**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why keep 3* champs when you only play 4* and 5* ?

I keep in mind what i've been told from the beginning: Never sell a champion.

But i only use 4* and 5* champions when i play now, so what use are the 3* champs?

Yes, you get two 5000 rating ISO-8 when you get a 3* crystal, but that's like 5-10 ISO-8's a week.

If i sell all my fully ranked 3* champions i would get 182 assorted 5000 rating ISO-8's.

So why shouldn't i do that and use these 182 ISO-8's to upgrade my 4* and 5* champions?

What's the best long term tactical choice?

Comments

• TheD00MTheD00M Posts: 17
    I always use my 3* in both the arena and EQ Master difficulty. Master is too boring nowadays with 4*/5*/6*
  • Because of things like Variant 3, or the BW SQ, which needed you to have lower rarity champs.

By all means, do what you want, but it might bite you back later down the road. Choices.

I did not think about that. Thanks!
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Because of things like Variant 3, or the BW SQ, which needed you to have lower rarity champs.

By all means, do what you want, but it might bite you back later down the road. Choices.

yeah this is definitely important. there are events and even permanent content where you have to use lower level champs. also, you might need a synergy with a three star that you don't have higher up. also, the iso and shards will eventually build up, so unless you're planning to quit tomorrow, that's a better reward
  • disturbedgeniusdisturbedgenius Posts: 98
    edited August 2020
    Thanks for changing my mind guys. Only took like 2 minutes 😄 I only had champion progression in mind and did not consider these things you all mention.
    and by your own counts, you'd get the same amount of iso in 18-36 weeks, which is from 4 and a half to nine months. I don't know about you, but I still plan to be playing then, and by then, according to your own measures, you'll have "broke even" then. and keep in mind, this is based of your progress currently. two or three months from now, you can be getting them even faster. also, it's a consistent source or shards or iso. so if you just need a few hundred more shards you can pop some crystals
    oh arena is another big one. you'll kick yourself in the genitals if you sell your three stars if you start grinding arena. even if you say you would never, your never know. I would never have thought I would arena grind, but here I am arena grinding now. You never know how the game will change
  • SplamBorginSplamBorgin Posts: 211
    Sometimes special events show up which require you to bring a specific 3* or a specific 2* for access to really good rewards. Those rewards are much more worth than what you'll get from selling champs you don't use. Plus, once become an end game player, you, will get many 3* and 4* champions and with each time you dupe them you get what you'd get for selling them and their sig level increases (If sig is at max you get another special shard crystal). Those low tier champs may not benefit you now but at the end of the road those will become your main source of shards, ISO, and gold. Trust me, upgrade costs become extremely high later and you will really need the dupe rewards.
  • disturbedgeniusdisturbedgenius Posts: 98
    edited August 2020

oh arena is another big one. you'll kick yourself in the genitals if you sell your three stars if you start grinding arena. even if you say you would never, your never know. I would never have thought I would arena grind, but here I am arena grinding now. You never know how the game will change

I have been grinding Arena a lot, but i'm kinda tired of the Arenas with 3* champs where you only win premium hero crystal shards and s small amount of 3-star hero crystal shards. A lot of work for small awards.
  • lowlevelplayerlowlevelplayer Posts: 4,292 ★★★★★

I have been grinding Arena a lot, but i'm kinda tired of the Arenas with 3* champs where you only win premium hero crystal shards and s small amount of 3-star hero crystal shards. A lot of work for small awards.
    that isn't the point. The main point of arena is the battlechip crystals. That is the best source of gold and units in the game
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 776 ★★★
    I sold everything except 5*s in 2016, and holy hell it was hard to come back from. Talk about needing iso- once you sell the champs, how are you going to get it? Dupes are the best way, and 3*s still give 5k bricks. Do yourself a favor and just let them be; I’m speaking from direct experience, so consider this your future self talking.
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    1. Restricted content like v4/v5
    2. Synergies you might not have in higher tiers, or synergies that you want duplicates of
    3. You get more iso and shards for duplicating than you do for selling, and eventually you start stacking up max sig crystals. Yes, even your maxed out 3*s give less iso from selling, because the iso you put into them is a lot more than what you're getting back, so you're actually losing resources by selling them.
    4. 3* featured and 4* basic arenas, play them to farm resources out of the milestones
    5. Selling champs every time you get one is just pointless and a waste of time.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,793 ★★★★★
    As well as what people have said about rarity gates requiring 1, 2, or 3 star champions, or about synergies, there's also been content before now with specific character gates but not star-level gates - IE: a 2* or a 3* would do. You might not have someone at 4 or 5 star level, but have them at 3* and need them just to get through the gate even if you don't use them in a fight.