Options

NODES

I don’t think many people will agree with me, but I’m just voicing my opinion. Sole of the nodes in this game are just ridiculous. It says 7% but when your fighting
nearly every 5 hits she’ll evade. I recently struggled on act 5 with a node called ‘buffet’ it sucked. Didn’t even enjoy playing it I just had to do it. Personally I feel like the nodes are killing this game, they’re making them way too hard and taking away the basic principle of this game which is character v character not character with a heap of nodes vs character. As I’ve said this is just an opinion I don’t think I’m right or wrong:)

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    You know you can just only hit her when stunned it use an evade counter right?
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    This basic principle of this game is character v character. You're correct in that. However, the Battlerealm contains characters that have become more powerful through exposure to ISO-8. This makes them have more abilities, hence the nodes.
    Nodes are an integral part of this game. Taking away nodes leads to an increase in difficulty by just upping the health and attack of defenders, and from our experiences in Act 6, that's not really fun.

"they’re making them way too hard"
    Those nodes aren't hard once you have mastered them. Difficulty is how we progress. If there's no difficulty, everyone would be at the same point, progression-wise. That's not smart game-design.
  • Options

Do you even know how to use Aegon? Why would anyone complain about evade when they have an Aegon?

He might not be awakened. It's going to take him 150 hits before the TA kicks in.
  • Options
    lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    nodes are probably the biggest part of the game....
    if you just want to beat people up, play mortal kombat. if you want to read and actually have a bit of challenge, this is the game for you
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Use Emma Frost if you have her in Diamond form she's stun immune, in telepath she can't be evaded
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    H_I_Z said:

bro, if you think 5.2.3 is bad, wait until you get to masochism, and use AEgon, he has Defensive AAR when ramped up

Trust me, it's feels impossible to get aegon's combo that high outside or RoL, LoL or AOL
  • Options

H_I_Z said:

bro, if you think 5.2.3 is bad, wait until you get to masochism, and use AEgon, he has Defensive AAR when ramped up

Trust me, it's feels impossible to get aegon's combo that high outside or RoL, LoL or AOL
    Act 6.
  • Options
    WayntosWayntos Posts: 593 ★★
    Wait till you get a taste of no retreat!!
  • Options

H_I_Z said:

Yeah exactly, unawakened even when I get to the boss fight aegon isn’t getting to that combo.
  • Options

Do you even know how to use Aegon? Why would anyone complain about evade when they have an Aegon?

He might not be awakened. It's going to take him 150 hits before the TA kicks in.
    Thank you, I do know how to use ægon. Unawakened he is nowhere near as useful when he’s awakened and high sig.

• Options

This basic principle of this game is character v character. You're correct in that. However, the Battlerealm contains characters that have become more powerful through exposure to ISO-8. This makes them have more abilities, hence the nodes.
    Nodes are an integral part of this game. Taking away nodes leads to an increase in difficulty by just upping the health and attack of defenders, and from our experiences in Act 6, that's not really fun.

Those nodes aren't hard once you have mastered them. Difficulty is how we progress. If there's no difficulty, everyone would be at the same point, progression-wise. That's not smart game-design.

I hear you, but for the basic players some of the nodes are just crazy, especially when you compare it to rewards, and that’s across the whole battle realm. I used a bad example, I should of highlighted buffet because I think that one was just designed very badly. I’m not against nodes, I’m against poorly designed nodes that just make the fight sluggish instead of a challenge.
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

You know you can just only hit her when stunned it use an evade counter right?

Well yes but I haven’t got any characters in that team that stun without parry, that I’m aware of, and I’m just trying to get through the fight quickly, not spend 5 minutes parrying and heavy attacks
  • Options

nodes are probably the biggest part of the game....
    if you just want to beat people up, play mortal kombat. if you want to read and actually have a bit of challenge, this is the game for you

Mortal kombat is a fighting game, as is this one, that involves quite a bit of skill, quite a bad comparison there pal
  • Options
    Wayntos said:

Doubt I’ll be playing the game by that point unless changes are made, I just feel for the effort and skill involved in beating certain quests and things the rewards just aren’t worth it at all
  • Options

I hear you, but for the basic players some of the nodes are just crazy, especially when you compare it to rewards, and that’s across the whole battle realm. I used a bad example, I should of highlighted buffet because I think that one was just designed very badly. I’m not against nodes, I’m against poorly designed nodes that just make the fight sluggish instead of a challenge.
    "Poorly designed nodes". For me, poorly designed nodes are nodes that require you to bring a specific counter. For example, Can't Stop Won't Stop.

Buffet is not a poorly designed node because there are multiple ways around it. You can use a champion who doesn't rely on buffs. You could use any Heal Block champion. You could also use champions that reduce Ability Accuracy. There are a handful of options for nodes like Buffet or Masochism. Again, once you've practiced against it, you will slowly learn to master it.

Furthermore, "basic players" won't encounter these "crazy" nodes until about Act 4 and onwards. If you have reached Act 4, you're much more knowledgable than a beginner player, and at that point, the difficulty has to go up.

I would love to hear your suggestions for amping up the difficulty while not using "poorly designed nodes".

"I’m against poorly designed nodes that just make the fight sluggish instead of a challenge."
    Define "sluggish". The MCOC community has a problem with some of its players. These players feel as though fights should not last more than a minute, and these fights should be over in less than 100 hits. These players want a challenge but aren't able to cope with challenge in the form of longer fights, so please define "sluggish" in the context of your statement.
  • Options

Wayntos said:

Doubt I’ll be playing the game by that point unless changes are made, I just feel for the effort and skill involved in beating certain quests and things the rewards just aren’t worth it at all
    What point in the story's progression are you in right now?
  • Options

"Poorly designed nodes". For me, poorly designed nodes are nodes that require you to bring a specific counter. For example, Can't Stop Won't Stop.

Buffet is not a poorly designed node because there are multiple ways around it. You can use a champion who doesn't rely on buffs. You could use any Heal Block champion. You could also use champions that reduce Ability Accuracy. There are a handful of options for nodes like Buffet or Masochism. Again, once you've practiced against it, you will slowly learn to master it.

Furthermore, "basic players" won't encounter these "crazy" nodes until about Act 4 and onwards. If you have reached Act 4, you're much more knowledgable than a beginner player, and at that point, the difficulty has to go up.

I would love to hear your suggestions for amping up the difficulty while not using "poorly designed nodes".

"I’m against poorly designed nodes that just make the fight sluggish instead of a challenge."
    Define "sluggish". The MCOC community has a problem with some of its players. These players feel as though fights should not last more than a minute, and these fights should be over in less than 100 hits. These players want a challenge but aren't able to cope with challenge in the form of longer fights, so please define "sluggish" in the context of your statement.
    Yeah I guess I didn’t really think properly about all the counters to buffet, that’s my bad. But I do have an issue with the way you talk about the community having a problem with fights, the community isn’t all at the same level and the community lol wasn’t different things, a lot of the higher players have just got used to fights being hard and I don’t think that should always be the case, seatin is a perfect example of that. I think a lot of the end game community have forgot that this is meant to me enjoyable, not just a grind for good rewards.
  • Options

Wayntos said:

What point in the story's progression are you in right now?
    I’m two quests away from becoming uncollected, but I doubt I’ll do it, I have more than a good enough team I’m just finding it incredibly difficult.
  • Options

Yeah I guess I didn’t really think properly about all the counters to buffet, that’s my bad. But I do have an issue with the way you talk about the community having a problem with fights, the community isn’t all at the same level and the community lol wasn’t different things, a lot of the higher players have just got used to fights being hard and I don’t think that should always be the case, seatin is a perfect example of that. I think a lot of the end game community have forgot that this is meant to me enjoyable, not just a grind for good rewards.
    Challenge is enjoyable. I don't want this game to be a cakewalk. I don't want every single quest to be like Act 3. There is no challenge in Parry-Combo-ing the opponent to oblivion. Act 1-3 is to build fundamental skills. Act 4 is when the content starts to challenge your knowledge of the game. Act 5 is when skill & knowledge are challenged. Act 6 is where roster, skill, and knowledge are challenged. As progression moves forward, the player is bound to be challenged by more things. If this is not the case, then Act 5 would be the same thing as Act 3, but just with defenders with more health. That's not the direction I want the game to go.

I agree fights should be enjoyable. That being said, fights wouldn't be enjoyable to players if they could be completed in an instant with no challenge.
  • Options

Challenge is enjoyable. I don't want this game to be a cakewalk. I don't want every single quest to be like Act 3. There is no challenge in Parry-Combo-ing the opponent to oblivion. Act 1-3 is to build fundamental skills. Act 4 is when the content starts to challenge your knowledge of the game. Act 5 is when skill & knowledge are challenged. Act 6 is where roster, skill, and knowledge are challenged. As progression moves forward, the player is bound to be challenged by more things. If this is not the case, then Act 5 would be the same thing as Act 3, but just with defenders with more health. That's not the direction I want the game to go.

I agree fights should be enjoyable. That being said, fights wouldn't be enjoyable to players if they could be completed in an instant with no challenge.
    I hear that, fair enough if you get enjoyment out of dumping units into revives and stuff. But to me the game just isn’t in a good position, to complete harder content you need to have good champs and to get a good chance at good champs, you gotta spend money or complete content which you can’t do without good champs, so to me just kinda sucks, wanna see something decent changed because this game makes more than enough money to make those changes.
  • Options

I hear that, fair enough if you get enjoyment out of dumping units into revives and stuff. But to me the game just isn’t in a good position, to complete harder content you need to have good champs and to get a good chance at good champs, you gotta spend money or complete content which you can’t do without good champs, so to me just kinda sucks, wanna see something decent changed because this game makes more than enough money to make those changes.
    Um, I'm F2P, and I've completed Act 6 and 100% LOL, and I haven't spent a single penny. You're in Act 5. I'm sorry if this comes off as harsh, but if you're dumping units into Act 5, then you're not ready for Act 5 skill-wise. You don't need good champs to complete Act 5. I did my completion with my 5* Cyclops, Hood, and 4* Iceman, Howard, and Medusa.
  • Options

Um, I'm F2P, and I've completed Act 6 and 100% LOL, and I haven't spent a single penny. You're in Act 5. I'm sorry if this comes off as harsh, but if you're dumping units into Act 5, then you're not ready for Act 5 skill-wise. You don't need good champs to complete Act 5. I did my completion with my 5* Cyclops, Hood, and 4* Iceman, Howard, and Medusa.
    Not sure if I believe you 100% act 6 on ftp lol
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Not sure if I believe you 100% act 6 on ftp lol
    I said I completed it. Not 100%. I'm working toward 100%. I 100% LOL. But as a F2P, I can still do lots of content, so it's not about champions or units. It's more about skill.
  • Options
    Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    edited July 2020

When you get to act5 and onwards you need to start understanding the nodes and how the interact with the counters you have available.

Buffet and mesmerise seem very daunting when you first encounter them however once you get to understand how they work and which champs or techniques you need to get past them then you start to progress and move forward.

As someone else said Buffet has a number of counters, heal block being the main one (heal reversal works even better) however champs that don’t reply on buffs or champs that hit very hard also work well against this node. The trick is (if you don’t have heal block) to try and minimise the amount you dex and try and get as much damage in as you can. However your best bet is to use a heal block champ (of which there are many)

Mesmerise can either be countered by true strike or a champ which fails evade (NF, IMIW etc) and Emma frost is also an excellent counter as she can’t be evaded/stunned depending on her form. Equally if you parry and do a 3 hit combo (MLM) you won’t trigger the evade.

Act5 completion isn’t the place to be throwing countless units/revives away (The collector being the exception to this) it’s permanent content so try a path, if you die then back out and try again. Think about where/why you failed and ask for help if you don’t know where you failed. Recording your fights and watching them back helps in this but if you try and power through content you will eventually hit a wall as your getting further ahead than your roster will allow.

Each month your roster will get stronger due to EQ/side quests etc so take your time instead of ploughing on and burning through your stash

Act5 nodes are not going to get toned down or changed as they are at the right level to allow you to learn and progress. The jump from act4 to act5 is exactly what it should be. Act5 to act6 is where the step up has been to large
  • Options
    Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    Also your about to run up against machonism and bane which are also very discouraging when you first encounter them so be prepared!
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    buffet is much better than some other nodes. it doesn't require any specific champion and it requires a different way of going through the fight and thinking about it. like notsavage said, the acts in the game in a way guide you to become a better player, and you have to improve to meet the challenges
  • Options

When you get to act5 and onwards you need to start understanding the nodes and how the interact with the counters you have available.

Buffet and mesmerise seem very daunting when you first encounter them however once you get to understand how they work and which champs or techniques you need to get past them then you start to progress and move forward.

As someone else said Buffet has a number of counters, heal block being the main one (heal reversal works even better) however champs that don’t reply on buffs or champs that hit very hard also work well against this node. The trick is (if you don’t have heal block) to try and minimise the amount you dex and try and get as much damage in as you can. However your best bet is to use a heal block champ (of which there are many)

Mesmerise can either be countered by true strike or a champ which fails evade (NF, IMIW etc) and Emma frost is also an excellent counter as she can’t be evaded/stunned depending on her form. Equally if you parry and do a 3 hit combo (MLM) you won’t trigger the evade.

Act5 completion isn’t the place to be throwing countless units/revives away (The collector being the exception to this) it’s permanent content so try a path, if you die then back out and try again. Think about where/why you failed and ask for help if you don’t know where you failed. Recording your fights and watching them back helps in this but if you try and power through content you will eventually hit a wall as your getting further ahead than your roster will allow.

Each month your roster will get stronger due to EQ/side quests etc so take your time instead of ploughing on and burning through your stash

Act5 nodes are not going to get toned down or changed as they are at the right level to allow you to learn and progress. The jump from act4 to act5 is exactly what it should be. Act5 to act6 is where the step up has been to large
    Appreciate this a lot man! Nice to have some feedback about where to improve and shown how my opinion isn’t correct rather than just be told I’m trash at the game or have no skill, which you will be able to see I took a fair bit, some direct and some indirect but whatever. All advice taken onboard and tbf I look forward to getting back into it now. Again, thanks man :)
  • Options

buffet is much better than some other nodes. it doesn't require any specific champion and it requires a different way of going through the fight and thinking about it. like notsavage said, the acts in the game in a way guide you to become a better player, and you have to improve to meet the challenges

Thanks, took a year break and came back to a completely different game so I’m still adjusting.