**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who agrees that the variant 1 rewards should be buffed?

With the recent release of variant 5, the rewards have been quite significantly buffed. As someone who has done all the variants, I expected this variant to be the hardest considering the amazing rewards. To my surprise it was actually quite straightforward, and variant 1 continued to be the worst in my eyes. Considering that variant 1 is so much more difficult, and the release of this variant with these shiny rewards, I think it’s time for a rewards buff! Let me know what you think guys :)

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

No. It’s a good way to progress from variant 1 to 5. Variant 6 and forward will be up to META standards of the future. I don’t see any reason to buff the rest of the variants 1-4 just because variant 5 rewards is more juicy.

Yeah, this makes sense. They still aren’t bad rewards
  • Rickroll_123Rickroll_123 Posts: 32
    True I guess
    Only variant 1 not the rest, I just think it’s weird that a harder piece of content has worse rewards not that they’re bad or anything
  • KeyIgnitionKeyIgnition Posts: 4
    It would mean compensating all that have completed it. It was apt rewards for the time of release, as long as the variants keep on coming I think that's fine
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    i agree to disagree
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    I do it's the hardest variant
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Everyone stealing my memes.

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

I don’t think grumpy cat was ever your meme lol
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    Instead of buffing rewards they should revisit it and make changes.
    I have 100% explored ch1, having ALL the perfect counters at 5/65 and even then, it was a bounce of bs.
    Effort/Roster required versus rewards it’s at least pathetic.
    Really bad content 🙁
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Sure. But I do like that when I use a meme, like the Waaahmbulance and recently the Grumpy Cat meme, it's getting used more.

• Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Sure. But I do like that when I use a meme, like the Waaahmbulance and recently the Grumpy Cat meme, it's getting used more.

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    No because those who 100% (like me) would want those rewards. Spent a lot of units clearing that pop show of a variant lol.

I do agree about it being nerfed a little. Still make it the hardest variant but nerf a few nodes and values
    Tbh I don’t mind. I just thought it was a bit strange that variant 5 is so much easier with better rewards, but if they become more consistent with releasing variants I with similar rewards I could see there being no need to complain. Thanks for your opinion everyone.
  • JDunk2291JDunk2291 Posts: 464 ★★
    I don't kno if the rewards should be buffed but I feel it should definitely be toned down a notch... the number of paths, the attack points they have, they nodes and linked nodes... i still haven't completed V1 Chapter 3...it's rough lmao
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Not Sure why so many disagreed, v1 sucks I can’t be bothered exploring it 100, too many paths with **** nodes, it definitely deserves a buff in rewards to make it actually worth doing for future up and comings otherwise it will just become something nobody bothers with till they have completed everything else, just give those who have 100% it already the buffed rewards as well, I have 18x 5/65 equivalents and I still can’t be bothered 100%ing it, the rewards at this stage aren’t that consequential to the game, I’ve finished fully explored all the others (will finish the 5th soon) but that one meh can’t be bothered
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 said:

Not Sure why so many disagreed, v1 sucks I can’t be bothered exploring it 100, too many paths with **** nodes, it definitely deserves a buff in rewards to make it actually worth doing for future up and comings otherwise it will just become something nobody bothers with till they have completed everything else, just give those who have 100% it already the buffed rewards as well, I have 18x 5/65 equivalents and I still can’t be bothered 100%ing it, the rewards at this stage aren’t that consequential to the game, I’ve finished fully explored all the others (will finish the 5th soon) but that one meh can’t be bothered

No, no it doesn't. Hard content doesn't need a buff because of other easier content. It's permanent, grow your roster and do it later.

The rewards are fine for what it is.
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★
    Instil don’t understand why these variants are only in extreme easy and extremely difficult . Why not make them like regular monthly quest. Seems so stupid
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    JessieS said:

Instil don’t understand why these variants are only in extreme easy and extremely difficult . Why not make them like regular monthly quest. Seems so stupid

Can you explain a little more what you mean? Because the point of the variants is to relive the story back in the day how it was for those players that joined late and haven’t experienced it.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    If you don't like the rewards for V1, don't do it.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited August 2020
    JessieS said:

because if you want something like regular monthly quest, there's this thing called event quest which comes every month. oh wait they're the same. if you want content like eq, do eq. not all content should be the same and not all content is the same. eq is "refreshed" every month so it's something that doesn't have abyss rewards, but it's still decent for progressing players at that level. variant, on the other hand, is permanent content. Meaning if you want the fantastic rewards, you let your account grow into it and rank up people for it. the rewards for variant are very worth the effort put into it

and regarding classic difficulty, you can honestly pretend it's not in the game. it's there to show how the original eq was and how it's changed. we could remove it from the game and most people wouldn't care. well maybe about the stony cores, but you get my point
    JessieS said:

Lol variant is supposed to be a challenge. And classic is supposed to be how ogs experienced the game. It’s supposed to show the contrast between the content the oldest players used to play in comparison to the endgame content, if u find it too hard come back later.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    it's the only variant i haven't fully explored and the only one i don't intend to lol
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    I would like to see a nerf of difficulty for it rather than increased rewards. 25% reduction in healthpools and attack. As there are so many better varients, i'm not too fussed about it. As soon as you go in with decent r4s and r5s its not as bad as it was when it first came out.
  • LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Posts: 291 ★★★
    Meh. The rewards aren’t so good that you *have* to do the content, so I don’t think it needs to be buffer. Just wait and come back when you’re ready. That’s what I’ve been doing: I’ve explored all variants and completed Act 6 and now have a developed roster that can handle Variant 1 to pick up those helpful rewards. It’s just not a priority though for you, so don’t worry about it now.