now that we know diversity points stay... should we have rank down tickets?

124

Comments

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 30,645 ★★★★★
    yes
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    WOK wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom , you've repeated all too many times, worded creatively the 1 reason RDT's were specifically created for, quoting Kabams announcements to the letter each time someone gives their reasons why they feel it is warranted.

    Some reasons are similar yes, but there are a handful that differ and IMO very valid. Is it not the intent of these forums and polls to cast some different perspectives from different players to voice their opinions on changes that may be needed?

    Since when did "Rules or Reasons put forth" on a given situation become set in stone to as be "untouchable" to scrutiny and not welcome to consideration for revision?? Especially with the undeniable fact that we are constantly faced with changes in content which IMO highly outweighs the importance of changes/non changes made to individual champs.

    Let's put it another way. I'm not debating whether people create Polls or have discussions on things. What they do in the Forum is not mine to enforce. I'm addressing the subject, and that is what happens in a debate.
    So, let's say hypothetically they do give them. When does it stop? If they introduce a Bleed Immune Node in some area of the game, do we ask for Tickets for Wolverine or BP? If they create a Stun Immune Node in let's say, 5.4, do people expect the Tickets to Rank Down Thor? People are free to Rank whoever they want for whatever reasons. Besides the fact that they're not intended for content, there's no way to stop the argument for them. Content is constantly added and adjusted. We can't expect to have a free way to adjust our Rosters whenever that happens. Not when there is a value to those Resources. People have to Rank who they choose for whatever reason they choose and go from there. Whether they Ranked them for War or not, they've still had the ability to use the Champ in any area they wish, at that Rank. It's the idea that people are owed them that doesn't make sense to me. The crux of the issue is the changes to War, and how people feel slighted. I don't judge how others feel. I address the logic in arguments for or against things.

    No one is saying give us RDTs for every change. We're saying give us RDTs for THESE changes to AW, because they rewrote the AW requirements and it mostly affected a very specific set of champs that a very large proportion of us spent time and money to get and rank up.

    It hasn't affected the Champs at all. They still work the same way they did before. What has changed is what you use them for. That's up to the Players. Doesn't mean they're useless. For that matter, if the only reason someone Ranks a Champ is for War, that's fine, but it doesn't mean the Champ is worthless in general. The point that I was illustrating in that comment is they can't adjust our Rosters to accommodate every change, and this is no different than any new or added content. When AQ Seasons come out, we wouldn't expect the same. This is no different.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    no
    BTW, I had eluded to this earlier, but masteries allow us to change our champions abilities and effectivness in tackling existing and newly created content are they not? And we're allowed to change our setups as frequently and as diversly different from our last if we so choose(and our resources would allow).

    Is that considered to be a totally unrelated facet of the game when compared to Rank up/rank down?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 30,645 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    yes
    WOK wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom , those hypothetical scenarios IMO would not warrant RDT's. Those specific scenarios you mention would illustrate only a minor change to the previous system.

    Where in the current state, this is as near as a revamp "from the ground up" of a system that was in place for nearly 2+ yrs if I'm not mistaken. Which TBH is difficult for me to place in the same category of your hypothetical changes.

    I personally would like to see some other viable solution found in place of the standard RDT's and am only slightly opposed to them for the handful of reasons I had already mentioned and not solely based on Kabams stated reasoning as you have reiterated.

    I for one cannot agree with any rule being "set in stone" when there is oviously changes that could be made that were never given an opportunity to take into consideration when those rules were made. And isnt that one of the purposes of the forums? To discuss and come up with ideas and reasons why some changes to the status quo might be necessary?

    Well, yes. The Forum is here to discuss. Having said that, the response given time and time again by the Moderation is the "final word", as per the TOS. People are free to share thoughts and ideas. When you have an issue that has been addressed countless times in the last 6 months or so, there is very little possibility for a revisit of the issue. I'm sorry, but I don't agree that this situation makes an exception to that. Both based on my personal views and by applying what has been stated by Moderation. My logic is not just because "Kabam said so.". It's based on an understanding of the game itself, the purpose of content, the In-Game Value, the onus of making decisions, what the changes do and do not affect, what affect the Tickets have on the overall system as a whole, what their actual purpose is, and yes, how the Players feel. I'm not ignorant to how people feel. I'm just not altering my understanding of the factors based on that.
    The Tickets were originally introduced to allow people to adjust their Rosters after the changes to Champs. Simultaneously, there were changes to the system. As a result of that, we were afforded a certain amount of freedom with how we used both rounds of Tickets. The misconception was that they were strictly for the changes to the DR System. That wasn't exactly the case. They were for the nerfs. We were given the freedom to readjust our Rosters in lieu of that, but they were created for changes to Champs.
    This is not the same scenario. The changes to War have absolutely no effect on how a Champ performs. Nodes are Boosts. They're additives. Sometimes Inhibitors. They don't actually alter the Champs. War has always been an elective process. People could just as easily have used SG on Thorns if they wanted to. Clearly not the best option, but an option nonetheless. They're not in control, and thus not responsible, for who people Rank and what Node they use them on, or what they use them for in general. People make their own choices, for their own reasons. The ability to discuss it is not what I am debating. We're free to do that within the rules of the Forum. What I can't support is the idea that Tickets should be given when that contradicts not only the purpose of them, but the entire design of the game itself. Not based on elective choices.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    no
    @BuzzLightyear , thats uncalled for and has no relevant bearing to this poll or the discussion. I would like to request that you remove or edit that out of your post please.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 30,645 ★★★★★
    yes
    @WOK Just use the Flagging Function. They're just trying to bully me out of the conversation. It's not going to work. Moderation can take care of it.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    no
    Well, I dont beleive its my position to flag anyone, and just hope that something like this doesn't reflect negatively on the rest of the community.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 30,645 ★★★★★
    yes
    WOK wrote: »
    Well, I dont beleive its my position to flag anyone, and just hope that something like this doesn't reflect negatively on the rest of the community.

    That's entirely up to you. I'm just pointing out that anyone who is that inappropriate is not going to respond to being called on it. The Flagging Function is there for a reason. If something is inappropriate, then that's what we use it for. It's their Account, not mine.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    yes
    CoquiFongo wrote: »
    R4GE wrote: »
    I finally had to block that guy. He's in an alliance with a 400 war rating and constantly argues AW against the community -sigh-

    Where did you see he is in a 400 war rating alliance? And yes I agree, that does affect someones opinion on this issue. It is the same as someone who has never driven a car in a major city discussing traffic jams.

    Also as for the topic, I am torn between RDTs and not having them. While I agree that the game should be 1 direction, you rank, who you rank, and don't look back. Part of me also agrees that with major changes to the game it affects how champions are utilized. For example I was torn between using a Generic on Dormamu or Mordo and taking them both to 5/50 for war but now thats not needed since my alliance mates have them. While I am glad I didn't, I would be upset if I had.

    And yes the game is about progression and ranking up champions, but MR. GW its not all about ranking everyone as soon as you get them, that is a waste of materials and planning. Hence why I have enough mats to R4 two 5 Stars but I won't because they will not change my PI or team, so why waste the mats.


    -Aerial Ignorance signing off.


    PS I still think we should be asking for more materials to rank champions instead of switching them, but something needs to be addressed about all of the alliances with 10x Magiks, Juggs, NC, Mordos, and Spiders collecting dust now in our accounts.. And don't say Glory since those T2s are an insult.

    I agree entirely. I have always strongly opposed a return of rank down tickets because of the way they tend to get used and can off set the game. But now I feel its Kabam who has off set the game and forced us to pull champs out of defense that we did use resources on.

    I am not one to waste resources and I sit on them for the right champ. Because of that I aimed for the top defenders and chose to rank them accordingly. Now we have players with ranked defenders that hold no value as attackers and now have to build resources back up and consider some new terrible options? It seems like a loose loose.

    More materials would be great, couldn't come soon enough. Just guessing, but I don't see the resources coming in quick enough to counter the years worth of resources lost.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 3,828 ★★★★★
    no
    WOK wrote: »
    @BuzzLightyear , thats uncalled for and has no relevant bearing to this poll or the discussion. I would like to request that you remove or edit that out of your post please.

    I don't understand why that clown isn't banned for that....maybe no mods on this late?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 30,645 ★★★★★
    yes
    danielmath wrote: »
    WOK wrote: »
    @BuzzLightyear , thats uncalled for and has no relevant bearing to this poll or the discussion. I would like to request that you remove or edit that out of your post please.

    I don't understand why that clown isn't banned for that....maybe no mods on this late?

    It's late.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 3,828 ★★★★★
    no
    danielmath wrote: »
    WOK wrote: »
    @BuzzLightyear , thats uncalled for and has no relevant bearing to this poll or the discussion. I would like to request that you remove or edit that out of your post please.

    I don't understand why that clown isn't banned for that....maybe no mods on this late?

    It's late.

    We're here, they should be here as well! haha
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 30,645 ★★★★★
    yes
    danielmath wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    WOK wrote: »
    @BuzzLightyear , thats uncalled for and has no relevant bearing to this poll or the discussion. I would like to request that you remove or edit that out of your post please.

    I don't understand why that clown isn't banned for that....maybe no mods on this late?

    It's late.

    We're here, they should be here as well! haha

    They're usually not far off. Lol. I'm not sweating it. I just let them do their thing. They need rest, no doubt. Lord knows I would if it were my job. Lol.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    no
    Just to add, if anyone happened to look up my profile to see where I stand, unfortunately its too late because earlier today, I had regretfully left my alliance of 1yr which I had helped build since day 1. My disenchanment with the abundance of issues being so prevalent with no timely resolutions set forth has brought me to this point. My modest lineup consists of 2 5/50 4*'s and no 5* above 2/35 which gave me firsthand experience of how painstaking it is to max rank a champ for certain game aspects and also how dissapointing it can be to see such efforts of 2+ yrs be relegated to frivolity whithin a matter of days.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 30,645 ★★★★★
    yes
    WOK wrote: »
    Just to add, if anyone happened to look up my profile to see where I stand, unfortunately its too late because earlier today, I had regretfully left my alliance of 1yr which I had helped build since day 1. My disenchanment with the abundance of issues being so prevalent with no timely resolutions set forth has brought me to this point. My modest lineup consists of 2 5/50 4*'s and no 5* above 2/35 which gave me firsthand experience of how painstaking it is to max rank a champ for certain game aspects and also how dissapointing it can be to see such efforts of 2+ yrs be relegated to frivolity whithin a matter of days.

    We have no requirement to verify Accounts to participate in a discussion. That behavior is not appropriate for this Forum. You don't have to worry about being judged.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    yes
    WOK wrote: »
    Just to add, if anyone happened to look up my profile to see where I stand, unfortunately its too late because earlier today, I had regretfully left my alliance of 1yr which I had helped build since day 1. My disenchanment with the abundance of issues being so prevalent with no timely resolutions set forth has brought me to this point. My modest lineup consists of 2 5/50 4*'s and no 5* above 2/35 which gave me firsthand experience of how painstaking it is to max rank a champ for certain game aspects and also how dissapointing it can be to see such efforts of 2+ yrs be relegated to frivolity whithin a matter of days.

    Don't think anyone actually looking up player profiles. That guys just on every thread and has obviously shared his info before on the forums and with the disturbances he seems to enjoy to create his info has started to circulate.

    Sucks that you let the issues get the best of you and push you away though (seems to be what you were saying). Think rather than just quit is why we all hit the forums hoping to be heard and get issues resolved so that doesn't happen.
  • yes
    danielmath wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »
    WOK wrote: »
    @BuzzLightyear , thats uncalled for and has no relevant bearing to this poll or the discussion. I would like to request that you remove or edit that out of your post please.

    I don't understand why that clown isn't banned for that....maybe no mods on this late?

    It's late.

    We're here, they should be here as well! haha

    They're usually not far off. Lol. I'm not sweating it. I just let them do their thing. They need rest, no doubt. Lord knows I would if it were my job. Lol.

    This is my favorite post to ever hit this forum. I almost choked on my drink when I read it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 30,645 ★★★★★
    yes
    Just so we're clear, I have never shared my Profile online.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 3,828 ★★★★★
    no
    WOK wrote: »
    Just to add, if anyone happened to look up my profile to see where I stand, unfortunately its too late because earlier today, I had regretfully left my alliance of 1yr which I had helped build since day 1. My disenchanment with the abundance of issues being so prevalent with no timely resolutions set forth has brought me to this point. My modest lineup consists of 2 5/50 4*'s and no 5* above 2/35 which gave me firsthand experience of how painstaking it is to max rank a champ for certain game aspects and also how dissapointing it can be to see such efforts of 2+ yrs be relegated to frivolity whithin a matter of days.

    Since you're a pretty (or very) casual player, the new easy AW actually helps you a lot. You should be really enjoying the changes to the game since it's good for casual players. I'm surprised you would quit at this time.
  • yes
    Still a big fan of calling em reverse rank stones and killing off the only argument most people have against them tbqh. Yeah, it's dumb. But so are diversity and wars now.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    no
    @R4GE , I appreciate the sentiment, and TBH I'm hoping it won't be a permanent departure. But I felt it was necessary because my lack of enthusiasm and reluctance to play could have easily affected the rest of oir alliance members progress in a negative way. And as a leader/officer, that wasn't something I was willing to jeapordize.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    edited September 2017
    no
    danielmath wrote: »

    Since you're a pretty (or very) casual player, the new easy AW actually helps you a lot. You should be really enjoying the changes to the game since it's good for casual players. I'm surprised you would quit at this time.

    I wouldnt consider myself a casual player actually. LOL
    I've been playing 2+yrs, and have put in an easy avg. of 3-5hrs of gameplay at an avg. of 6days a week. Been with a total of 3 alliances during the 1st half and with my current alliance since. We're around middle range I would hope with about 1030(or so) war rating and approx. 4mil+ alliance rating. I have consistently ranked top 5 most and never ranked under 10th in every alliance event. But if thats considered casual then yes, I stand corrected. LOL

    We've gotten our faces bashed in more than I'd care to remember, but the old War setup had its flaws also, but was enjoyable in the sense that we were given a challenge to step up and do our best to rise to the occasion with difficult matchups, and we needed to play our best and also taught us humility when it was obvious we stood no chance.
    With specifically to defender kills, in more closely fought wars, it was compelling to try and "guestimate" where we were in relation to victory, and made every atk fight KO or victory hinge on that fact.
    There have been times where we were overzealous and ended up losing because we tried to force the issue when we didnt have to allowing the opponent more points, and there were times when we averted defeat by pressing the atk.
    That's been taken away along with a number of other things that for me personally turned AW to a very pedestrian time kill.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 3,828 ★★★★★
    no
    WOK wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »

    Since you're a pretty (or very) casual player, the new easy AW actually helps you a lot. You should be really enjoying the changes to the game since it's good for casual players. I'm surprised you would quit at this time.

    I wouldnt consider myself a casual player actually. LOL
    I've been playing 2+yrs, and have put in an easy avg. of 3-5hrs of gameplay at an avg. of 6days a week. Been with a total of 3 alliances during the 1st half and with my current alliance since. We're around middle range I would hope with about 1030(or so) war rating and approx. 4mil+ alliance rating. I have consistently ranked top 5 most and never ranked under 10th in every alliance event. But if thats considered casual then yes, I stand corrected. LOL

    We've gotten our faces bashed in more than I'd care to remember, but the old War setup had its flaws also, but was enjoyable in the sense that we were given a challenge to step up and do our best to rise to the occasion with difficult matchups, and we needed to play our best and also taught us humility when it was obvious we stood no chance.
    With specifically to defender kills, in more closely fought wars, it was compelling to try and "guestimate" where we were in relation to victory, and made every atk fight KO or victory hinge on that fact.
    There have been times where we were overzealous and ended up losing because we tried to force the issue when we didnt have to allowing the opponent more points, and there were times when we averted defeat by pressing the atk.
    That's been taken away along with a number of other things that for me personally turned AW to a very pedestrian time kill.

    Oh the new AW sucks i agree with that, i just assumed you were really casual cause only 2 5/50s and no 5 stars ranked up in 2 years doesn't seem like you play much (or just are happy in a low alliance). Didn't mean it to be offensive or anything.
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    no
    @danielmath , non taken! Hehe, I'd be the first to admit that my progression of champions is somewhat on the lower end of the spectrum when compared to others. I would like to consider my timeline as fairly avg between those that can afford more time and resources to invest and those that cannot and also membership in a strong alliance(tiers 1-5) is important. We consistently teetered in the tier 6 to 9 range for AW, and ran nothing higher than Map5(rarely) for AQ . But would like to consider myself as a passionate and involved player.
  • ZitoKinZitoKin Posts: 29
    So nerfing champs makes them less desirable to rank up, do you agree? Well Kabam does! That's why they gave out rdts after 12.0

    Also, making a champion, or multiple champions, much less useful would AGAIN make them less desirable to rank up, right?

    So it's only logical to want rdts!

    We're not talking about nerfs to Champs. That's the whole point. We're talking about changes to War. The whole point of Diversity is using a variety of Champs. That's contradictory to the idea of Tickets because the Champs are still the same, and the point is to Rank others. Not take what you put in some and put it in others.

    My point is simple, with nerfs kabam did stuff to make some people wish they never ranked up a champ, then they granted that wish.

    Now they've made some other people wish they never ranked up champs again.

    So it's only logical to want more rdts.

    It has nothing to do with want. The way the Champs functioned changed. That is not the case here. They changed the Champs themselves with 12.0 and 12.0.1. They didn't change the Champs with 15.0. They changed War. Big difference. The Tickets are not for changes to content.

    RDTs were issued because Kabam knew players wanted to rank down champs as a result of changes to the game made by Kabam.

    Now Kabam has made more changes.
    Now players want to rank down more champs.
    And now....
    more RDTs.

    Don't argue with this smartass, you'll never win an argument with this cuck anyway.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 30,645 ★★★★★
    yes
    Ryansapph wrote: »
    worst thing they ever did was give out RDT now every change that they dont like its "we want rank tickets now, and if you say no (which they've said MULTIPLIABLE times is NO,) we create several dozen threads about crying and whining about it. I will tell you all how this ends, ready?, here comes the spoiler in case you dont want to read it i will even label it for you.

    spoiler

    When it comes to getting more rank down tickets
    .
    .
    .
    .
    The answer is still NO

    Multipliable. Good use of the word. :) I agree.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 30,645 ★★★★★
    yes
    deadscoob wrote: »
    .....
    This is not the same scenario. The changes to War have absolutely no effect on how a Champ performs. Nodes are Boosts. They're additives. Sometimes Inhibitors. They don't actually alter the Champs. War has always been an elective process. People could just as easily have used SG on Thorns if they wanted to. Clearly not the best option, but an option nonetheless. They're not in control, and thus not responsible, for who people Rank and what Node they use them on, or what they use them for in general. People make their own choices, for their own reasons..

    This is where you are absolutely wrong. Certain champs have been designed to work better in areas than others, e.g awd vs awa, that is a fact. Kabam have created the path for players to go down and removed individual choice, assuming players want to win, which is the purpose of war. There was ultimately no option other than rank up specific champs to stay competitive, which again, is the path kabam lead you down.


    No one has removed anyone's choice. People Rank who they choose. That has always been the case. The majority of the Champs in question have been created before Wars existed. Giving a Champ unique Abilities does not mean they made someone Rank them for AW alone. It's their product. They obviously want people to take full advantage of the Champs they create. In fact, they are careful not to create Champs that play to one area alone for that reason. What we're talking about here is choice. People make their choices. Whether based on popular opinion, or some personal goal, they still choose who they Rank. The game has always been elective in that sense. People can play how they want within the structure. Sometimes the structure changes. That doesn't make the Ant Mans or the Juggernauts behave any differently, and Ranking them is not for nothing. The game is built around progression.
Sign In or Register to comment.