**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Let's talk about warlock

I recently happened to read his info, and found that he has some awesome utility, most probably the longest heal block in the game barring void, and has power drain too. And he reduces ability accuracy also. Besides all these, he has immunities also. So I was like.. dude he has some awesome utility, but then we I searched about him in youtube, many placed him in beyond god tier category! He has awesome utility, I myself want him in my roster, but his damage ain't too good I think . Am I missing something?

I saw vids in him , in some he did 29k damage in sp2 , and in some just 6k or so...isn't that too inconsistent?? Warlock owners, can u guys tell me how much damage does his sp2 do without any crits(with armor breaks)?

Any insight would be appreciated...I am kinda having mixed feelings about him...

Comments

• Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    His damage does go up significantly with suicides. I've run him with and without suicides and it does make a bit of a difference
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I run him with suicides and his damage is great. Not OP like ghost/Corvus but you still land some satisfying SP2’s
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    his damage ain't amazing, but he has lots of utility
  • DashamtvamasiayDashamtvamasiay Posts: 81
    Ok, so I guess he's not a good damage champ, but still anyone has an idea how much dange dies his sp2 do, coz he armor breaks so maybe atleast 10k? For a max potential 5*?
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Don’t sleep on the ability accuracy. Keep stacking by hitting into blocks. It turns a lot of annoying fights into normal fights, and that alone makes up for the lack of damage in many circumstances. But if you’re looking to maximize the damage, the heavy has a nice bleed on it, the s2 does decent damage and armor breaks, so launch that and then attack, but damage isn’t what he’s primarily built for.

Also when awakened he can place a degen on healing opponents, great in war where almost everyone runs willpower. It’s not a lot, but it’s something and it adds up.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Even though his damage isn't insane, it's still better like 80% of champs between that Sp2 and those armor breaks. Then you take into account that he has some of the most utility in the game, of course he's Beyond God Tier.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    You don't need suicides for him. I don't run suicides and his damage is more then sufficient ... get some viruses, armor breaks and his SP2 can crit like crazy getting 25K plus with as many hits that it does. his heavy is brutal too.

His heal block is STELLAR. plus his immunity ... damage is definitely not what you get Warlock for.

he's gone through so much content for me.
    edited July 2020

You don't need suicides for him. I don't run suicides and his damage is more then sufficient ... get some viruses, armor breaks and his SP2 can crit like crazy getting 25K plus with as many hits that it does. his heavy is brutal too.

His heal block is STELLAR. plus his immunity ... damage is definitely not what you get Warlock for.

he's gone through so much content for me.

@DeaconVelvet thanks man, those numbers were what I was looking for, 25k is more than enough for me without suicides, that too for a utility champ. Now I am definitely gonna hunt for warlock .
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    His damage is absolutely fine, get those armourbreaks up from sp2 and lay into them. My r5 can put down circa 20k heavies, that’s fine with me for all that utility. There are ways to boost him, the fury synergy is amazing vs bleed/poison and you can also use 200% power and cycle sp2 for loads of armourbreak damage.

There are well respected utility champs with way less power than warlock.
    Berjibs said:

His damage is absolutely fine, get those armourbreaks up from sp2 and lay into them. My r5 can put down circa 20k heavies, that’s fine with me for all that utility. There are ways to boost him, the fury synergy is amazing vs bleed/poison and you can also use 200% power and cycle sp2 for loads of armourbreak damage.

20k heavies..hmmm, now I want him real badly
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Berjibs said:

he's insane. with an the armor breaks and a crit, heavy can do insane damage. good luck on your hunt!
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    his damage is decent far from best but his utilities r too good! if he gets bump on damage without any suicide masteries via some synergy he'd overtake ghost in most popular tech champ! even without bump in damage i think i'll be taking my 6* warlock to r3/r4 and eventual r5 in future over my 6* ghost! (also she'll be on the nerf list anyway once they buff few champs,specificaly in tech class (overhaul/update for Og im,sup.im,Ironpatriot tuneups - ultron,yondu,starlord,vulture,redskull, update to warmachine,rocket,civilwarrior)
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,137 ★★★★★
    The problem is people rate danmged vs utility

Berjibs said:

he's insane. with an the armor breaks and a crit, heavy can do insane damage. good luck on your hunt!
    Yup , gonna save for those tech mutant 5* class crystals
    Kalantak said:

his damage is decent far from best but his utilities r too good! if he gets bump on damage without any suicide masteries via some synergy he'd overtake ghost in most popular tech champ! even without bump in damage i think i'll be taking my 6* warlock to r3/r4 and eventual r5 in future over my 6* ghost! (also she'll be on the nerf list anyway once they buff few champs,specificaly in tech class (overhaul/update for Og im,sup.im,Ironpatriot tuneups - ultron,yondu,starlord,vulture,redskull, update to warmachine,rocket,civilwarrior)

Got it, btw congrats on pulling 6* warlock
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Pulled the 6* after using my 5* for CB in 6.1. Warlock is Bae.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Heavy cause a lot of bleed.

Sp2 is huge.

And many utilities. Warlock is a great champ.
  • Southern_KantSouthern_Kant Posts: 157

• HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    Do you struggle against Havok? Well not anymore.
  • Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    He is good because he is one of only 2 in the game with a reliable passive heal block and he has more utility than mysterio, passive heal block is huge