OC Character #4: Julia Medved (Championess)!

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 2,578 ★★★★★
edited August 20 in Suggestions and Requests
Julia Medved (Championess)

Bio: Once, Julia was a rookie cop in Manhattan, but she found herself kidnapped and experimented on by Julio Vasquez as he attempted to replicate the E Gene—the gene that gives Elites their powers. Freed by Nathan’s original Cavalry, she now fights alongside them, using her immense strength and bulletproof skin to keep her new family safe.

Class: Mutant
PI: 5/65 Sig200 11075
3/45 Sig200 14523
Attack: 2975 (5/65)
3501 (3/45)
Health: 30145 (5/65)
40548 (3/45)
Crit Rate: 18%
Crit Damage: 200%
Armor Rating: 18%
Block Proficiency: 60%
Energy Resistance: 0%
Physical Resistance: 30%
Crit Resistance: 0%

Tags: #Hero #Offensive #Large #Elite #TheCavalry #RawDamage

Awakened Ability: Spear of the Cavalry
• Julia gains different attributes based on how many #TheCavalry champions are on the team, including herself.
o 1 #TheCavalry: Julia gains an additional 30% attack increase at the start of the fight, plus an additional 15% Physical Resistance.
o 2 #TheCavalry: Julia’s Heavy attacks have a 75% to Stagger the opponent, remove the next buff that procs.
o 3 #TheCavalry: Julia’s Light attacks have a 75% chance to inflict an Armor Break debuff lasting for 8 seconds and reducing Armor Rating by 25%. Max stacks: 2.
o 4 #TheCavalry: Julia’s Medium attacks have an additional, flat 40% chance to inflict her Concussion debuff and Julia can block Unblockable attacks but suffers -40% Block Proficiency.

Passive: Elite Physiology
• Julia takes 50% reduced damage from all forms of poisons.
Passive: Super Strength and Durability
• Julia’s Physical Resistance can’t be ignored and when it would be bypassed, she instead gains +70% Physical Resistance.
• Julia’s tough skin grants her Bleed and Concussion Immunity. Additionally, she reduces the potency and duration of Armor Breaks by 70%.
• Julia’s basic hits inflict a stacking Fracture debuff. Each Fracture debuff reduces the opponent’s Armor Rating by 10. Fracture debuffs cannot reduce Armor Rating below 0 and last indefinitely.
Passive: Hard Hitter
• Special Attacks suffer from -70% attack rating, but basic hits gain a 20% attack rating.
• Medium Attacks have a 10% to inflict a non-stacking Concussion debuff that reduces Ability Accuracy by 40% for 4 seconds.
• While the opponent is Armor Shattered or Armor Broken, Julia deals an additional 15% of her attack as physical damage. Robots do not take any of this additional damage.
• Julia’s basic hits removes any Unstoppable Effects on the opponent. Her Heavy attacks will stun an Unstoppable opponent for the duration of their Unstoppable Effect (Max Stun Duration of 5 seconds).

Special 1: Hell’s Uppercut
• Julia strikes her opponent with a vicious uppercut, knocking them down (1 hit).
• This attack has a 100% to Stagger the opponent for 10 seconds, removing the buff that procs.
• This attack has a 50% to inflict a Concussion debuff, reducing ability accuracy by 100% for 5 seconds.

Special 2: Shatter
• Julia kicks down her opponent (1 hit).
• This attack sends the opponent across the map. If this attack is done while the opponent is backed against the wall, it also stuns the opponent for 5.5 seconds.
• This attack consumes all active Fracture debuffs and combines them into an Armor Shatter that lasts for 10 seconds plus 1 additional second for every 10 Fractures consumed. If this attack is done while the opponent is backed against the wall, the Armor Shatter lasts for 15 seconds instead of 10. This Armor Shatter reduces the opponent’s Armor Rating to 0.

Special 3: Stand and Fight
• Julia tackles her opponent and slams the against the wall, shattering it, before unleashing a flurry of punches (15 hits).
• Julia places a 20 second Concussion Passive on the opponent that reduces Ability Accuracy by 95%. While this Concussion Passive is active, Julia inflicts an additional Fracture debuff on her basic hits.

Synergies:
Oh Those Russians: With Black Widow, BWDO, Red Guardian, Colossus, Omega Red, and Magik
• Black Widow: Subtlety reduces Ability Accuracy by an additional, flat 10%.
• BWDO: When an opponent would be shocked but is immune, they are instead inflicted with a stacking Degeneration Passive that has 50% of the potency of the shock that would have been applied.
• Red Guardian: Blocking Unblockable attacks has a 50% chance not to fracture Red Guardian’s shield.
• Colossus: Increases Colossus’s maximum Armor Ups to 25.
• Omega Red: Bleeds on Omega Red suffer an additional flat 10% reduction to their potency and a 50% increase to their duration.
• Magik: Once per fight, Magik can use her heavy attack to activate her Limbo for 3 seconds.
• Julia: Whenever Julia either removes an Unstoppable Effect or lands a Heavy attack on an Unstoppable opponent, she gains 10% of a bar of power.

Champions of the Contest: With The Champion
• The Champion: The Champion’s Unstoppable Buffs are now Passives and increase his attack rating by 20% while active.
• Julia: Whenever Julia removes an Unstoppable Effect, she gains an Unstoppable buff for the next 4 seconds.

Thick-Skinned: With Luke Cage and Rhino
• Luke Cage: While Indestructible, Luke Cage becomes passively Unstoppable. Also increases his Indestructible buff by 2 seconds.
• Rhino: While Charging, Rhino gains an Indestructible Charge, allowing him to ignore the damage from 1 hit.
• Julia: The first time in a fight that Julia would take damage from the opponent’s Sp3, she instead takes no damage and gains a 2 second Unstoppable and Indestructible buff.

The Cavalry: With Amp, El Salvador, and Lightsmith.
• All Champions except Julia: The first special attack of the fights grants an Unstoppable buff that lasts for 4 seconds.

Soup Isn’t a Meal: With El Salvador
• El Salvador: Whenever the opponent Misses, they are inflicted with a Bleed debuff that deals 5% of El Salvador’s attack over 1 second.
• Julia: While the opponent is suffering from a Concussion Effect, Julia gains a True Strike passive.

The goal of Julia was to create a champion that you rarely, if ever, want to throw specials. In this sense, Julia plays a lot like Angela where her Basic Attacks deal really good damage, but her specials are almost worthless outside of niche utility. However, I still wanted her specials to do something, which is why they have their own special effects, though each one of those special effects can be achieved through Julia’s basic attacks when she is at max sig. The secondary goal of Julia was to create a champion that can reliably deal with all forms of Unstoppable and Unblockable. At her base kit, Julia can already deal with all forms of Unstoppable, so she will make nodes like Aspect of War and Heavy Hitter a lot easier to handle. Additionally, since she removes and not nullifies Unstoppable Effects, she is a viable Thing counter. I wanted her to be able to deal with Unblockable as well, but since that is such a powerful ability, I had to lock it being useable behind being Max Sig, having a full team of #TheCavalry, and having it reduce her block proficiency by 40%, if not, it’d be too powerful of an ability and she’d be able to steamroll content like the Abyss.
Bad Match-Ups/Counters for Julia: As a defender, I don’t think she’d be a difficult defender. She has next to no defensive abilities and both her specials would be really easy to dex. I imagine that any champ that doesn’t rely on bleed damage can handle her. Her increased physical resistance and bonus physical resistance she gets does make her a real problem for Aegon since at a 200 hit combo, he tries to ignore Physical Resistance. With how her ability works, this will cause Aegon to only deal 10% of his damage. While pretty much any champ can take her down, if you want to be able to do it quicker, you can use champs with lots of Shocks, Ruptures, Incinerates, or Degen since she has no resistances to those. Match Ups that require you to throw specials won’t be great for Julia since her special deal so little damage, even nodes like Power Shield will be tough for her.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 8,003 ★★★★★
    paragraphs for the last part, please.


    also, immense strength, bulletproof skin...

    second coming of Luke Cage?
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 2,578 ★★★★★

    paragraphs for the last part, please.


    also, immense strength, bulletproof skin...

    second coming of Luke Cage?

    Similar superpowers, unfortunately, there's only so much you can do with Super Strength in a game like this. The next OC I create is gonna be a lot more unique
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 6,350 ★★★★★
    dude these characters are epic. this one looks like a really solid lane clearer with a buncha utility
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 2,578 ★★★★★

    dude these characters are epic. this one looks like a really solid lane clearer with a buncha utility

    Thanks! I’m having a ton of fun making them, so I might continue and do the whole Cavalry (there’s around 24 of them) and some other characters too if people are interested. I was planning to only do five, but I’m having such a blast
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 6,350 ★★★★★

    dude these characters are epic. this one looks like a really solid lane clearer with a buncha utility

    Thanks! I’m having a ton of fun making them, so I might continue and do the whole Cavalry (there’s around 24 of them) and some other characters too if people are interested. I was planning to only do five, but I’m having such a blast
    you're pretty good at making them, so id keep going
  • Hey StevieManWonder, please share any new Champion suggestions you have in our Character Wishlist Thread. To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this discussion.
This discussion has been closed.