**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

now that we know diversity points stay... should we have rank down tickets?

Comments

• Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Good grief. Another thread. Just stop
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    yes
    Meant to vote No. Small phone, big thumbs.
    RDTs are not for changes to content. No matter who you Ranked, they still perform the same. The Champs haven't changed at all.

Wrong.

Actually, that is correct. Ant Man still performs like Ant Man did with or without a Thorns Node.
    DoctorJ wrote: »
    It amazes me the folk who say the changes to aw don't warrant rank downs. The content changed. Champions were ranked on their abilities to perform in this mode. This is an indirect nerf to those champions usefulness. To suggest alliances who have multiple ranked r4 5* juggs should suffer is petty. No one is ranking juggs or antman up aside for use in AW. That's a huge investment that's now gone to waste. We are now forced in higher tiers to place non-traditional defenders such as falcon, bw or gamora to gain diversity points. These points can cost a war.

We don't need many rdt. Even some champion specifics would be fine for champs like juggs, antman, cwbp, etc. If kabam ever discovers the definition of being generous they could offer us 2 generic 5* rank downs and 2 generic 4* rank downs. Make the choices be made carefully this way.

Not that Kascam cares. They're to busy cooking up $100 basic 5* deals cause 5* are more available now ya know.

Waiting for the usual apologists to attack this. Just know I'm going to be laughing at whatever **** excuse for the kabastards you post.

Lmao. How convenient--two 5* generic. How many 5* r4 champs you got and who are they? Winter soldier and iron man?
    danielmath wrote: »
    It amazes me the folk who say the changes to aw don't warrant rank downs. The content changed. Champions were ranked on their abilities to perform in this mode. This is an indirect nerf to those champions usefulness. To suggest alliances who have multiple ranked r4 5* juggs should suffer is petty. No one is ranking juggs or antman up aside for use in AW. That's a huge investment that's now gone to waste. We are now forced in higher tiers to place non-traditional defenders such as falcon, bw or gamora to gain diversity points. These points can cost a war.

We don't need many rdt. Even some champion specifics would be fine for champs like juggs, antman, cwbp, etc. If kabam ever discovers the definition of being generous they could offer us 2 generic 5* rank downs and 2 generic 4* rank downs. Make the choices be made carefully this way.

Not that Kascam cares. They're to busy cooking up $100 basic 5* deals cause 5* are more available now ya know.

Waiting for the usual apologists to attack this. Just know I'm going to be laughing at whatever **** excuse for the kabastards you post.

Why don't you care about how many players get screwed if they allow RDT? SO many people don't rank up champs to 4/55 who are useful for 1 node in AW, and thus suffer from lower prestige and thus lower AQ rewards then players with those 4/55 champs. The selfishness is sad really more then anything.

I wish I could "agree" with this 1 million times.
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    no
    Also ranking the best champs at the time and now wanting a do over is like eating a whole meal and then going that was awful,
    R4GE wrote: »
    I would love some tickets but lets be honest, we all including myself ranked champs that were OP in alliance war. Any Mystic, NC, Spiderman, ect. Now they have done something to literally diversify the champs you need to bring to earn more points and everyone is mad. You ranked who you wanted now own it. Either keep using the the same OP champs that work just fine defending, or choose to rank new ones. There's no need for tickets.

Thats the problem, they don't work fine and create no diversity. And there isn't the available resources currently in the game to make up for whats lost, like t2a. Nodes changed, difficulty was dropped and the champs get walked over. Everyone is hitting 100% completion and now the final score is decided on diversity. Guess this ultimately depends on what tiers you typically compete in. Im sure in the lower tiers average players are liking the easy mode and ok since they aren't operating above a r4 4* champ to know the struggle of the resources lost.

They are still great defenders that hold up well. Like I said, everyone wanted to abuse the broken system that was let's place a bunch of Magiks, Juggernaut, and Mordos. There are enough champs that u can still place several of each of these and still place enough champs to get a good diversity score. The game will never be perfect but this is actually a good change for once. If anything kabam actually made it more interesting cause now u have to decide do I want a super strong defense with a bunch of the same champs or go for diversity points.
  • yes
    Diversity is just another fancy way to devaluate the hard earned champs. It's even worse than 12.0 update.

Exactly! So that u can now spend more money and time to rank up another champ for more purpose in AW.

Kabam probably realize that many players have already slow down or stop chasing champs hence they doing this stupid AW update.

Nevermind all the fancy words and twisting logics that Mike will use in his explanation. You know it when he sounds like he's trying to fool a 8 years old kid. Hilarious attempts.

• Lil_RamsicLil_Ramsic Posts: 10
    yes
    Doesn't make sense to have 30 maxed out Nightcrawlers in an alliance anymore, no-one uses him for anything else but War, we should have at least rank 5 down tickets to accommodate and change our lineups to what they want, a more diverse war. Idm taking up a crappy champ like Colossus for the sake of a better war team, but I'm not doing that unless I get my 3 t4 mutants cats back from NC
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    yes
    danielmath wrote: »

Why don't you care about how many players get screwed if they allow RDT? SO many people don't rank up champs to 4/55 who are useful for 1 node in AW, and thus suffer from lower prestige and thus lower AQ rewards then players with those 4/55 champs. The selfishness is sad really more then anything.

WHAT?

1) First of all the list of champions useful for 1 node is very long and hey, the resources used for 5s champs are the same of the 4s. I don't give a damn about my 5s champs, they are still good. I'm mad because of my now totally useless 4s R5 champs and I want T4CC back.

2) It's not selfishness, it the exact opposite. Many have upgraded their champs to allow their allies to win.

3) The system/game mechanics said you had to upgrade champs in order to win. Now the system has changed and all the resources spent upgrading certain champs are in the trash, plain and simple.

Sorry but this is way worse than nerfing a couple of champs. They nerfed them all. And don't tell me they are still workind as intended, it's the biggest BS story you can tell to us. It's like you still have tires on your car but now streets are forbidden and you are only allowed to drive on water.
  • yes
    So nerfing champs makes them less desirable to rank up, do you agree? Well Kabam does! That's why they gave out rdts after 12.0

Also, making a champion, or multiple champions, much less useful would AGAIN make them less desirable to rank up, right?

So it's only logical to want rdts!
    yes
    So nerfing champs makes them less desirable to rank up, do you agree? Well Kabam does! That's why they gave out rdts after 12.0

Also, making a champion, or multiple champions, much less useful would AGAIN make them less desirable to rank up, right?

We're not talking about nerfs to Champs. That's the whole point. We're talking about changes to War. The whole point of Diversity is using a variety of Champs. That's contradictory to the idea of Tickets because the Champs are still the same, and the point is to Rank others. Not take what you put in some and put it in others.
  • yes

We're not talking about nerfs to Champs. That's the whole point. We're talking about changes to War. The whole point of Diversity is using a variety of Champs. That's contradictory to the idea of Tickets because the Champs are still the same, and the point is to Rank others. Not take what you put in some and put it in others.

Wrong.
  • 2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    edited September 2017
    yes
    I want RDT, we're in tier 5 in my alliance, 6 people have 4star magik at rank 5 including me, two have 5 star mordo with full MD. 4 with maxed NC including me. Three juggs also including me. Now we need to diversify. From what I see we have to take turns placing out magik, you place your magik this war so I can place falcon and I'll place my magik in the next war. Do the same for the other mighty defenders. We need rank down tickets so I can rank up my kamala Khan,karnak,gambit and Luke cage to rank 4 for AW placement. This diversity nonsense is forcing me to place rank 3 champs bcoz someone else placed all the other champs I have at rank4. Give RDT. It's very important.
  • King_turd123King_turd123 Posts: 156
    edited September 2017
    yes

My point is simple, with nerfs kabam did stuff to make some people wish they never ranked up a champ, then they granted that wish.

Now they've made some other people wish they never ranked up champs again.

So it's only logical to want more rdts.
    yes

My point is simple, with nerfs kabam did stuff to make some people wish they never ranked up a champ, then they granted that wish.

It has nothing to do with want. The way the Champs functioned changed. That is not the case here. They changed the Champs themselves with 12.0 and 12.0.1. They didn't change the Champs with 15.0. They changed War. Big difference. The Tickets are not for changes to content.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    yes

It has nothing to do with want. The way the Champs functioned changed. That is not the case here. They changed the Champs themselves with 12.0 and 12.0.1. They didn't change the Champs with 15.0. They changed War. Big difference. The Tickets are not for changes to content.

You can say the same thing over and over again if you like but if what the guy on the first page said about you being in a 400 war ratin alliance is true nobody is going to take your opinion with any seriousness.

You may not be aware but T4cc (or T4b in the really big alliances cases) and T2a are actually quite rare and valuable and to now have champs that were only good for defence just sat around with those valuable resources put into them is a waste.
    An example, Would anyone use a spidey on attack? Probably not because the only time he would evade is probably when you try to parry, so he sits collecting dust because somebody else in your alliance has a better spidey so you're not allowed to place yours to stand a chance at winning.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    yes
    You keep parroting that, but there is absolutely no reason for the RDTs not to be for changes to content other than an arbitrary decision made by Kabam
  • yes

RDTs were issued because Kabam knew players wanted to rank down champs as a result of changes to the game made by Kabam.

Now Kabam has made more changes.
    Now players want to rank down more champs.
    And now....
    more RDTs.
    yes

You can say the same thing over and over again if you like but if what the guy on the first page said about you being in a 400 war ratin alliance is true nobody is going to take your opinion with any seriousness.

You may not be aware but T4cc (or T4b in the really big alliances cases) and T2a are actually quite rare and valuable and to now have champs that were only good for defence just sat around with those valuable resources put into them is a waste.
    An example, Would anyone use a spidey on attack? Probably not because the only time he would evade is probably when you try to parry, so he sits collecting dust because somebody else in your alliance has a better spidey so you're not allowed to place yours to stand a chance at winning.

Resorting to personal comments and making assumptions about my War Rating doesn't make the points any less valid. That's what people do when they hear a truth they don't like. They get personal.
    It's not about me. It's not about War Rating. It's not about Resources. It's about the Tickets and what they are and are not for. They're not for changes to War. They're for changes to Champs. So people Ranked some Champs for Defense. Now they still have them Ranked. They can Rank more. That's what the game is all about. The changes never caused the Champs they Ranked to perform any differently.
    yes
    linux wrote: »
    [snip]
    It's not about me. It's not about War Rating. It's not about Resources. It's about the Tickets and what they are and are not for. They're not for changes to War. They're for changes to Champs. So people Ranked some Champs for Defense. Now they still have them Ranked. They can Rank more. That's what the game is all about. The changes never caused the Champs they Ranked to perform any differently.

In the current meta, you're wrong: part of the function of champs is that they can be used for defense, and their value as defensive champs (i.e. how they perform!) has changed.

But ... amusingly, if they follow through on their plans to make diversity global and not penalize duplicate champs (that's not the next war, but whenever they make diversity global so you can only get 106 diversity points, rather than being able to get 150) -- at that point, the change will be pretty minor. There won't be any penalty for having 6 Magiks on the end platform, and we'll see that return ... along with trash placed across the 3 BGs for diversity. The idea of it is quite depressing, but it'll bring back almost all of the function/performance of the defensive champs I ranked up. (I'll probably have to mix in some unique champs so we can get those points, but there won't be any penalty for 5 of us placing r5 Magiks with MD5.)

OTOH, it'd be a pretty horrible design. I'd rather they keep the change in performance w/o rank-down tickets but make AW actually interesting. (I say that having ranked up ~3 primarily defensive champs to 4*r5/5*r3 (bpcw, uc, mordo). I'd take the loss in resources for an interesting game mode.)

The Champs and their Abilities are not altered by War or changes to Nodes or the Maps. The Champs aren't changed. Just what you used them for.
    yes
    [snip]

In the current meta, you're wrong: part of the function of champs is that they can be used for defense, and their value as defensive champs (i.e. how they perform!) has changed.

But ... amusingly, if they follow through on their plans to make diversity global and not penalize duplicate champs (that's not the next war, but whenever they make diversity global so you can only get 106 diversity points, rather than being able to get 150) -- at that point, the change will be pretty minor. There won't be any penalty for having 6 Magiks on the end platform, and we'll see that return ... along with trash placed across the 3 BGs for diversity. The idea of it is quite depressing, but it'll bring back almost all of the function/performance of the defensive champs I ranked up. (I'll probably have to mix in some unique champs so we can get those points, but there won't be any penalty for 5 of us placing r5 Magiks with MD5.)

OTOH, it'd be a pretty horrible design. I'd rather they keep the change in performance w/o rank-down tickets but make AW actually interesting. (I say that having ranked up ~3 primarily defensive champs to 4*r5/5*r3 (bpcw, uc, mordo). I'd take the loss in resources for an interesting game mode.)

The Champs and their Abilities are not altered by War or changes to Nodes or the Maps. The Champs aren't changed. Just what you used them for.

You claimed their performance hadn't changed ("The changes never caused Champs they Ranked to perform any differently"). That statement is false; the amount they contribute in AWD changed meaningfully. AW is one of the modes Kabam has put substantial effort into, so saying that it only affects AW as a whole and thus doesn't represent a meaningful change is not a defensible argument. You can play semantics and update your statement to something that's narrowly true but beside the point; have at it; I don't particularly care. I also don't particularly care about rank-down tickets; but I do like calling out obviously flawed arguments.

The statement is not false. Fundamentally, their function is the same. The application that you use said function for has changed. That is entirely elective. Ant Man and Juggs perform the very same whether War Nodes exist or not. Kabam did not make people Rank those Champs for War. They crated a fully elective mode to play. They also created the elective process to Rank. They created Nodes that provide Champs with Buffs. Who people used on those Nodes was entirely up to them. If people chose to Rank for one purpose alone, that was also up to them. The performance of the Champ hasn't changed. The application of said Champ that amplifies the Abilities has. That's not semantics. It's the facts.
  • dougdoug Posts: 7
    yes
    i love how people are always posting about kabams policies and quoting their statements just to **** on people. Same clowns every time. find something to do

Kabam has contradicted themselves dozens of times. We know what they said, who cares

And rank down tickets were awesome. A few generic tickets would be cool because this was a big change to war. Or at least sell some reasonably priced rank up packages
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    yes
    Also ranking the best champs at the time and now wanting a do over is like eating a whole meal and then going that was awful,
    I would love some tickets but lets be honest, we all including myself ranked champs that were OP in alliance war. Any Mystic, NC, Spiderman, ect. Now they have done something to literally diversify the champs you need to bring to earn more points and everyone is mad. You ranked who you wanted now own it. Either keep using the the same OP champs that work just fine defending, or choose to rank new ones. There's no need for tickets.

Thats the problem, they don't work fine and create no diversity. And there isn't the available resources currently in the game to make up for whats lost, like t2a. Nodes changed, difficulty was dropped and the champs get walked over. Everyone is hitting 100% completion and now the final score is decided on diversity. Guess this ultimately depends on what tiers you typically compete in. Im sure in the lower tiers average players are liking the easy mode and ok since they aren't operating above a r4 4* champ to know the struggle of the resources lost.

They are still great defenders that hold up well. Like I said, everyone wanted to abuse the broken system that was let's place a bunch of Magiks, Juggernaut, and Mordos. There are enough champs that u can still place several of each of these and still place enough champs to get a good diversity score. The game will never be perfect but this is actually a good change for once. If anything kabam actually made it more interesting cause now u have to decide do I want a super strong defense with a bunch of the same champs or go for diversity points.

I'm not sure what rating you are or your alliances standing in AW, but thats not true at all about champs still being great defenders. I think you must have missed the part where the argument on threads has the majority of players saying its to easy, ALL champs are getting walked over, and it is easily 100% explored with no items. Which eliminates the question as to anyone being a great defender. Bosses, thats a whole other concept. But we are talking about defenders in general.

The old system was not broken just because people chose Magik, Juggs, and Mordos. Kabam designed 2 of those to only be worthy as defenders, Juggs and Mordo. Anything else useless. Nodes also made them a harder challenge. While these 3 may still be good defenders, many who ranked them and wasted tons of resources will no longer be able to use them due to creating diversity. There is also plenty of champs, you're correct there. But many aren't reliable defenders who even in the old system got walked over, and will be even easier now. Again, Ill go ahead and mention that that also requires everyone to create new defenders, which means attempting to acquire new champs and more resources.

Made it more interesting or more hated and went against the wishes of the community? Decide if you want a super strong defense or diversity??? There is no longer "super strong defense"
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★

Sorry. I'm in Tier 2 with 5 5* R4s and I still don't think Rank Down Tickets should be given.

True, the new AW is like Alliance Quest, the scoring system does not make sense and the nodes are ridiculously easy. Kabam is already working on an update on this so be patient.

(On a side note, if they do I'll be really happy as I can rank down my 5* Storm and rank up my 5* AA.)
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    no
    RDTs are not for changes to content. No matter who you Ranked, they still perform the same. The Champs haven't changed at all.
    Yeah, let me know how many people in your alliances used 7 t4cc and t2 alphas to rank up Juggs. Now to be a pushover and yield no diversity in the alliance

Why would it yield no diversity?
  • yes
    They did say they would give rank down tickets for "major game changes"... I would think this qualifies. I personally would never want to high rank "defensive" champs again... and I am sure many feel the same way.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    no
    Imac7065 wrote: »
    They did say they would give rank down tickets for "major game changes"... I would think this qualifies. I personally would never want to high rank "defensive" champs again... and I am sure many feel the same way.
    Citation please.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    yes
    Man do I feel bad for people with rank 4 5* juggs. What an absolute waste of a champ at this point
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    yes
    Yeah, let me know how many people in your alliances used 7 t4cc and t2 alphas to rank up Juggs. Now to be a pushover and yield no diversity in the alliance

Why would it yield no diversity?
    Reflecting back to a previous comment I made, Juggs and many other common defenders make up the majority of defenders. If everyone ranked him and the other same common champs than there is no diversity. I just used him as an example