**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

iOS 11 goes live tomorrow

Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
Does anyone have the beta and can confirm if iOS 11 works with this game?

Comments

• Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I bet it gets fixed quicker than android 8 if it doesn't
  • Options
    Pre ordered bug for ios just for you guys make it 1-1
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Just don't update
  • Options
    It works perfectly fine. Been on developer and Public beta (iPhone 7) for while and have had no issues.
  • Options
    FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    Nice to know. I have my iPhone 8+ coming on Friday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Fluffy wrote: »

So jelly of your shiny new phone!

On a more serious topic, I just checked with the team and they advised that we are technically supporting iOS 11 on launch day. There might be some new features that are specific to iOS 11 that aren't available yet, and like with any new software release there is the potential for some small hiccups, but there shouldn't be anything major.
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I’ve been on the gold master beta for over a week and have had 0 issues.
  • Options
    FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    Android is certainly very popular, but not all Android devices are equal. Samsung, LG, Motorola and various other manufacturers over lay Android with their own "flavor" of Android. Apple's iOS 11 is the same whether it's on 6, 6S, 7, or 8.
  • Options
    Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    Oi unfair, Droid users cant update to Oreo but iOS users can ? Eugh, #BreakTheGameFor3Days!
  • Options
    SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    I can also confirm my game has worked just fine without any hiccups since I’ve done the iOS 11 beta, and had the early download of the iOS 11 since this pasted Thursday. Nothing has blown up.
  • Options
    Im about to make that leap of faith too lol need my MCOC workin good!
  • Options
    Donn1Donn1 Posts: 48
    Ad0ra_ wrote: »
    Fluffy wrote: »

So jelly of your shiny new phone!

On a more serious topic, I just checked with the team and they advised that we are technically supporting iOS 11 on launch day. There might be some new features that are specific to iOS 11 that aren't available yet, and like with any new software release there is the potential for some small hiccups, but there shouldn't be anything major.

This comment just proves how much iOS is favoured over Android. As usual Android is completely neglected and people are still reporting the game isn't working for them on Android 8.0 (must be a few weeks now), yet you're giving iOS users confirmation the game will work even before their update is released...why is Android neglected so much!??

• Options
    ackrite26ackrite26 Posts: 51
    Lo4eath wrote: »
    Oi unfair, Droid users cant update to Oreo but iOS users can ? Eugh, #BreakTheGameFor3Days!

iPhone users can't update to Oreo either :neutral:
  • Options
    ZerovZerov Posts: 26
    One of the issues I'm experiencing is that the MCOC app times out a lot faster than before. For example, I used to be able to let it sit for a few minutes and return to the gameplay. Now, it usually times out and I'm forced to restart the app.
  • Options
    same here about the time out... the app keeps restarting every a few minutes it's in the background
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    Lo4eath wrote: »

Only some Android issues are experiencing problems with Oreo - it's not all users across all devices. It IS however very frustrating for those experiencing it, and we are working to resolve it. Android issues can be harder to solve not because we are not dedicated to the platform as much as we are to iOS, but because there are hundreds more Android devices and each of them can handle apps and even the Android OS slightly differently. Troubleshooting can be harder as a result. Apple has a very closed, more tightly controlled ecosystem and that can make certain things much easier in some instances.

For those discussing specific technical issues, please ensure that you are doing so in the Bugs forum. Since the original question was answered, gonna lock 'er down. If you encounter any hiccups or blips with iOS 11, you know where to go to report 'em! Thanks :smile:
This discussion has been closed.