Old content is much more fun than endgame content.

OmegaBreadOmegaBread Member Posts: 3
I miss the good old days of Act 5, when block damage wasn’t a problem but simple nodes like masochism and bane were a pain. So I decided to start a new account.

My new account which is less than a week old and has 4* Aarkus Vision, 4* Ronin and 3* Void is more enjoyable than my old account with 5/65 Doom, Nick Fury, CAIW, Domino, Omega Red, and Cap. Marvel.

The last time I remember having fun was exploring act 5 two years ago. Nowadays, content like act 6, abyss, Labyrinth exploration, V1, V2, V3 do nothing but stress me out so much by being difficult, I hate my endgame account so much because all the easy and fun content is already explored.

When I say difficult, I’m talking about numbers, enemy attack is so high, the one thing that kills me most is block damage.

Now that I have a new account, I don’t ever feel like playing with my old one, because of block damage and I’m not enjoying myself at all.

Comments

• This content has been removed.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Member Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I think act 5 actually has a fair amount of block damage tho...
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Member Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Nostalgia is clouding your vision.
    You probably weren't focused on block damage back then because of how annoying bane and masochism were.

Abyss and labyrinth don't have high attack values and the Variant block damage is manageable. They've already announced a substantial act 6 attack value nerf

I'm glad you enjoyed exploring act 5 but I can't call having to fight the collector multiple times or 5.3 exploration fun unless I'm held at gunpoint
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Member Posts: 1,144 ★★★★★
    I mean he’s not entirely wrong..
  • YcatsYcats Member Posts: 146 ★★
    What are you talking about the attack values are nowhere near high in the variants, Labyrinth or Abyss. Even in Act 6 the attack values are only really high in 6.3 and 6.4. It seem to me you just like really easy content which is a fair stance to have but to misrepresent other content makes you seem very disingenuous.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    People go into Act 5 with champs and ranks that didn't even exist in the game when it released. Go take it on with a bunch of 2016 4/40 4*s and come back and talk about how easy it is. Some people had a R4 5* but those were few and far between for a lot of it. Most people were taking on large portions of it with 4*s or R3 5*s at best
  • This content has been removed.
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Well, in fairness to Kabam they are addressing these issues in the latter half of the year. A few hours ago they announced the changes to 6.2.6 Champion, reducing his block penetration from your soul to just your clothing and possibly a bit of dignity.

They intend on stripping out the attack values of Act 6 by 40-60% IIRC and I believe that Act 7 will have an entirely new design philosophy. I think that Act 6 is always going to be something that has to be endured. I'd like to think that Act 6 is where we all earn our spurs and prove that we've got what it takes and Act 7 is all about celebrating our rosters.
  • DJMNHDJMNH Member Posts: 723 ★★★
    TheD00M said:

Welcome to the reality. Old content is skill based while the new one is roaster based. Having so many champs with older mechanics wouldn’t make sense since you would have too many champs and no point in using them. Book 2 ACT 1 (aka ACT 7) as well as new Cavalier difficulty will be made in such a way that you need to have a wide range of champs because Kabam finally realized that it doesn’t make sense to be able to fully explore something by just using same 4-5 champs.

Like his words or not, but he spoke some good facts.. now majority of things are roaster based...
  • DJMNHDJMNH Member Posts: 723 ★★★
    Just to keep things simple and easy..

"Too much of cooks spoils the food."

Now I guess there are various content creators into it apart from the few during earlier times, which as a result leads to various ideology to put into display.. I feel kabam should keep the content simple and straight and fun oriented, and not goof it up too much which later causes them to nerf like these days
  • Deadlygamer98Deadlygamer98 Member Posts: 743 ★★★
    Insightful