**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Noob Forum Advice

This thread is meant to be a constructive general discussion on possible suggestions for people new to these forums strictly between players and not directed to moderators or kabam as that clearly would be against the forum rules.

I've been playing this game for over a year and just now found my way to these forums. It didn't take long before I 'allegedly' got warned for a thread that might have happened. According to the forum rules I don't think I'm allowed to talk about that either... but I digress.

So I'm looking for some tips on how and what is actually allowed to be discussed here.

As I read the forum rules, it clearly says that threads meant for or specifically directed at moderators or Kabam are prohibited. So I'm very confused as I read these threads that 60%+ are directed at Kabam or Mike or other mods.. Now the majority of these threads go on without issue, so it's confusing that some are or some aren't allowed to continue.

I've also noticed a pattern that any thread that expresses any negative opinion of MCOC, kabam, or moderators is struck down and deleted almost immediately. This is very confusing.

How do I best judge on whether a thread will get deleted or not, as after the 'alleged' incident, I studied the forum rules very closely, and I almost feel obligated to report all these threads that clearly are against the posted rules.

From what I've seen is it pretty much any negative opinion that will cause a thread to get closed? If that's the case where do we go to discuss things that may not put kabam in the best of light? I mean we are all here because we are customers, and if we can't address Kabam directly here or talk negatively about Kabam, how do they possibly get an understanding of how their customers feel about them?

Is the general rule of the land that if you don't have something nice to say? I 'allegedly' got another warning for making a joke about a fictional character...that's not allowed either it would seem.

So if anyone could give this noob, and I'm referring to myself and no one else or no fictitious character when I say that, some advice on how not to get warnings or deleted threads I'd appreciate the constructive feedback.

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    People don't care if they break the rules but they'll keep posting asking why Kabam deleted their threads. Just ignore those posts
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Yeah they've never deleted any thread I've ever made. They closed one, but only because they answered the question.

Basically if you don't flame anyone or call them out and actually come here to talk about the game you're all good.
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    I don't know man. I'm jailed, have no idea how I got any of the 3 warnings, but mods are so busy that they can't even answer our questions. The rules aren't clear enough for the most part.

What constitutes as rude? If I say I think an idea wouldn't work, it might hurt the user's feelings. Does that make it rude?

What about no duplicate posts? What if you make a bug report, but that post is deleted because the way you phrased it was rude, so you restate it in a polite way? Is that a duplicate post? Are you just never allowed to report that bug again?

What if a moderator gives you a warning and you don't get it? Can you not ask about it? If a mod says your post was offensive, and you say "the guy above me said about the exact same thing", is that questioning the moderator?

I just feel like the rules need desperately rephrased. They're hard to understand, and the rulings are often times very subjective. (Also, Kabam, none of those happened to me. They're random, made-up examples. Don't ban me for publicly displaying mod conversations.)

To the OP, just lay low for awhile after getting a few Warnings. So, do the opposite of what I'm doing. I've seen people who've done a perfect job of following the rules get 1 controversial Warning, and then they basically get stalked and Warned for small, debatable comments until they're gone. You get monitored much more closely after a couple Warnings, which makes sense, but in some instances, gets good users in big trouble over tiny things.
  • MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Hypothetically , if I got a warning because to speak of it would be against the rules, If i made a joke about Kamala...no cursing, nothing sexual, something you could say to a 5 year old happened, then what your saying is it's 3 strikes your out? Wow, and the moderator say is final so, I guess my experience is just to not speak, and if you do make it an uplifting comment about someone else or mcoc?

If I made a North Korea censoring reference that would most certainly go terribly wrong, but thanks guys good info, however completely left to the whim of the powers that be? and no disputting it, seems to be the consensus based on your constructive feedback?
  • MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    My only unanswered question is where do we go for complaints or concerns? I've dealt with in-game 'help' tickets before and my experience is with people who have no concept of how the game works or what this game is actually about. I get repetitive 'cut and paste' responses and, granted, I'm stubborn, I kept trying over and over and over but I finally conceded that contacting the support group would lead me to aspirin and no solutions so I realize that that's a dead end. I had higher hopes here.

So maybe I'm the first one ever to come here and find constructive criticism to be banned, closed, deleted and ignored...but I don't know what other resources are available to kabam players?

Any advice? It's frustrating when you either get censored to the point you can't express your concern or deal with people who don't even address the issue your experiencing because they have no concept of the game.

At the risk of being 'warned' banned or jailed...I believe I have a valid point and I'm open to any constructive advice moving forward....
  • If something is wrong with your game, send lots of screen shots and follow up with them, I have had a bit of success with things like missing rewards.
    Probably of no benefit to ever mention names, player or mod, and just keep it constructive, look in threads for where mods reply and point out where players are being constructive as examples to go by
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    Phantom wrote: »
    I don't know man. I'm jailed, have no idea how I got any of the 3 warnings, but mods are so busy that they can't even answer our questions. The rules aren't clear enough for the most part.

What constitutes as rude? If I say I think an idea wouldn't work, it might hurt the user's feelings. Does that make it rude?

What about no duplicate posts? What if you make a bug report, but that post is deleted because the way you phrased it was rude, so you restate it in a polite way? Is that a duplicate post? Are you just never allowed to report that bug again?

What if a moderator gives you a warning and you don't get it? Can you not ask about it? If a mod says your post was offensive, and you say "the guy above me said about the exact same thing", is that questioning the moderator?

I just feel like the rules need desperately rephrased. They're hard to understand, and the rulings are often times very subjective. (Also, Kabam, none of those happened to me. They're random, made-up examples. Don't ban me for publicly displaying mod conversations.)

To the OP, just lay low for awhile after getting a few Warnings. So, do the opposite of what I'm doing. I've seen people who've done a perfect job of following the rules get 1 controversial Warning, and then they basically get stalked and Warned for small, debatable comments until they're gone. You get monitored much more closely after a couple Warnings, which makes sense, but in some instances, gets good users in big trouble over tiny things.

You've received details on your infractions and engaged in private message arguments with several members of our staff, mostly surrounding the semantics of 'what is being rude?'. Instead of trying to find loopholes based on this type of argument, I would suggest you focus on re-reading the rules. There are only so many times that our team is going to respond to these arguments, when they could be moderating publicly viewable comments, or getting other players answers to their questions from the game team.
This discussion has been closed.