**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Device Support [Merged Threads]

DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
edited June 2020 in General Discussion

Maybe your device is no longer supported.
You can check the list of x86 CPUs below:
https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86
Post edited by Kabam Vydious on

Comments

• mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★
    I've updated all of my Android devices to V27.2.0 as of it becoming available today.

My Android tablet, running Android 6.0.1 with an Atom x5 processor immediately fails to log in. When I downloaded it from the Google Play Store there was a notification stating "This app may not be optimized for your device."

In my effort to research this prior to posting, I came across this link:

http://kabam.force.com/PKB/articles/en_US/FAQ/Unsupported-Devices

Among other information, it states the following"

Upcoming Changes
    As of June 29, we will be ending support for devices running operating systems below iOS 10 or Android 6.0, or devices that use X86 CPUs. As The Contest continues to develop it ultimately outgrows the limitations of older operating systems. You will be able to continue to play the game until June 29, but you may experience performance issues that we will no longer be working to resolve. On June 29, all support for these devices will end, and they will no longer be able to download or play the game.

When I read that, I interpret "below Android 6.0..." to imply that anything up to Android 5.x.x would no longer be supported. Android 6.x.x is just that, and therefore is not BELOW Android 6.0.

Is what I'm experiencing expected? Should the information at that link have stated discontinuing support for anything below Android 7.0, or is this a genuine bug?

Hoping someone from Kabam can respond to this with facts rather than too much opinion?

Thanks in advance,
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    If your device wasn't supported anymore, you shouldn't be able to see the app on the play store, as wellas not be able to download it.
    @will-o-wisp I would be inclined to agree with that as well. I guess I posted it here, rather than the bugs section, cause it's right on the hairy edge of a planned discontinuation, so I don't know if this is actually a bug that should be in that section, or expected, but poorly worded in the link I posted.
  • dicdatordicdator Posts: 27
    I cannot enter the game after the new update. Why ? Anyone got the same error?
    I get a "unable to login" alert
    Not: Sorry my English
    @dicdator I'm having the same issue with my tablet on Android 6.0.1.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/206043/android-support-question#latest

No response from anyone at Kabam yet.

What operating system do you have?
    mgj0630 said:

@dicdator I'm having the same issue with my tablet on Android 6.0.1.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/206043/android-support-question#latest

No response from anyone at Kabam yet.

What operating system do you have?

Android
    What version though?
    Android 6.0.1.
    Okay. Same boat I'm in. Hopefully someone from Kabam will chime in with an official answer to some of the numerous threads popping up already.
    Sorry , my Android version is 7.1.1. I just saw
    mgj0630 said:

Okay. Same boat I'm in. Hopefully someone from Kabam will chime in with an official answer to some of the numerous threads popping up already.

hopefully there is a solution
    Well that's strange. I would definitely expect that to work based on what information Kabam has provided.

Guess that actually gives me Hope that this is a legitimate bug we're experiencing that may be resolved as opposed to their planned discontinuation of support.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit

I'm sorry to tag you guys, but several posts are popping up related to this. It would be good to get an official answer as to whether this is a bug that will be resolved, or an expected discontinuation of support that was poorly worded (i.e. "Below Android 6.0" should have said "At or below Android 6.0"

Thank you,
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    I'd be looking for a new device if u want to continue to play the game. That link states they won't support android 6.0 which your device runs a version of 6.0. Even if u can still play past the end of June it won't be long before it won't be able to handle the game. I'm sure you already have problems running it with some of the champs already released. Good luck looking for a new device!
    I guess that's my issue @Neotwism The link doesn't say they won't support Android 6.0 beginning June 29th. It says "As of June 29, we will be ending support for devices running operating systems below iOS 10 or Android 6.0, or devices that use X86 CPUs."

If it said ..."at or below Android 6.0 I wouldn't even be asking the question.

Their own wording leads me to believe Android 6.0 should still work, so I'm just looking for clarification.

I'm not hurting cause I can still play on both of my phones, I just prefer to play on my tablet cause it's a bit more ergonomically friendly to me.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,278 ★★★★★
    The Atom x5 is an X86 processor.
    Ahhhh! I did not know that @BigPoppaCBONE.

Guess that addresses my issue at least. Thanks for that!
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,278 ★★★★★
    No problem
  • Ultimator749Ultimator749 Posts: 13
    for the past few hours this is the screen ive been getting

this started after i uninstalled then reinstalled game for update
    i dont know what happened
  • JozielPNJozielPN Posts: 95
    Yes! Same here with me. Very frustrating.
  • JozielPNJozielPN Posts: 95
    dicdator said:

I cannot enter the game after the new update. Why ? Anyone got the same error?
    I get a "unable to login" alert
    Not: Sorry my English

Yep! Same problem here. It happened after I tried to log in on another device where I just downloaded and installed the game for the first time.
  • visstilvisstil Posts: 19
    I have been having the same problem since I updated my game. Anyone got any word on this?
    I'm still having the same problem. How many hours has it been? When will it recover?
    @Kabam Miike
  • DERADERA Posts: 14
    edited June 2020
    Damn. Very disaapointed. So. If we has android 6.0 the game is lag free? 😠
  • Johnny_BLAZE19Johnny_BLAZE19 Posts: 11
    but I'm still ABLE to download the game
  • Happening to me as well. Asus Zenfone 2, tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Able to access on another of my devices.
    @mgj0630 Is your problem solved? Because mine is not resolved.
    @dicdator I wouldn't say it's resolved, but it now makes sense to me. I was completely wrapped up around the Android version, and thought nothing of the CPU version they're also discontinuing support of.

CPUs aren't in my wheelhouse, but as @BigPoppaCBONE pointed out above, my tablet has an x86 based processor, so I can't be surprised, or complain. They gave plenty of notice in this case, I simply overlooked one aspect of what they notified us of.

There's another thread where someone posted a wiki link that breaks down a bunch of different x86 based processors. It may be worth checking that one out, cause it could be your issue as well.
    @mgj0630 I understood thank you. However, I think this problem should be solved. There are a lot of people having the same problem. It should not be ignored.
  • Ultimator749Ultimator749 Posts: 13
    I don't have any other devices :'(
    It's still not working
This discussion has been closed.