**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Modok Bug

Modok has a non contact heavy hit. He shouldn’t take electro shock damage , Morningstar bleed damage, or any other hero that has a debuff ruction that operates similar to those. He isn’t making contact with them. The fire is what hits the opponent

Comments

• Disbanded_pensDisbanded_pens Posts: 175
    Yes, it's always annoying to get Electro's static damage when MODOK incinerates him via a heavy.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    The hit is a physical contact attack, and therefore should trigger those effects.

At least, that's how it's coded, and how it has always been. The abilities are working fine and there is no bug. Now, if you think that something shouldn't be the way it is, that's different.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

The hit is a physical contact attack, and therefore should trigger those effects.

At least, that's how it's coded, and how it has always been. The abilities are working fine and there is no bug. Now, if you think that something shouldn't be the way it is, that's different.

Breaking it down, the options are Physical or Energy and then Contact or Non-Contact, correct?

First off, is MODOK's heavy physical? It triggers Ultron's signature ability on hits, which tells me it's energy, not physical. It also applies incinerate, which is an energy-based Damage over Time effect. I'd say that MODOK's heavy is definitely an Energy attack, not a Physical attack. On what basis do you say it's Physical @will-o-wisp ?

Either way, Physical or Energy doesn't much matter as it pertains to Electro. Electro's Static Shock affects champs who make contact. So I guess the real question is this: Does a fountain of fire constitute a contact hit?

It seems a bit mixed even within the game.

With Modok, the heavy counts as a contact hit, so every hit of it causes MODOK to receive damage.

Human Torch's heavy attack is similar, in that his body doesn't make contact with the enemy, but the fiery attack still receives damage from Static Shock:

However, his L1 and L2 attacks both feature fire fountains from his hands that do not trigger static shock. This means that they are not counted as contact hits and Human Torch doesn't see any damage from these:

I don't know which one Kabam intended to be right, but in its current state, it's not consistent.