**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Defender Diversity - The new "0 Defenders auto-win"

Sooo, basically looking at the math with the attacker kills reduced to a third of their points, placing as many unique champs as possible will now be the alliance who wins, assuming they beat it? If they nerf that, then it will be something else...

@Kabam Miike, this is simple math here. Without punishment for poor performance, it is just a simple math equation for who wins in the end...

Comments

• Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    The answer is simple. Keep diversity, but bring back defender kills. Give it like 50 points. And set diversity to 100 points.
    That way, alliances can choose between stronger defenders and unique defenders.
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    I completely agree. I am fine with adding in defender diversity to break up the NC, magik, juggs, mordo, hyperion X10 in each BG. BUT, there has to be defender kills to make it so there is a reason to set up a good defense. The other team has to get penalized for dying or not being good. There is ZERO strategy without defender kills.

The interesting and fun part of old AW was to sometimes surprise people to mess them up on certain nodes (e.g. threw an r5 hood on the start with 2 bars / SP2 unblockable node, and took out 2 players). Granted, I know the game divulged into a bunch of NCs, Mordos, Juggs, Magiks, and Hyperion, there still were ways to throw off opponents and get those defender kills or weaken their offense. The old AW was build around what characters we EXPECTED to find on each node and we would bring in the offense to deal with them.

The new map is brutal on energy, and it didn't solve the "express boss lanes" issue either. It seems much easier overall, and I would honestly be happy with the old map with defender diversity added in there to give us some variety and strategy when trying to figure out what defense will result in the highest score.
  • You forget about defender rating. This past war, my ally won. Opponent had 18 more unique defenders than ours, only got them 2250 more points. We placed most of our R5s, and outscored them in defender rating by 62k. They were a similar rated alliance too.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    J_Slap wrote: »
    You forget about defender rating. This past war, my ally won. Opponent had 18 more unique defenders than ours, only got them 2250 more points. We placed most of our R5s, and outscored them in defender rating by 62k. They were a similar rated alliance too.

So, according to that, that means you outscored them by 124 points rating wise. If they had placed 2-3 more unique defenders, they would have beaten you.

Very fragile strategy, eventually defender diversity is a much better way to score and win than defender rating. In our most recent war, our defender rating was 72k lower than the enemy alliance but we had 17 more defender diversity. The only other difference is the enemy had 99.3% explored while we had 100% explored. We won by 2500 points.

So no, choosing defender rating to score in rather than defender diversity will make you lose. You were just lucky for that war.
  • Haji, Rotm, u guys are correct, I was going off the rating and not the score given. Diversity is the way to go. But Rotm, u are very wrong about one thing... we didn't win because we were lucky, we got more boss kills haha
  • Thanks for the feedback everybody. We're going to keep an eye on the mode as time goes on, and if we feel that it needs more tweaking, we'll make sure to act on it. We will not be doing this just off initial reaction to a scoring change that has not been experienced yet though, so we're gonna have to give it a chance at least.

Please remember to not create more threads on a single topic, and to keep all conversations on Alliance Wars in the discussion thread here: http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/17904/15-0-alliance-wars-update-discussion-thread
This discussion has been closed.