**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Can a 5/65 Unawakened Colossus do LOL?

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
I've seen people like KT1 absolutely breeze through LOL with an awakened Colossus, but would an unawakened Colossus be able to do it? Would the strategy be to spam sp1 to gain permanent armor ups or just keep hitting sp2s. I don't have Aegon, so he's my best option. Got any thoughts or tips? Thanks.

Can a 5/65 Unawakened Colossus do LOL? 32 votes

Yes
62%
NumanStingerbkDonnymeijmanveertherealLegendboy2411Scrubkiller_1EtjamaArsozBerjibsKing_Leo321walkerdogCaptainGameodishika123AsIsGrassMJROCKSHoodie25Red_GuardianYeetusTheFoetus100100La_Princesa 20 votes
No
37%
Ghostspider231WarBros23LordRaymond3Kill_GreyTripleUBonzodavidMomoAkaMauricePyrdalowlevelplayerM_Master19Lucifer1810JragonMaster170 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★
    No
    He would be able to do it, but it will really not a good option. I definitely wouldn't reccomend it
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Voted wrong, thought I saw awakened. Unawakened, I wouldn't.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    No
    Special one spamming will waste a tremendous amount of time, the stun you inflict will waste your parries as well.
    By the time you've gotten all your perma armors and ready to do SP 2's you'll probably be dead to random evade or second enrage.
  • Options

why'd you R5 him unduped? colossus is a champ that 1000% needs sig

He's still pretty insane unawakened, I use him for literally everything unawakened with the Omega Red synergy
  • Options

Special one spamming will waste a tremendous amount of time, the stun you inflict will waste your parries as well.
    By the time you've gotten all your perma armors and ready to do SP 2's you'll probably be dead to random evade or second enrage.

You make a good point. I'll wait till he's awakened then.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    edited July 2020
    Yes
    He could totally do it with the Emma synergy.

Just spam sp1 and after 20 cycle sp2 as fast as possible. With Emma synergy you’re throwing a special nearly every combo after a while.

Do a few fights and see how many hits you’re getting them down in.

Awakened r5 no boosts w/Emma and omega short fights are roughly 200-250 hits long fights 400. You could use 200% power boost to cycle sp2 faster.
  • Options
    Yes
    My colossus is awakened but if I just use sp1 up to 20 armours vs starlord then it’s the same fight as unawakened right?

• Options
    King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    Yes
    Yes he can. Spam Sp1 to make 20 permanent armors and after that use as ma y Sp2 as you can. Omega red and Emma frost synergy needed.
  • Options
    Yes

Have you used him in LOL?

You don’t need to parry, with Emma synergy you are throwing so many specials you are nearly always building them to a bar of power so you can punish theirs. The stuns aren’t wasted as you can land a massive heavy or start a new combo.

If you can’t intercept or or find another way to an opening on the rare occasion you’re not punishing a special, you can use sp3 effect to start combos.

I’d estimate you’ll be at 20 armour before 100 hits, probably 80-90. At that point you’re hitting like a fricking truck, no way on the world you’re going into the final enrage timer.

• Options
    Yes
    There you go, for a laugh I did starlord no parries, sp1 until 20 armour then sp2s.

Emma/omega/beast/SIM

(Ok, I accidentally do 2 parries 😂)

I’d say you’re good to go dude.

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    No
    Berjibs said:

Have you used him in LOL?

You don’t need to parry, with Emma synergy you are throwing so many specials you are nearly always building them to a bar of power so you can punish theirs. The stuns aren’t wasted as you can land a massive heavy or start a new combo.

If you can’t intercept or or find another way to an opening on the rare occasion you’re not punishing a special, you can use sp3 effect to start combos.

I’d estimate you’ll be at 20 armour before 100 hits, probably 80-90. At that point you’re hitting like a fricking truck, no way on the world you’re going into the final enrage timer.

🤔. Maybe I was wrong....
  • Options
    AsIsGrassAsIsGrass Posts: 48
    Yes
    He Definitely can, everyone who says no hasn't done it w/ him themselves. Use sp3 and spam sp1 and build a butt load of armors (20 is good). Practice ur intercepts but even if ur not that good at intercepting u can actually block bait heavy to get an opening, these armors raise your physical resistance by a lot so u can block when u absolutely need to. His armors are so strong I even ate an sp3 from maestro and still was way over 50% health and took him out in 1 try w/ colossus.

His awakened ability and high sig helps when u throw sp2s and want to use this method to build armors. It is faster to deal damage this way but I still played colossus as if he was unawakened (spamming sp1) and still had a good time in LOL. Just make sure u bring a magik counter along w/ his full synergies. Gl when u do it 👍
  • Options
    AsIsGrass said:

He Definitely can, everyone who says no hasn't done it w/ him themselves. Use sp3 and spam sp1 and build a butt load of armors (20 is good). Practice ur intercepts but even if ur not that good at intercepting u can actually block bait heavy to get an opening, these armors raise your physical resistance by a lot so u can block when u absolutely need to. His armors are so strong I even ate an sp3 from maestro and still was way over 50% health and took him out in 1 try w/ colossus.

His awakened ability and high sig helps when u throw sp2s and want to use this method to build armors. It is faster to deal damage this way but I still played colossus as if he was unawakened (spamming sp1) and still had a good time in LOL. Just make sure u bring a magik counter along w/ his full synergies. Gl when u do it 👍

Thanks for all the advice bro. This is making me want to r5 Colossus. Should I bring a 4/55 Blade to counter Magik?
  • Options
    Berjibs said:

There you go, for a laugh I did starlord no parries, sp1 until 20 armour then sp2s.

Emma/omega/beast/SIM

(Ok, I accidentally do 2 parries 😂)

I’d say you’re good to go dude.

Now this, this is awesome bro.
  • Options
    AsIsGrassAsIsGrass Posts: 48
    Yes

AsIsGrass said:

Thanks for all the advice bro. This is making me want to r5 Colossus. Should I bring a 4/55 Blade to counter Magik?
    😬 might cost more than if he was at r5. I used torch w/ prefight so I'm not sure how well blade does at r4
  • Options
    AsIsGrass said:

AsIsGrass said:

😬 might cost more than if he was at r5. I used torch w/ prefight so I'm not sure how well blade does at r4
    Alas, if only I had a HT. Might have to spend some extra resources on revives for Blade then.
  • Options
    Yes
    I used 565 blade w/ sparky vs magik and died because I didn’t kill her fast enough. After the enrage timer limbo was kicking in despite boosted danger sense and being in assassins range. I only just missed the timer and if I had even an orange attack boost on would have had no issues but alas I ran without boosts.

R4 is almost def gonna hit the timer prob about 30-40% of the fight left.

I have deep wounds at max fwiw
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Doable but the Dupe would make it Significantly Faster and Easier, strategy without Dupe would probably be Sp3 then Sp1 till you get 20 Permanent Armor Ups.
  • Options
    Yes
    I found an old fight vs starlord with sp2 spam it’s no faster...

Differences between the fights would be in the sp1 spam tactic starlord definitely threw specials a bit more freely. Defo lost a little flow a couple of times baiting and dropped to 20 but I’m not sure if the Ai were the same it would account for anything more than 10% less hits over the fight.

Same synergy team Emma/omega/beast/SIM

Sig 70-80 not really sure as I’m slowly creeping him up.

So, not sure where significantly faster is coming from?

Is that comment theoretical or proven?

Maybe nearer max sig or vs for eg agent venom where you are gaining Armour from immunity?

Don’t wanna be a geek too much but I’m going for 100% with colossus so always testing new synergy teams and ways to make him faster, not saying I’ve cracked it yet so keen to learn if there’s a way to get starlord closer to 300 hits. For me that would be significantly faster...

• Options
    Berjibs said:

I found an old fight vs starlord with sp2 spam it’s no faster...

Differences between the fights would be in the sp1 spam tactic starlord definitely threw specials a bit more freely. Defo lost a little flow a couple of times baiting and dropped to 20 but I’m not sure if the Ai were the same it would account for anything more than 10% less hits over the fight.

Same synergy team Emma/omega/beast/SIM

Sig 70-80 not really sure as I’m slowly creeping him up.

So, not sure where significantly faster is coming from?

Is that comment theoretical or proven?

Maybe nearer max sig or vs for eg agent venom where you are gaining Armour from immunity?

Don’t wanna be a geek too much but I’m going for 100% with colossus so always testing new synergy teams and ways to make him faster, not saying I’ve cracked it yet so keen to learn if there’s a way to get starlord closer to 300 hits. For me that would be significantly faster...

Dang, I'm a bit jealous of that 5/65 awakened Colossus lol. I think I will be using that synergy team as well, but maybe swap in Juggernaut somewhere for the +1% increased attack per armor up? Good luck in your 100% push!
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Yes
    Where is idk option