**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bait

HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
Somebody please tell me how one baits, I've been trying to figure it out for a while and I'm sure others have too. Any tips or suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Baiting is not a game mechanic. It's just something that happens through you trying to manipulate the opponent into using their specials.

Basically you need to be patient. When the opponent is blocking I go in for a dash attack, dash back and see what the opponent does. I usually block, although sometimes you can dash back again cause the opponent is charging you.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Quite a few ways to do it. Won't go into all of them since it would take forever to type out but I'll mention a few I like to use. Basically you want to block as little as possible and make it seem like the special will hit you.

One method is to allow your champ to run towards your opponent (not a dash attack, just don't use any controls and it will automatically move forward). If they attack, dodge back and either do the same again or if they continue to be aggressive keep avoiding each attack. Sometimes when all of that misses they launch a special at the end of it all or in the middle somewhere. If they don't attack you, just dodge back and allow it to run towards your opponent again. This is not particularly useful against opponents with MD as you'll keep resetting dexterity. For those dodge back earlier than normal to avoid triggering it.

Another method is to parry, stand still in front of your opponent without blocking until the stun is about to wear off. At that point dodge back and either parry again or try the method I mentioned above if they haven't already used a special. Quite often both of you will dodge back after the stun expires leaving a big gap between you. The key is again not to keep blocking too much.

If you're baiting early, you can strike their block a few times and back away before finishing the combo. If you finish it they'll probably hit you so never do that against a blocking opponent. But I very often land 4 and then back away. Sometimes they'll use a special from that. None of these methods are guaranteed to work and sometimes you'll need to combine them and be very patient. Occasionally you'll come across some that are really stubborn and you can bait for a minute or more. Also keep in mind that all of these are ineffective against all or nothing opponents.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    I'll add 1 of my personal favorites to megaskater's recommendations:
    Stand over your opponent after your special has knocked them down. The key is to have enough confidence to not block or evade until you see the screen darken from the baited special... the AI will regularly attempt to stand up and hit you with an instant special if it senses that you are not blocking. (This is nearly foolproof if you have the AI backed into the corner when you knock it down).
    There are several other bait tactics that work fairly consistently but the #1 key is to make sure you are not blocking. Good luck!
  • NEONEO Posts: 347
    Lol
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    HeroBoltsy wrote: »
    Somebody please tell me how one baits, I've been trying to figure it out for a while and I'm sure others have too. Any tips or suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Try with your left hand. Then, work with the right. One day, with both. Soon you will be a master at baiting.

Is that supposed to be a reference? Because I don't watch too many movies. Unless you're serious, in which case, I guess I'll try???
  • HawkeHawke Posts: 46
    I can't stand Dave from Dork Lessons (MCOC youtuber) but his "How to bait like a ninja" video is very useful. Check it out
  • HeroBoltsy wrote: »
    HeroBoltsy wrote: »

Try with your left hand. Then, work with the right. One day, with both. Soon you will be a master at baiting.

Is that supposed to be a reference? Because I don't watch too many movies. Unless you're serious, in which case, I guess I'll try???

Yeah movies help
  • superboy87superboy87 Posts: 24
    yeah dork lessons work. Or you keep parrying like 3-4 times consecutively. parry + wait + parry + wait... that way. after that he will use his special. works for me...
  • i use the snap back rythm a lot, so all i will say is that hit the opponent while blocking, keep doging back attacks and dont block a lot. if all fails and you get backed up into a corner, parry, wait. parry wait. if this fails, FIGHT TILL YOUR DEATH! this is why try and bait sp1s, cause if you fail, you have sp2 to work with. baiting is the best way to intercept, fastest way to learn and you can probably beat winter soldier rol with a 3* star lord with it.
    try looking at dorky diggity daves channel. personally, bait in arena till you learn, i hated this advice too, but no better advice then this...
    p.s. the game is slightly broken, ai is more aggresive, you will have it tougher to learn how to intercept. try baiting kangs sp1 for practice in act 2. not too difficult, but without decent champs and skills, not too easy either. also, DEXTERITY is a must!!!!!!!! if you want to bait, get dexterity mastery first. just hope you dont meet and mystic champs along the way:)