**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Remove 3 star champs from Cavalier crystal?

2»

Comments

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Well since we cant even use 4 stars in Act 6, why are there 3 stars, should be just 4, 5 and 6 stars
  • WarwulfWarwulf Posts: 20
    Yes
    For the record of this discussion I’m just going to post this for record and reference:

• Lobo_LocoQ8Q8Lobo_LocoQ8Q8 Posts: 35
    Yes
    3 stars are mostly irrelevant in this game past act 3 and useless for cavalier so should be removed from cavalier crystal.

Better to replace the 3 star for a resource.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Yes
    That moment you realize that ultimate hero crystals (which are available to anyone no matter your progression from time to time) are basically Grandmaster crystals without the 3*s. So basically a crystal low level players can get doesn't have anything below a 4* in it but Cavs do. #Balance
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    No
    No because then it's just a upgraded legendary crystal and then 4*s would start getting the hate
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    It is just crazy and cruel to dump 3 stars on a cavalier...
    Yes
    "UmbertoDelRio Said - To me personally that is irrelevant. Neither do I play this game competitively, especially the roster building aspect, nor could I not afford it. 50-100$ a month is an absolute joke by the way, I don't know why you even brought that up.

@UmbertoDelRio - Just because someone decided to cough up a load of cash for a specific champion still doesn't make them the best just means they were looking forward to the champ whether it's a 4* or 5*. A Summoner may have spent tons of cash on there profile and still doesn't make them the best fighters and I've seen a few of them.

I was all for F2P at first but now it seems to be a competition when you join an Alliance. Like you said you don't play as much so of course you have less concern of the outcome.

To think that this game would still be around if it would have been still F2P or people were not throwing money at the developers and Kabam your kidding yourself. It's the sole reason it's still around for the last 5 years. Granted the first 3 years were was not bad and a bit rough; but new mobile games are catching up to them in quality if they still want to be relevant in future they will have to change it's content for players to keep wanting to playing.

1*,2* and 3* are useless in game for higher level summoners unless it's special events like in May or for lower summoners starting out but even they are being gifted 4* & 5*.

4* are now the 3* of the game where if your in an Alliance and compete on a weekly basis 5* and 6* are what's needed. Not to mention ranking and lvling those champs takes allot gold/isos; so even playing without a team and are soloing content there is no way you'll be able to achieve in moving forward in getting the material's you need for your champs.

"UmbertoDelRio Said - Currently the worst possible outcome from a cav for a stacked endgame roster is 110 4* shards. Without 3* champs the worst possible outcome for that roster would be 550 5* shards."

Again why would I care about 3* during special events & AWs you get ton of 3* & 4* shards I had 10k in 4* shards and converted or sold them for 5* shards no point in opening them and getting more 4*s if they won't help in competition or help in in-game content.

"UmbertoDelRio Said - Stop being so selfish and use that head of yours to think once in a while.
    This is a terrible idea. Get good at the game instead of throwing your lunch money at it."

First off I'm playing in an Alliance the team comes first everything I do is for them I've even given items and crystals when the game gave us that ability in the beginning with a gifting feature they have removed it. During that time new players that would join I helped them get stronger and spent close to $500 on them. Some left some stayed and some now have gotten even stronger than myself.

If it wasn't for some of these people that threw as you said lunch money you still would not be playing as you refer to it a f2p game. A company needs resources it;s not a church where there accepting handouts. But like a business that is selling items to stay alive then I need to be sold what is best for me.

Your point of view is selfish because you don't play the game as much as others so your opinion is irrelevant.
  • FightingHornetFightingHornet Posts: 51
    Yes
    3* must be removed from the cavalier crystal, i don't care if it is 85% of those crystal chance is to get 4*.
    I play lots of arena and incursion, plus i paid for sigil every month, still i find it really hard to get some gold, always short of gold and this game doesn't giving us a way to getting gold (except maybe spend more money and money, which it is ok if the offer is let's say $50 for 50mill gold :)) ). If they could remove 3* from the cavalier crystal and we can get lots of 4* that means gold.
    When you're a cavalier, what is the use of 3*? (beside Variant 4, there is no use at all) It is outdated.
    so i vote YES.

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    No

3* must be removed from the cavalier crystal, i don't care if it is 85% of those crystal chance is to get 4*.
    I play lots of arena and incursion, plus i paid for sigil every month, still i find it really hard to get some gold, always short of gold and this game doesn't giving us a way to getting gold (except maybe spend more money and money, which it is ok if the offer is let's say $50 for 50mill gold :)) ). If they could remove 3* from the cavalier crystal and we can get lots of 4* that means gold.
    When you're a cavalier, what is the use of 3*? (beside Variant 4, there is no use at all) It is outdated.
    so i vote YES.

Like others said before me, they're there for balance. Unlike the grandmaster and PHCs, the top prize is way more valuable compared to the others in the respective content.

For example a 4* in Act 4, (where you have better access to PHCs) is less valuable to a player than a 5* in Act 5, which is in turn, less valuable than a 6* in Act 6.

There is no playable use for 3*s, but they are put in there to maintain the balance in numbers.

A guaranteed 4* crystal costs more than 200/300 units. If we were to have only 4*s and above in the CCs, the CCs would have to cost even more. If CCs were to cost, even more, the game would shift over to the p2w area since f2p players wouldn't be able to afford those crystals.

We need those 3*s to keep the CCs affordable for the f2p players. Removing them would just deepen the divide between p2p and f2p.
    Yes
    @UmbertoDelRio - Oh now your saying you play this game extremely actively!

What does the fact that you don't spend any funds in this game have anything to do with your point of view of what you want in this game?

Also I said I spent money on other people and did not mention how much I spent on myself which I won't even disclose that information to you.

To note every crystal we open is a gamble:

"And if this game was also meant for kids why charge so much for hero crystals? And every time you open a champion crystal it’s a gamble you even get something good; gamble as in gambling.
    If this is what Kabam has it set up then this is definitely not a game for kids."

Thanks for proving my point and using my words.

But in gambling sometimes we win and lose but Kabam can attempt to award people with better champs instead of 3* which is why forum has been established.

It doesn't matter if we don't get the star champ in crystal but at least a better attempt to get 4* or 5* champ from 50/50 or 40/50 is better than 80% to 45% on a 3*. After paying $50 to $100 bucks on a bundle that has 5 crystals is ****.

So if your no spending or care what people do with there funds what is your investment in this conversation but only care what happens to 3*?

You get 3* on premium hero crystals everyday lets just not add them to high priced value items they are not needed there.
    Yes
    Here we go
    Yes