My problem with the Magneto Buff

2»

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    He's absolutely fine as he is currently. I'd much rather have the safeguard as is in place while using him and there are still champs that will absolutely slay him when fighting him.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,944 ★★★★★

The new kit is awesome and it’ll do justice to a legendary marvel character, but there’s one thing that I find to be too overpowered.

No, I’m not talking about offensive abilities, I’m talking about the 3000 damage cap included in his sig ability. It says he cannot recaive more than 3000 damage from "any source other than sp3". That’s broken, that’s literally the most powerful defensive ability we’ve seen in the game. It’s like he’s got an in-built rage node, minus the furies and unstoppable, you get my point. Pretty much any champion will have a horrible time against this guy, except maybe Ebony Maw, cause he’s a champion that does not deal damage.

My simple solution would be to add a cooldown to this broken ability, say 10-12 seconds. Another solution is to make it percent-based. I wouldn’t mind that either.

Anyway, this is what I wanted to bring to your attention @Kabam Miike . As for the community, does anybody think the same when they saw this ability? Let me know.

But Gwenpool not being able to die from specials is ok riiiiigghhht?
  • This content has been removed.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Member Posts: 1,666 ★★★★★

FiiNCH said:

Hmm if only there's were effects in game that champs could place that get around safeguard abilities and maybe do something like damage but over time

I was thinking the same, obviously you need to take him down through DOT - however I can’t help but think the sig is a touch OP (on paper), I’m not looking forward to fighting a beefed up magneto.
    'plenty of choices to take him down and very common ones... voodoo will poison him to death, also HT with his incinerates, let alone Longshot with his sp2 incinerates, etc.
    He’ll be a pain on a debuff immune node though. Nova flames are the way forward I guess
  • edited August 2020
    This content has been removed.
  • edited August 2020
    This content has been removed.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Member Posts: 1,241 ★★★★
    Considering no one has even fought him yet, I'll wait until he's live in game before I make any judgements.
  • RookiieRookiie Member Posts: 4,821 ★★★★★

• TheD00MTheD00M Member Posts: 17
    Just use damage over time champs, Champs which do a lot of hits on SP1 & SP2...