**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Master mode Hood 3.1

The 3.1 Hood is absolutely ridiculous and unfair. I understand that it is supposed to be a challenge, but this is absolutely ridiculous. My best option was a 4/40 daredevil classic, and he couldn't even do it. He would literally just sit there blocking for 90% of the fight. I would take about a 1/4 of his health, then he would just sit back blocking until full. It was literally impossible. I spent 300 units just to realize that the fight was impossible for me for some reason. He would not use specials, until he got to his level 3, almost like he was on an all or nothing node. This is complete, unfair ****. There was one time that he actually would fight, and I got him to 9,000 health before he killed me, then I went back in and he just sat back regenerating his health, and he got full again, and there was nothing I could do. Please at least make it to where he uses specials more often.

Comments

• JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    I was able to beat him, but I still agree with the OP. This was just like the Vulture Boss from the Spider-Man Homecoming event. That massive regen made them the hardest bosses of the events, much harder than the final bosses. Constant regen sucks the fun out of fights because you can make a lot of progress, then lose it all.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    He was hard but not enough for me to be irate over it. I beat him with my own hood. All six times.
  • Jim0172Jim0172 Posts: 85
    Just stun then hit. Probably easier than most 3.1 master bosses.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Do you have a hulk cap ronan or any stun happy champ? I did it with 4/40 hulk cap and a ronan just to play around. He is a breeze if you take advantage of the stun locking capabilities. Cap you will need to bait i found but with hulk or ronan i dont even worry about it

Even a 3* 4/40 hulk will make him a joke and stun lock where you do not even worry about bane.

Dont give up dude go back in with even a 3* hulk if you have him.
  • HawkeHawke Posts: 46
    Jim0172 wrote: »
    Just stun then hit. Probably easier than most 3.1 master bosses.

This. Seatin took him down with a 3* spidergwen in one of his videos. Read the node before attacking and you'll see you do SIGNIFICANTLY more damage if you've stunned him.
  • Thank you everyone, I'll try what you guys said. He was just being weird for me for some reason, and it was super annoying.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I bled him out with X23 and was hitting for massive crit damage while he was stunned.
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    Hood was difficult at first till I had a look at his quest abilities and weaknesses.
    I used X-23, Hulk, Iceman and/or SW. Basically you have to stun him then hit, bait his sp1 then repeat, as you may already know, he takes 200% more damage when stun, save up your sp2 if your hulk, same with SW, X-23 obviously bleed does extra damage when stun and Iceman is just all round good, all my chars are R4 4* except for X-23 which is 5* R2 unawakened, I don't have a god tier roster, still new-ish but managed ok with a few revives. Good Luck OP
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Keep hitting him to counter the Degen and use Status Debuffs to counter the Healing. Bleed, Incinerate, etc. If you keep moving and stacking Debuffs that drain Health, he will be easier to beat.
  • f9_absf9_abs Posts: 126
    edited September 2017
    I found it hard myself because of the exact issue that he simply used to sit back and keep blocking while degen takes me out in secs. But in the last round for exploration, I used GP and she beat the **** out of him. Have a look at this video too from Dave as he explains how to fight bane node. You may also want to max stupefy to increase stun duration.

But remember, most important aspect is to keep calm as it'll help you think clearly and plan it out.

https://youtu.be/UQ2bgs_hjEo
  • AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★
    If you are having trouble with baiting out sp1's. Try using a champ that can power control
    edited September 2017
    I just want to add that the in-game description of Bane could be worded better. I didn't really understand it until I had already fought Hood many, many times.

I get it now, I'm just saying that they could probably improve how the description is written.
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    I can understand those times you experienced, OP. I hate those kind of AI, love to call them the "AI of Cowardice"; where they just sit back and keep blocking, then they run a bit towards you before dashing back and blocking while holding specials like there's no tomorrow as well.

That's why in the game, power control champions are received quite well from the community. Anyone who can prevent your untimely death to an L3 or strong special is obviously going to be extremely good, so if you are having trouble baiting, bring your power control champs.

Alternatively, you could literally try going all out on Hood. Bring a champion who can chain stun quite reliably (such as Hulk, Gambit or Ronan) and just go ham against the Hood since he has 200% stun vulnerability. You could probably destroy him before he even gets the chance to pop anything.
  • 2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    Get a hulk even if it's a 3*,The hood doesn't have much health and the 450tick per second Regen could be annoying, don't make 5hit combos,use 4hits then dash back and he has a high likelihood to use his s1. Also dont just hit him cause you have free shots. His Bane damage can take you out if. You need to time your combos to when the bane is about to expire on him so you can transfer it back as if it never expired. Don't don't I repeat Dont push him to an s2, it's automatic gameover. As for champions that work wonders against him, stun champs gwenpool hulk, Ronan, gambit even shehulk. Also starlord but you have to bait a lot.
  • SuperFarzSuperFarz Posts: 166
    If you can't handle a fight dont call it ****. No offense but topics about the difficulty on master are so off point. I clear Master w/o even spending a single health pot and so do many others. It's actually the opposite that it's way to easy and we are looking for more of a challenge.
  • Only one comment if you're doing master mode and complaining leave and if you stay then git gud
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Surprised no one mentioned nullify. If you have SW or Magik then nullify that Heal.
    SW just keep hitting him. Magik spam sp1 or hit sp2 to power lock him.

SW beat the tar out of him. I admit though that I found baiting his sp1 was easy. I had to get very close to him with no block then double or triple dash back to avoid the reach of that lightning then go in for the combo.
    Then I'd wait for him to come at me, parry, and light him up (usually nullifying that heal again).

Maybe a few of us could go back and fight him and record?
  • Mrbeast6000Mrbeast6000 Posts: 454
    Just use guillotine
    Just use guillotine

I've been playing this game for 8 months, and the best Guillotine I have is only a 2*.
    edited September 2017
    Options:
    Heal block champs
    Nullify champs
    Heavy dmg or bleeder with DW mastery
    Stun lock champs
    Heal reversal (even a 2* Guilly will reverse the heal) I wonder if that alone and avoiding his hits would be enough?

Also, I had to face this a while back, you may just not be fully ready or champ equipped for Master yet! :neutral:
    I was working through master at one point and came across one of those crazy healers and didn't finish it that month. Didn't have the champs or skills needed.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    https://youtu.be/kX1WwVCI8tw

Skip to the last fight! Oops! Thanks onion.
    JRock808 wrote: »

Why are we skipping to 14:30?

l51p0uab2g1w.jpg

Try closer to 12:30 :)
    Oops! Misread it. Anyway, go there and watch the last fight. Thanks for catching that.
    edited September 2017
    [/quote]="SuperFarz;c-135736"]If you can't handle a fight dont call it ****. No offense but topics about the difficulty on master are so off point. I clear Master w/o even spending a single health pot and so do many others. It's actually the opposite that it's way to easy and we are looking for more of a challenge.
    [/quote]

There might be some truth there but add to that we're tired of hearing more advanced players with more robust champ line-ups puff themselves up about "how ridiculously easy everything is".
    Has it always been easy for you? If so, then maybe you waited WAYYY too long to give it a shot?

It is obvious the OP is on the "verge" of being able to do Master, went for it, and is frustrated to hit a road block.
    He came here to vent and get advice.
    Comments like this are so disconnected and arrogant.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    I sympathize with the OP. Him healing 2% per second is a pain. I'm a pretty effective, but not top tier player; and this iteration of Hood tore through several of my characters like tissue paper.

Luckily I do have Guillotine, and she shoved his regeneration (and Bane) back down his throat without too much hassle. But you have my sympathies.

Good luck with those Stun, Nullify or Heal Block champs, if you have them. And don't forget, Petrify and Despair masteries can help too.
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    I don't even remember fighting a hood.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Rednick69 wrote: »

Really? So... why feel the need to comment?

Like @The1_NuclearOnion says, can't you just accept that other people are at different stages of the game without looking down on them?
  • Rednick69Rednick69 Posts: 325
    Rednick69 wrote: »

Really? So... why feel the need to comment?

Like @The1_NuclearOnion says, can't you just accept that other people are at different stages of the game without looking down on them?

To be honest, your comment didn't help the OP either. Plus my comment wasn't looking down on anyone other than Hood because I don't remember him in there. All I remember for certain is Tubbs belly busting me.
    I am 99% sure that at one point I would have failed on him hard. Maybe I could have gotten through eventually.. or not, but there was certainly a 2-3 month period where I could barely do chapter 1 of master but nothing in chapter 2 so I focused on 100% completion of the quests I could do. Then I could do 2 but not 3 so I did the same, completing as far as I could 100% without spending more than was reasonable. Then the next month I could beat master!

Hopefully the video gave you some tips. Heal block, Guillotine, high damage, stuns, power control. All should be viable here. Or a 3* Spider-Gwen.