**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My Thoughts on the 2020 Champions

TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
Squirrel Girl is a interesting champ she is quite decent not game breaking but a solid champion she used correctly has quite a lot of damage but little utility to back up her high damage her biggest problem is that she wasn’t crazy OP like AEgon or nick fury people said. I think she is a very underrated champ but certainly not top of the top in the game. Overall I give her a 7.5/10 very underrated but lacking in overall utility.

Oh Boy Nova was for me super disappointing. Outside of defense your never gonna use him he does not hit hard enough and doesn’t have enough utility I love nova in the comics and just seeing the comics way they butchered him ingame makes me sad 4.5/10

Longshot is a very fun champ he has some amazing damage when the champ has buffs and has alright utility with a fate seal. I think overall they did a great job with him he is quite useful for buff matchups and has enough utility to make him worthwhile 8.5/10

I love Mojo easily one of the best of the year he has a very good utility and damage rollled into one he has good Regen,damage and can be a annoying defender 9/10

Mole Man what do I have to say? I don’t even think he’s that good on defense and he is a awful attacker bad attacker and bad defender? 2/10

Terrax is if mole man was a better defender terrax has awful damage but is a pain as a defender 3/10

Sorcerer Supreme is really good very nice damage with CRAZY Regen and great utility on the high end of champs this year very good champion 9.5/10

Storm X is alright? I think she is fine offensively and defensively she is just the middle of the road champ overall nothing special but not terrible 6/10

I quite like the new widow she is very fun to play and has fine damage her biggest problem is the clunk on her animations it feels off.... but overall she was quite underrated I think 8/10

Red Guardian is easily far and away the best this year. Wow he is a beast! Great damage with some very great utility like being able to block unblockable hits. I love him so much and for me is a 10/10

Tigra is a intriguing one she went under the radar she has quite a odd playstyle but if played well can be great I want to learn more about her she may get better in time like a fine wine 8/10

Hit monkey is the true skill Corvus high damage and is quite fun to play i think lagacy really showed how good he is and wow he is good 9/10

Last but not least is guardian. Guardian is a very good bursty champion he will be amazing in act 6/7 variant and AW but will not be good in AOL Or LOL I see him like sunspot 9/10

Before I end this I’ll rank them from the worst to best!

Worst
Mole Man
Terrax
Nova
Storm X
Squirrel Girl
Black Widow Deadly Origin
Tigra
Longshot
Hit Monkey
Guardian
Mojo
Sorcerer Supreme
Best Champ: Red Guardian

Please tell me your opinions in the comments below! 🙂

Comments

• SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    People are underrating Nova. Sure he could use more utility, maybe a lengthened true strike and some energy resistance but his damage is not weak. Take a look at his max signature ability and look at this number. This was only a sig level 70 Nova.

• RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,763 ★★★★★
    No offense (and I really mean it), but it seems to me that you are regurgitating the views of endgame players and bloggers rather than having tested the champs yourself and writing a detailed review.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

People are underrating Nova. Sure he could use more utility, maybe a lengthened true strike and some energy resistance but his damage is not weak. Take a look at his max signature ability and look at this number. This was only a sig level 70 Nova.

Link the whole video please

Savage said:

https://youtu.be/kHhRt7rcRDE
    Rookiie said:

No offense (and I really mean it), but it seems to me that you are regurgitating the views of endgame players and bloggers rather than having tested the champs yourself and writing a detailed review.

Yeah I feel the same way. Mole Man is really a champion that hasn't been figured out yet tbh. He has a lot of potential and attack/crit damage increases in his kit but nobody has found a real playstyle for him.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

Savage said:

https://youtu.be/kHhRt7rcRDE
    Thanks
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    I'll take sorcerer over red guardian all day personally. I'm still shocked how underrated she actually is. I think a lot of it had to do with how hooked on suicides a lot of late game players are personally.

I have both of them at R5/200 but sorcerer is useful far more often than RG imo. RG had some incredibly unique utility which is awesome but it's not really something you need all that regularly
    edited July 2020
    I'm honestly curious at all the disagrees. I showed a screenshot of Nova hitting for almost a 16k medium and even the video of him doing it. The fact that he's not even close to max sig in that video is insane. Sure looks fun to play too
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Would a first hand highly detailed review fly in the face of current observations to unearth some controversial and mind-blowing hidden depths or would it be a long-form version of "They were right. [CHAMP1] kinda sucks and they need more utility. They were also right about [CHAMP2] being really good"?
    Savage said:

I'm honestly curious at all the disagrees. I showed a screenshot of Nova hitting for almost a 16k medium and even the video of him doing it. The fact that he's not even close to max sig in that video is insane. Sure looks fun to play too

His playstyle just makes him not realistically viable in tons of stuff.
    edited July 2020

Savage said:

His playstyle just makes him not realistically viable in tons of stuff.
    I'm just correcting the false notion that he's a pillow fighter by showing his true damage output, that's all. Didn't say anything about viability... but then again champs like OG Thor and Proxima are held with high regard by people even though they are mainly just heavy hitters. At least they all hit hard which can possibly end fights before viability becomes an issue.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

It is a rank 3 duped 6 star with suicides so maybe they're still underwhelmed. I think he's fun. He definitely needs a tweak, but he does look cool while being weaker than I'd like.
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★

did you ever learn about run-on sentences in school?

My bad 😬
    Rookiie said:

@Rookiie I’ve tested most Of them except for one being Tigra do my opinions line up with them? Yes a bit I’ll admit it but they aren’t exactly the same but I’ll tell you this I’m not basing this off other players testing (except for Tigra) I’m basing this off my personal opinions experience with this champions
    edited July 2020

Rookiie said:

@Rookiie I’ve tested most Of them except for one being Tigra do my opinions line up with them? Yes a bit I’ll admit it but they aren’t exactly the same but I’ll tell you this I’m not basing this off other players testing (except for Tigra) I’m basing this off my personal opinions experience with this champions
    Also @Rookiie I decided to make this quite generalized I could have gone into much more detail about them but I didn’t really want to make a super long paragraph about why I like each champion

Savage said:

It is a rank 3 duped 6 star with suicides so maybe they're still underwhelmed. I think he's fun. He definitely needs a tweak, but he does look cool while being weaker than I'd like.
    Agreed he has wonderful animations and is fun to play but for the effort he is not worth it
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    Longshot 11/10 for me, idk what you’re doing with him but for me he has completely outshined almost every champ I’m my roster when it comes to problematic fights

Longshot 11/10 for me, idk what you’re doing with him but for me he has completely outshined almost every champ I’m my roster when it comes to problematic fights

Longshot is a flashy YouTube highlight reel and not much else. He's super fun and a cool design, but useful? Nah man not really at all
    edited July 2020

Savage said:

Regardless the fact that it's a r3 6*, he was only signature level 78. A max signature 5/65 nova would hit even harder than what was shown. Now imagine a sig 200 r3 6* Nova. If you see the playstyle in the video he killed rol ws in about a minute without his maximum potential by just simply parrying, dashing back, and using double mediums until his sp2 where he would just repeat.

Longshot is a flashy YouTube highlight reel and not much else. He's super fun and a cool design, but useful? Nah man not really at all
    Really? I think you're underestimating the power of his fate seal and signature ability. He's amazing for shutting down buffs and converting them into damage. Insane damage output as well
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,763 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

Well, I haven't tested most of them properly to let you know if they line up.

The ones I have tested are Black Widow, Longshot & Guardian. For Black Widow, I really enjoy her play style too, don't find it clunky at all. Longshot is also useful outside of buff heavy matchups, as long as the opponent is not immune to bleed or incinerate. Guardian .. just wow.

I just got tired of hearing HM = Skill Corvus, Guardian = Sunspot and Tigra = hidden gem. We know this already. Would have liked to see a little more detail as to why you think so.

Your rating system is on point though. Keep it up.