**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Corvus

LucianoDelHoyaLucianoDelHoya Posts: 1,458 ★★★
He's the one who has Eluded me as a 5* or 6*

Saved up 40k 5* shards rite no and got Trash from 4 cosmic/tech crystals all Dupes who i don't need.

I see alot of people bring him into AQ/AW where he thrives dam i even popped the Cosmic Cavs to try but can never pull him rite no.

Any how i don't have any new champions who have been released recently

Comments

• KingKiahKingKiah Posts: 192
    Damn that sucks
    I have an r4 5* corvus and dont use him besides war
  • Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    I never really understood how good he was until I got him from the compensation nexus
  • UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 514 ★★★
    KingKiah said:

Damn that sucks
    I have an r4 5* corvus and dont use him besides war

He rules AQ as well. Get 2 or 3 charges and he will cut through opponents. I take him up against Doom and can either take a huge chunk out of him or take him out entirely.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    When my friend opened a nexus 5* from compensation, she got corvus, storm sig and drax. We went with storm for 6* shards, as she was clos to next 6*, but also because she already has best cosmic champ (Hyperion). You don't really need corvus for anything, and I belive there is nothing special in his gameplay. Correct me if I'm wrong
    But I can relate to not pulling champ you want, been chasing 5* Magik for years.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

When my friend opened a nexus 5* from compensation, she got corvus, storm sig and drax. We went with storm for 6* shards, as she was clos to next 6*, but also because she already has best cosmic champ (Hyperion). You don't really need corvus for anything, and I belive there is nothing special in his gameplay. Correct me if I'm wrong
    But I can relate to not pulling champ you want, been chasing 5* Magik for years.

you don't know how to play corvus, do you? His damage is super good after a couple of ramp up fights. Just target mutants, evade/auto-block champs, avengers, and tech champs. Each gives a cruelty that makes his guaranteed crits hit much harder

Aleor said:

you don't know how to play corvus, do you? His damage is super good after a couple of ramp up fights. Just target mutants, evade/auto-block champs, avengers, and tech champs. Each gives a cruelty that makes his guaranteed crits hit much harder
    I actually do. I even play that boring ML combo for more power when I use him.
    Don't you know symb nullifies all buffs at the start of the fight? That you don't trigger any buffs while soul prison is active vs mephisto? That every time you hit bwcv or man thing, your buffs will go away?
    On my second account I have r2 or r3 5* corvus and r4 4* Colossus and Hyperion. And Colossus and Hype do a lot more than corvus. Only use corvus when I have to brute force something I don't have a counter for.
    ItsDamien said:

Aleor said:

Aleor said:

Don't you know symb nullifies all buffs at the start of the fight? That you don't trigger any buffs while soul prison is active vs mephisto? That every time you hit bwcv or man thing, your buffs will go away?
    On my second account I have r2 or r3 5* corvus and r4 4* Colossus and Hyperion. And Colossus and Hype do a lot more than corvus. Only use corvus when I have to brute force something I don't have a counter for.
    Don't you know that Sym Supreme nullifies those armour ups and that power gain. Don't you know that Mephisto stops the armour up from triggering with soul imprisonment.

Your own argument plays against itself. You don't bring certain champs to certain match ups because they're bad for those particular match ups. That's common sense.
    Looks like I was actually thinking about another corvus thread when posted here)
    I use Colossus and Hyperion more because they are not limited with 20 hits. But also if you bring hype vs symb/mephisto/bwcv/manthing, you still can do those fights, as you can trigger buffs on heavy during the fights if you want to, and can just go full power and not use sps or heavy - you will get cosmic charges increasing your attack, and do these fights relatively effective. Even those fights, wich are bad for Hyperion. Colossus would be probably even better for mephisto, as he's incinerate immune. The point is they don't rely on couple of buffs as much
    Also, vs mephisto I belive you gain cosmic charges at the start of the fight, as your power gain is not activated.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

ItsDamien said:

Aleor said:

Aleor said:

Don't you know that Sym Supreme nullifies those armour ups and that power gain. Don't you know that Mephisto stops the armour up from triggering with soul imprisonment.

Your own argument plays against itself. You don't bring certain champs to certain match ups because they're bad for those particular match ups. That's common sense.
    Looks like I was actually thinking about another corvus thread when posted here)
    I use Colossus and Hyperion more because they are not limited with 20 hits. But also if you bring hype vs symb/mephisto/bwcv/manthing, you still can do those fights, as you can trigger buffs on heavy during the fights if you want to, and can just go full power and not use sps or heavy - you will get cosmic charges increasing your attack, and do these fights relatively effective. Even those fights, wich are bad for Hyperion. Colossus would be probably even better for mephisto, as he's incinerate immune. The point is they don't rely on couple of buffs as much
    Also, vs mephisto I belive you gain cosmic charges at the start of the fight, as your power gain is not activated.
    Sure but neither of those are ideal match ups. Just because they can be done doesn't make them good either.

Just because I can use a shoe as a hammer, doesn't mean that I'm going to put a nail in a wood frame effectively.

Also 20 hits is way more than enough to close out a lot of fights outside of the endurance fights of RoL LoL or AoL. Even then Corvus is extremely useful for high burst damage in AoL for the last fight because you want as much damage done in as little time as possible.