**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Reasoning behind 1 hour AQ energy

Ok so I'm sure y'all get this all the time, but I don't understand the reasoning behind having to wait an hour for AQ energy. People have busy lives and sometimes are limited as to when they can dedicate a solid couple of hours playing. For example, I have several people in my alliance who just started back to school. So in the evening they can help out a lot, but are limited because of the down time between energies. Then they can hop on for a few minutes before school, but aren't able to help in the third section where we need them most. When occasionally AQ timers get set to 30 minutes, it's easier to coordinate with everyone in the alliance to complete maps. When they're at an hour, people have to live their lives and not just sit and wait for their energy to refill. Bottom line, when timers are at 30 minutes we complete all bgs in AQ. When timers are at an hour, we may complete 1 bg. Also, I see more bickering within my alliance when timers are at an hour and officers getting frustrated more often. So with all of that said, can someone please explain what the rationale behind 1 hr timers is. It seems like they're more beneficial to people who can dedicate chunks of their day to playing this game, while hindering people who have busy lives but still want to enjoy this game and progress. I know my measly little opinion may not matter, but my whole alliance feels this way. Please help make me understand so I can in turn make them understand.

Comments

• Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    You need to find a new alliance or kick people. Your post should answer your own question (when timers are 30 minutes you complete all bgs, when timers are at 1 hour you complete maybe 1).

Aq is not a challenge. The time management of onenhour timers is the only semi-challenge there is. I banged my head against the wall for a long time with inactive people on my alliance. Got to get rid of people who can't keep up with aq consistently (everyone has real life stuff and when you are constantly checking a game for the same one or two people, it messes with everyone's real life).

Everyone in my alliance is an adult with kids/jobs. We get map 5 cleared early (my bg usually before 9 am central). It might sound harsh, but it's better for enjoyment of game and life. If you dont want to replace people, do map 2 or 3 which isn't as time pressured.
  • Options
    Josh056Josh056 Posts: 126
    I understand all of that. And I try to keep the alliance from being a revolving door. We're more than stong enough to handle map5. Still doesn't answer my question as to why timers are an hour. Just seems arbitrary.
  • Options
    There are no GOOD reasons for hour timers. The one valid reason is to keep players in the game as much as possible throughout the day. I get it from a business standpoint, but have yet to see it stated as clearly from Kabam. The best Kabam can do to explain hour timers is to say the maps were built for hour timers, but they shoot this logic down themselves everytime they reduce the timers. Kabam also claims some people are punished with 30 min timers, since they can't log in as often. So if they can't log in as often, aren't they better off with more energy when they are finally able to log in? The last reason for hour timers is challenge, but why in the world should the game be a challenge just because you have to play it sitting on a toilet at work?

Exactly
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Yes. It can also hinder diversity of playing with people from other countries in other time zones. We have the energy/timing issue too and it does not always have to do with alliance member dedication.
    IF kabam was just trying to keep a capitalist model of the game then they would offer 1 AQ energy for 30 units or something along those lines. That or how about adding an alliance wide AQ "boost" that reduces timer to 30 sec. for a single AQ.
    The hour is a pain. I've seen plenty of top tier competent map5 and map6 alliances complain about it on the forum as well.
  • Options
    ^^ Very well said @King_turd123

What really bugs me about the "aq was designed for 1 hour timers" statement, which loosely translates to "bleep off, this is how it is, so deal with it" are as follows:

Black widow was designed so when at sig 99, no electrostatic, evade, regen, etc from opponent

The item inventory was designed to have unlimited items

Lc/de/wp/coag were designed to not lose health when properly aligned

I had more examples, but they escape me at the moment. Moral of the story: initial designs get changed when they benefit the game.
  • Options
    WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    It's more lazy designing by kabam. It's not the timers that make us lose aq it's the fights it's self. The b it's we have to combat etc on top of super intelligent AI it has nothing to do with a timer period. As someone who does map 5 and has never not had a finish. It's really not that hard to move around the map. If anything 30min timers would make it a god send but kabam again won't listen to the people.
  • Options
    1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    Fthewigg wrote: »
    ^^ Very well said @King_turd123

What really bugs me about the "aq was designed for 1 hour timers" statement, which loosely translates to "bleep off, this is how it is, so deal with it" are as follows:

Black widow was designed so when at sig 99, no electrostatic, evade, regen, etc from opponent

The item inventory was designed to have unlimited items

Lc/de/wp/coag were designed to not lose health when properly aligned

I had more examples, but they escape me at the moment. Moral of the story: initial designs get changed when they benefit the game.

when they benefit the game? yep never when they benefit the player
  • Options
    But the aq timers have nothing to do with their cash flow. If that was the case then they should allow us to use units to get single alliance energies.
  • Options
    Theory being the more time you're in the game, the more opportunity to $pend, opposed to 30 minute timers allowing you to complete it sooner, and possibly go elsewhere with your time and money.

Just a theory, and not a conspiracy theory, a hypothetical scenario actually.