to be great at a certain attribute you would require talent however that would be seen as very ignorant since it completely underwhelms certain individuals who worked hard to become great at something.Not only that it is quite a degrading view as it can be interpreted that people born with a natural affinity to a certain ability is far superior to ’ordinary’ people who attain great knowledge through practice and dedication.
  • WhoDeyfanWhoDeyfan Posts: 45
    @Alex_mk2 this quote tells me a lot about you:

"No offense but spending 500 units on only one tier 7 war tells me a lot about you."

Anyway I may not be as talented or skilled as you but I play the game for entertainment not to pat myself on the back. I dont do it to please others and when there are issues like the nodes that have been added in this new war board I speak up to hopefully get things changed. While I take your insight as criticism and thank you for your opinion it wasn't necessary. I was just letting kabam know of my displeasure in yet another change that didnt meet the intended goal. Thanks though.
  • WhoDeyfanWhoDeyfan Posts: 45
    @DoubleDelta

So what do you do if you dont have those attackers that you mentioned for high burst damage? I dont have any of those three higher than a 4 star. Also I wasn't referring to myself. Yes I can intercept just fine but the vast majority of players that I've seen struggle with it. I like your suggestions for improving the nodes. The only thing is people just automatically assume that everyone has these great champs. When you dont you put out the best option that you have available. Kabam doesn't care if we have them or not. It's like Sinister in Act 6.2 which I've been stuck on for months now. No Heimdall, have Warlock but no synergy option for him, have Hyperion at r4 but dont want to spend money because it requires specific champs that not everyone has. These things need fixed. That's all I am asking. Make it better and if they change things and see that people aren't happy change it back or start over. Not everything is going to be a success but as long as you pivot away from changes that aren't a success you'll make things better overall.
  • PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 ★★

To be fair, you should have some degree of intercept skill if you're in a high enough tier - and you took that path knowing you had to intercept. Its only 1 path with 2 nodes for intercept, easiest way to overcome it I've found is have a burst damage champ like corvus, cmm, ghost - build up to your special (cmm charges and special) - intercept once, this removed protection, launch special and theyre basically dead. You should be able to pull this off at least twice even with limited intercept abilities

Does Ghost work on ebb & flow intercept? I was under the impression she wouldn’t due to the precision passive you get for intercepting, can you confirm?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,160 ★★★★★
    Pizzabeat said:

To be fair, you should have some degree of intercept skill if you're in a high enough tier - and you took that path knowing you had to intercept. Its only 1 path with 2 nodes for intercept, easiest way to overcome it I've found is have a burst damage champ like corvus, cmm, ghost - build up to your special (cmm charges and special) - intercept once, this removed protection, launch special and theyre basically dead. You should be able to pull this off at least twice even with limited intercept abilities

Does Ghost work on ebb & flow intercept? I was under the impression she wouldn’t due to the precision passive you get for intercepting, can you confirm?
    I’m sure u can’t phess with ghost after So she not that’s great for it
  • Sugoi_DubaiSugoi_Dubai Posts: 107 ★★
    The map is just too hard, don’t forget defense officers will place hardest defenders on those nodes. I am in a top 5 AW alliance.
  • Hey there, if you have any feedback about specific node combinations you found difficult, you can share that information in this thread.
This discussion has been closed.