Options

Arena Death Matches Past Streak 20

In the last arena series (the extra DPX one), I kept getting matched against opponents 5* Rank 5 and above even if I used a 5* Rank 5 myself. Typically, you would only see these Death Matches if you used rank 1 champs or low rank 2. I thought the algorithm had finally changed. However, the current arena series has reverted to the old algorithm where you get matched against opponents with slightly lower PI than your own.

What gives? Fighting opponents with higher PI obviously nets more points. You're able to reach milestones quicker. This was great for someone like me who only plays arena for milestones. So what was that? A trial? If so, please make it permanent.

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,270 ★★★★★
    The problem is other people are playing as well.
  • Options
    noynoy Posts: 56

Can you explain? Are you saying no one played the DPX arena? DPX has consistently gone above 40 million so there are obviously a ton of people playing.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,776 ★★★★★
    That isn't even a "death match" ... That's how it always had been ...
    The opponent team is essentially at the same rating as your's. If you wan't win, that's really your problem
  • Options

That isn't even a "death match" ... That's how it always had been ...
    The opponent team is essentially at the same rating as your's. If you wan't win, that's really your problem

If I wan't win? Sorry. I don't understand.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,270 ★★★★★
    noy said:

Can you explain? Are you saying no one played the DPX arena? DPX has consistently gone above 40 million so there are obviously a ton of people playing.
    What I'm saying is the Arena usually has the same threshold and it changes based on the pool of Champs in it. The Total PI required to avoid Deathmatches has increased because there are more R5s present (R2 and R3 6*s). Which means people have to use higher Teams, and not everyone is capable of keeping up with that. Other people have to play as well, and they don't all have Rosters as developed.
  • Options
    arekttarektt Posts: 4
    I got the same opinion that arena has changed. I play 4* basic and I was able to hit win streak 100 easily last week on Nova. The recent arena with 4* Annihilus gives me constantly death matches if I play something lower than 3 x 4* R5. I had to spend units a few times to keep streak. I lost my streak once anyway when got matched with as twice PI as my team and there were some heavy champs. Anyway I got all milestones so give up for now.
  • Options
    arektt said:

I got the same opinion that arena has changed. I play 4* basic and I was able to hit win streak 100 easily last week on Nova. The recent arena with 4* Annihilus gives me constantly death matches if I play something lower than 3 x 4* R5. I had to spend units a few times to keep streak. I lost my streak once anyway when got matched with as twice PI as my team and there were some heavy champs. Anyway I got all milestones so give up for now.

Hmm... This is what I want actually. But I'm not experiencing in the current Sasquatch arena.
  • Options
    GoldenArchivistGoldenArchivist Posts: 14
    In 4* Featured Sasquatch arena I am, more often than not, getting 2 choices that are considerably op and one that is about even or underpowered. This is with teams that are 13k or higher before advantages. It never exits this phase now, going up to almost match 200, where I got a triple op selection with a team just under 13k. That used to be the threshold in 5* featured for death matches, but now it may be in 4* Featured as well.