**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Diversity war example. Alliance with less skills win again

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    Diversity is here. It would make sense to focus on it if a Win is the objective.
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Your ally actually has less skill... how can you only put up 85 points in diversity and then post a moan about you lost.

Do you not know how scoring works...

Whether you agree is a different thing, but come on a his is just a terrible effort and your deserve to lose.

Ps. Your opponent still killed all 3 bosses so are not that badly skilled
  • Options
    TBJ1118TBJ1118 Posts: 228
    edited September 2017
    Oooh so you placed a defense with mainly mordo dormammu juggy magik nc hyp and so on while they placed s..t for diversity, yet you think you outskilled them? Easy breezing through an ineffective defense and then crying about being more skilled. You know how the scoring system is now, I don't like it either but I adapted, organized my whole alliance and via spreadsheets I composed a 150 diversity defense, and we have won all wars since. The last time was against a 14.8M alliance, we are barely 10M. Don't come crying here, you are not more skilled, just disorganized.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Tbj is right, our defense has been mostly r4 **** defenders so the opponents who set hard defense and lose will be feeling like you are, we put the **** defense in cos that is the only way to win now if the other team can 100%. we are 4/5 in new war, without using items, lost that 1 cos we missed a boss kill which we could have bought if we wanted but that's not our ethos.
    But I say bring on the changes no one is enjoying putting Kamala khan in defense while their r5 nc is good for nothing now
  • Options
    now, winning not depend of def diversity again, but def rating
    if attack kill and def diversity are all the same, the only thing different are def rating
    not fun, when u lose just cause u are shortage of points from def rating
  • Options
    R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    It is true, AW requires less skill to win now. I can't agree with some of the comments that your alliance has no playing skill because you chose not to use diversity, thats absurd. But they are right on the fact that you took a big risk opting out of using diversity when the scoring system now favors it. Everyones gonna fully explore, everyones gonna drop bosses, and we all know the tie breaker is gonna be diversity. Those solid defenders we are all used to only really matter on main boss and mini boss positions. Other than that, they are worthless. I hate diversity and the lack of challenge, also know its here to stay and nothing is changing that. While I feel the need to complain about diversity and my hatred to it, I don't feel the need to complain when I lose to it if my alliance takes the risk of ignoring the new most crucial part of the scoring system. That would be our own fault.
  • Options
    WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    edited September 2017
    I have to agree with most that to not adjust and do our best to use diversity to our advantage is pretty foolish, especially with the fact we know how much of a game-changer it is. Also agree with @R4GE that regardless of how much we don't like the new changes, complaining about losses won't do us any favors IMO. I believe we should objectively complain and argue the fact that there are flaws with the results of scoring, bugs, and the slow response with fixes(should have never went live in its current state IMO) rather than focus on losing.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I don’t get posts like this. If you only have n 85 in diversity compared to a 121 in diversity you SHOULD get way more kills. It has zero I do with your alliance’s “skill” and more to do with the fact that you get to face the opposing alliance’s mediocre defenders while your alliance continues to put out strong defenders.

In other words, if your alliance is placing 5 ncs, and 5 magiks and 5 juggs and 5 dorms (all with max me) and your opponent is placing spider Gwen, iron patriot, luke cage, news flash: your alliance should get more defender kills.

Frankly, your alliance should have easily won this war since the other side only placed 121 diverse defenders. You guys need to have a better strategy. We can all complain abou the new scoring system (I have done so a lot). But you need to have a better understanding about scoring and the level of competition difficulty. One glance at the score sheet you posted can show what happened.
  • Options
    Run477 wrote: »
    I don’t get posts like this. If you only have n 85 in diversity compared to a 121 in diversity you SHOULD get way more kills. It has zero I do with your alliance’s “skill” and more to do with the fact that you get to face the opposing alliance’s mediocre defenders while your alliance continues to put out strong defenders.

In other words, if your alliance is placing 5 ncs, and 5 magiks and 5 juggs and 5 dorms (all with max me) and your opponent is placing spider Gwen, iron patriot, luke cage, news flash: your alliance should get more defender kills.

Frankly, your alliance should have easily won this war since the other side only placed 121 diverse defenders. You guys need to have a better strategy. We can all complain abou the new scoring system (I have done so a lot). But you need to have a better understanding about scoring and the level of competition difficulty. One glance at the score sheet you posted can show what happened.

Those great champs no longer have the nodes available to make them better than what they are. Its a lot like fighting them in an arena setting now, with just a slight buff. So they are getting walked over almost as easily as Groot, KK, IF, Spider Gwen, etc etc.

Still useful as mini bosses and bosses. But thats about it
  • Options
    R4GE wrote: »

Those great champs no longer have the nodes available to make them better than what they are. Its a lot like fighting them in an arena setting now, with just a slight buff. So they are getting walked over almost as easily as Groot, KK, IF, Spider Gwen, etc etc.

Still useful as mini bosses and bosses. But thats about it

I don’t disagree necessarily. But multiple Spider-Man or magik or nc on ehnhanced ability, or juggs/nc/spidey on limber, etc give the chance at kills. So if I am placing a top champ on all the limber tiles (there are at least 8 not including miniboss), there is a chance at a few kills there. But generally yeah, we use almost no items in war anymore bc they aren’t needed to be used for 100%
  • Options
    But that doesn’t change my point that a juggs SHOULD be more likely to get a kill than spider gwen
  • Options
    And one last thing. As much as I dislike the new system, the old system wasn’t flawless. We had many losses where the other side just spent obscene amounts of items to win. But st least we still had enjoyment in those losses
  • Options
    But that doesn’t change my point that a juggs SHOULD be more likely to get a kill than spider gwen

I agree, just not how it is anymore. The nodes suck. Of course, everything depends on what tier you're in. I'm sure in the lower tiers those champs are still shutting down lower players still learning how to fight them.
  • Options
    WC303WC303 Posts: 88
    y2ievq0o640p.png

So...does this alliance that beat mine have more skill because they earned more diversity points? Look at the defender kills.
  • Options
    Sky_kittySky_kitty Posts: 245
    We lost only bc they put 140 defenders...
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    WC303 wrote: »
    y2ievq0o640p.png

So..does this alliance that beat mine have more skill because they earned more diversity points? Look at the defender kills.

They have more skill as they read the rules and how to score points... followed it as best they can (al be it 94 is still poor effort) and look the won - which is ultimate aim whether you like the rules or not
  • Options
    I didn't start this thread, and I'm not complaining. We will adjust. My point is that saying the other alliance has more skill isn't accurate. In the case of my alliance's most recent war (pictures above) the opposition didn't place any 3* champs. They placed all 4* and 5* champs. Yes, they beat us according to the scoring guidelines, but that doesn't mean they are more skilled. Kabam has taken skill out of alliance war completely. Is coordinating with your alliance mates in each BG and having everyone place different champs a skill? I mean, you can call that communication skill, but is this a game about who can communicate better? Last I checked this is a fighting game. Learn the different strengths and weaknesses of each champion. Practice fighting opponents to become better at it. Win fights to earn better rewards. Isn't that the point of the game? We can place 50 different 3* champs in each battle group, go up against an alliance that is rated millions of points higher than us, get annihilated by their defence and spend units to revive, and we can still win. I'm sorry, that isn't skill. That's called a Kabam money grab. Spend units on crystals. Get more champs. Spend units on revives and potions. Win alliance war. It all goes back to Kabam's mission statement: Spend money. Get rewarded. It's nothing new.
  • Options
    WC303 wrote: »
    y2ievq0o640p.png

So...does this alliance that beat mine have more skill because they earned more diversity points? Look at the defender kills.

They certainly have better matching and logic skills. If you would have used diverse defenders you would have easily won (which again, is an idiotic metric for war and should be gotten rid of—stilll can’t grasp how this is anything but a sheer money grab trying to get people to buy crystals)
  • Options
    Right. We'll adjust. It's just such a blatant money grab.
  • Options
    MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    edited September 2017
    I don't think it is easy to say they have you have more skills or they have less. If you go up against an ally playing for max diversity and your ally is playing for strong defense. Of course you should have more defender kills, your defense is harder and of course they will have less defender kills their defense easier. So it is just a strategy play. Eventually they will get it sorted out, I know people are spending to get to 100%, I know it for a fact. And that is what Kabam wants. They said it in the onset, they didn't want people giving up so early just because they new they lost. Translation - They want spenders to keep spending and to buy victories and buy crystals. Kabam is a business trying to make money, so far I think that these changes has accomplished their goals.
  • Options
    Simple solution..... Stop complaining and place more diverse champ. Defender kills don't matter now, so place 3* if you have to. This new AW format is free shards.