**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Labyrinth evade bugged ?

In labyrinth of legends there is quote ‘a chance to evade’. Not only is this evade annoying in itself, but it can not be countered by evade counters such as ghost whose abilities state that critical hits can not be evaded. When fighting star lord, I dashed back and hit my special at the same time which should guarantee crits, which can’t be evaded, and he evaded the first hit. Thankfully the other parts of the special got through due to the wasp synergy but this was a big pain throughout the fight, and it’s incredibly unit grabby to have this evade which can pretty much kill you in the second phase of enrage if you get unlucky, as the opponents hit so hard that if you get clipped by this incredibly annoying mechanic which can’t be countered seemingly in labyrinth you’re pretty much dead or close, along with the stun mechanic it’s pretty much immediate doom which isn’t very fun.

Comments

• Options
    BestReconBestRecon Posts: 516 ★★★
    It’s not bugged, it’s always been like this. LOL seems to have some sort of special evade, good thing this doesn’t happen in abyss though.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Na, it's pretty much bugged, because those special evade counters weren't in the game upon release of LoL. They seemingly haven't updated the range of what should counter the evade yet. Don't think they will.
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★

Na, it's pretty much bugged, because those special evade counters weren't in the game upon release of LoL. They seemingly haven't updated the range of what should counter the evade yet. Don't think they will.

Yeah the only evade counter that was in the game at the time LOL was released was true strike/true accuracy, like the one aegon has so that is the only way to bypass the evade
  • Options
    Rickroll_123Rickroll_123 Posts: 32
    Thanks. I don’t think they’ll change such an old piece of content, but it is annoying for people like me trying labyrinth and it is pretty demotivating for me to be evaded especially when I have a character who has a function to counter evade which seemingly doesn’t work.
  • Options
    Just seems like a bit of a unit grab tbh.
  • Options
    I did my first clear with ghost as well. Rank 4, full synergies, max suicides, max recoil, max boosts. Wasn't too much of a big deal for me, and it actually went quite fast. Under 2 hours. She might not be able to counter their evade, but not having to block, her heavy hitting specials and basic attacks, her unique and risk reducing playstyle, makes it all worthwhile and as easy as possible. Almost all fights ended in under 200 hits each. Spent quite a lot of revives and pots, but most were because I couldn't phase recoil due to lag. And lag in general was quite a pain lol.
  • Options
    To counter lab evade, you have to use true strike or true accuracy (since that's pretty much half of true strike). I believe those were the only ways to counter evade when lab came out. Due to that reason and more, aegon is the best option nowadays.
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Yes things are different in lab. It’s not broken it’s working as they intended it to work. Sometimes Aegon doesn’t even stop the evade. I have true accuracy active and got an evade yesterday. Third run for me and it’s happened. It’s just how it is. Just be careful with it. Ghost does not counter it either.
  • Options
    LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    If your desperate Killmonger might work. When he first came out I did a path with him, took really long, but they didn’t evade although I don’t know if it still works.
  • Options

Thanks. I don’t think they’ll change such an old piece of content, but it is annoying for people like me trying labyrinth and it is pretty demotivating for me to be evaded especially when I have a character who has a function to counter evade which seemingly doesn’t work.

You want demotivating? You should have tried LOL early on. Do the easy path with 4* 2016 champs because you don't have any viable 5* options. Many of us had to do that if we wanted to compete in the prestige race for AQ. It was a struggle.

If you try this and then go back to your ranked up Ghost, you might find a new appreciation for how much easier Labyrinth is these days.
    Well it’s obviously easier now. Like lol if it wasn’t that would be a bit concerning because it would mean kabam would have not released any better characters which would be a bit pathetic. Doesn’t mean it’s still not annoying, I did eventually get the fight down in over 800 hits tho. Also it’s not my problem you played in 2016 and decided that u we’re going in with a 4 star, and obviously found it hard. Like that’s inevitable. Then you complain about it and turn it on me. It’s rlly not my issue that u for some reason decided to go in with a 4 star back then and found it hard which if u go in even with the new champs as 4 stars is pretty difficult. It’s obvious if u use a 4 star in labyrinth ur not gonna have the easiest time. Obviously I have that advantage but if there is an evade counter not countering evade maybe I should complain? Because from pretty much every other evade character I’ve fought with ghost not a single other character has evaded my crit outside of the labyrinth opponents. That’s why I brought it up. People are saying it’s not bugged which is fine, but I was simply asking.

• Options
    Anyway I got the one shot
  • Options
    Mayis said:

I think there is a bug on the forums: some people come here and call champs or their abilities bugged while they are just misreading/misunderstanding something. Hope we'll get a fix with next patch

What exactly did I misread? Care to elaborate? Because in ghosts abilities it says critical hits can not be evaded and apparently that can in labyrinth. However, in the mark of the labyrinth abilities it doesn’t state anywhere that the evade can not be surpassed. The only mention of it is a ‘chance to evade’.

• Options
    Mayis said:

Mayis said:

I think there is a bug on the forums: some people come here and call champs or their abilities bugged while they are just misreading/misunderstanding something. Hope we'll get a fix with next patch

What exactly did I misread? Care to elaborate? Because in ghosts abilities it says critical hits can not be evaded and apparently that can in labyrinth. However, in the mark of the labyrinth abilities it doesn’t state anywhere that the evade can not be surpassed. The only mention of it is a ‘chance to evade’.

You misreaded my comment, it says misreading/misunderstanding, not misreading only. If u can't read a sentence properly, I don't think u can understand all of the complexity of the game. Sorry :(
    Bro u aren’t even cavalier so be quiet lol. Also I didn’t misunderstand anything so..

• Options
    Unless u can tell me what I misunderstood, then I’ll agree with u
  • Options
    What I meant was that u r telling me I don’t understand the game when I am further in progression than u.... unless u don’t understand that...

• Options
    Anyway I don’t want to argue with u anymore even tho I have no idea what I misunderstood or misread in the game so I’m sorry
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

You want demotivating? You should have tried LOL early on. Do the easy path with 4* 2016 champs because you don't have any viable 5* options. Many of us had to do that if we wanted to compete in the prestige race for AQ. It was a struggle.

If you try this and then go back to your ranked up Ghost, you might find a new appreciation for how much easier Labyrinth is these days.
    Well it’s obviously easier now. Like lol if it wasn’t that would be a bit concerning because it would mean kabam would have not released any better characters which would be a bit pathetic. Doesn’t mean it’s still not annoying, I did eventually get the fight down in over 800 hits tho. Also it’s not my problem you played in 2016 and decided that u we’re going in with a 4 star, and obviously found it hard. Like that’s inevitable. Then you complain about it and turn it on me. It’s rlly not my issue that u for some reason decided to go in with a 4 star back then and found it hard which if u go in even with the new champs as 4 stars is pretty difficult. It’s obvious if u use a 4 star in labyrinth ur not gonna have the easiest time. Obviously I have that advantage but if there is an evade counter not countering evade maybe I should complain? Because from pretty much every other evade character I’ve fought with ghost not a single other character has evaded my crit outside of the labyrinth opponents. That’s why I brought it up. People are saying it’s not bugged which is fine, but I was simply asking.

I seem to have struck a nerve. That wasn't my intention.

I also wasn't complaining, just telling you how it was while simultaneously trying to give you some perspective. For many players in 2016, Labyrinth was only piece of content left to do and it was basically required if you wanted to be in a competitive alliance. This was back when t4cc were rare as hen's teeth and t2a even more so.

I saw it as a challenge to have to take in my 5/50 Starlord with Ant Man and Yellowjacket synergies to boost the timer a bit. I could get about 160 hits in before the timers expired. And that final boss was frustrating since he could trigger a regen and you just had to quit and try again.

I know plenty of players who were in that same boat. It can be entertaining to see newer players bash the "fairness" of Labyrinth when they're using very strong/new champs at much higher ranks than was possible back when we did it. I was just trying to bring you in on the experience. You don't seem to want the perspective. No worries. Good luck.
  • Options

I seem to have struck a nerve. That wasn't my intention.

I also wasn't complaining, just telling you how it was while simultaneously trying to give you some perspective. For many players in 2016, Labyrinth was only piece of content left to do and it was basically required if you wanted to be in a competitive alliance. This was back when t4cc were rare as hen's teeth and t2a even more so.

I saw it as a challenge to have to take in my 5/50 Starlord with Ant Man and Yellowjacket synergies to boost the timer a bit. I could get about 160 hits in before the timers expired. And that final boss was frustrating since he could trigger a regen and you just had to quit and try again.

I know plenty of players who were in that same boat. It can be entertaining to see newer players bash the "fairness" of Labyrinth when they're using very strong/new champs at much higher ranks than was possible back when we did it. I was just trying to bring you in on the experience. You don't seem to want the perspective. No worries. Good luck.

I see what ur saying.no hard feelings, I understand that it was a lot harder back then and I’m in a much better position than u were at the time so it would have been even more stressful for you compared to the new player if that makes sense.