**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

How long have you played, and what is your perspective on the game currently?

Comments

• VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    <6months
    Started this game January of this year when I was looking for a decent Marvel game.
    Got hooked. Completed Act 4 by February. Tried Act 5 until 5.1.5.
    Got burnt out by April, mainly due to Arena grind, and uninstalled the game.
    Heard the news about the new roadmap from Seatin early this July.
    Installed the game again. Got Uncollected yesterday.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    4 years
    started december 2015. I went through a period last year of getting cheesed off with constantly getting dupes from crystals and hardly anyone new, but I've got over that hump and am mostly happy. I was still enjoying the event quests, though.

By contrast, I'm fed up to the back teeth of Future Fight and its stale repetitive modes and frankly crud updates and intend to quit soon.
  • Lucifer1810Lucifer1810 Posts: 366 ★★★
    1 year
    No 6-12 months option? Been playing since 8 months.
  • ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    Started almost three years ago. Having more fun than ever. I’m not quite endgame (not touched AoL yet, almost 100% variant 1 with all others done, act6 50% explored, 100% lol) and I like that the content I have left to do still provides a challenge.
    As a free to play and not a massive grinder, I go for completion of new content as soon as I can which usually costs me a bunch of units (rule of thumb is 300 units per map) then slowly going back to explore which is always a lot easier as my roster keeps getting better, and my skills too I guess (variant 1 full exploration currently costing me less than the first run I did about a year ago).

Not sure what to think yet about the direction given by the road map, I like the crazy challenge given by act6, or don’t find the new war map to be worth all the complaining it was greeted with. Getting a bit worried the game will move to making content too easy.
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,545 ★★★★
    4 years
    So far so good...
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    4 years
    I joined just before hyperion and HtD were released, been a lon journey. Took one or two big breaks because of my med school, but the game has definitely improved drastically since back then.
  • Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    1 year
    Cumulatively 1 year+. Started in 2018 feb, quit in oct came back in Feb 2020
    Life is probably gonna ruin it for me but I'm looking forward to the new stuff coming up
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    3 years
    I joined when Bishop and ST were new. I thought it was a fun little game, and I got hooked. I've completed/explored Variants, completed Act 6, and 100% LOL.

The problem is that I've recently lost the urge to play as much because I left my alliance. People always talk about how it's freeing to finally leave your alliance, but for me, it just demotivated me. Maybe because it's because we broke up over drama, and we'll never speak to each other again, or maybe it's just me.
  • IryseIryse Posts: 462 ★★★
    5 years
    5 years since 2015 but on and off. Finally got a grip last year to play non stop and I must say the progress is easy if played continuously. Just needs proper time investment.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 ★★★★★
    2 years
    Excited for what's planned, happy with my roster, having fun for the most part. Try not to take things too seriously.
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    will be 5yrs in October F2P for life... the game has its ups and downs literally. I like where we are going! Just wish for more stability with the servers. have 2 accounts one on 6.1.2 other 6.1.6!! Just chilling enjoying the ride.

Grind on!
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    5 years
    It obviously has been really good overall. The last year we got neglected as a fan base but with the new road map I like the direction they're headed. They need to complete every last talking point in the road map they addressed and they need to listen to the fan base sooner.

Also, continue the QOL improvements for players like myself who want to start a family but would like to continue playing at high level. Basically we need an arena replacement or something to go along side arena that doesn't take as much time.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    2 years
    We are in a perfect storm. With champions that are so OP that require OP bosses that ruin everyone who didn't hit the lottery. The way this game has worked, can't continue. But if Kabam flips everything upside down, they risk losing everything. I've seen games trying to re-invent themselves, it doesn't work. I give it two years before everything crashes down. Kabam hopes they can release the next game and hold on to as many customers they can.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    4 years
    The game had it's ups and downs, but I'd say we're currently in an upswing content and development-wise. Greater control of the champions we spend our hard-earned resources on has been a long time coming. This had been my biggest gripe.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    edited July 2020
    4 years
    It's a fun game yet I was a on and off player and I just got back into the game this year
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★
    1 year

It's just more than six months since I started (January) and I'm more than happy with my progress (act 5 complete, ROL complete, Road to the labyrinth done till chapter 4 quest 2) and I have two 5star r4 champions (warlock and proxima midnight) and 9 5stars in total, I'm also ftp

• JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 771 ★★★
    5 years
    MaxGaming said:

It's a fun game yet I was a on and off player and I just got back into the game this year

I’ve taken 2-3 big breaks as well. I don’t see how people grind for years on end consistently.
  • KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 192
    edited August 2020
    5 years
    They don’t test things properly and create content that’s more burdensome for the rewards
    They shouldn’t make it where it’s grueling to finish content.

For example the northern expedition quest imo is a huge pain and I almost don’t even care to do any of it because it’s tedious and annoying for ok rewards
    They shouldn’t put things like buffet and diss track where you can attack endlessly and get no where, you have to meet one requirement then work around another node.
    I don’t like having to “think out” the paths, I want to get on do it once and finish
    Not have to go in and out and be left with a headache after

Neither of my accounts have done abyss, nor completed act 6 because it’s just too much hassle
    Sometimes it puts me in an extremely negative mood and angers me to the very core of my being at how the game plays at times.
  • mdsubmdsub Posts: 180
    5 years
    It’s a mixed bag, Kabam has added lots of great content since the game started. The champions that have been added are great & the fact that they’re working on fixing under powered champs is great even if it’s overdue it’s a positive thing. The game has been unstable but the compensation had been good. That’s some positive....

The negative, .......in 5 years I’ve seen a lot of bait & switch where Kabam releases a high prestige overpowered champ, people spend to get the champ, Kabam will milk it thru crystal offers then nerf the champ. The game lagging & crashing while you’re doing content that effects other people who are relying on you to clear you line is the most frustrating, being punished losing half health when it happens is nearly enough to drive me to quit the game. It’s also frustrating when it happens in arena & costs you a win streak. The inclusion of 3 stars in Cav crystals is poop, 4 stars at least give a decent amount of gold & iso when duped not the case with 3 stars.

All in all it’s a mixed bag, some positive changes have started but there’s a lot of work to be done for the game to reach its potential
  • UfuomahUfuomah Posts: 37
    4 years
    4 years.
    The game still manages to be interesting regardless of the fact that I usually pull the worse champions in the game. I have opened over 20 featureds this year and never gotten a featured champion, maybe because I haven't spent a dime on the game. My friends who whale out pull all the best champions even from basics. There is no balance in mcoc.
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 460 ★★★
    4 years
    October 2015 so close to my 5th year and I've had a few burnout brakes, but the games been okish for the most part. I don't think I'll be playing forever but I'm still here at the meantime 😂
  • Bolt_3Bolt_3 Posts: 38
    5 years
    meh
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    5 years
    From Day 1 of general release, and my personal opinion is that this game is gonna take it to another level over the next six months
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    4 years
    I like it now. When started I really needed to rely on being in an alliance to progress. I don’t necessarily play well with others so usually ended up with me getting kicked out when I would take breaks during the day to you know, work and sleep.

Now I can progress as a solo player with new acts, variants, arenas, uncollected events.

When I started only 3 acts, no shards, 4stars were highest champs available. It’s better now.
    And the amount of champions now is insane
  • PotatolegionPotatolegion Posts: 290 ★★
    5 years
    I think it's improving.