**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

While we wait on war changes...

Why not push an update and revert to aw 1.0?

You've said repeatedly that the "tweaks" and changes to new war will take some time. And you've also said you have no idea what those tweaks and changes are.

I won't harp on the ridiculousness of those statements but I will ask why you're continuing to force a great majority of the player base to be miserable with this new, broken war system? People aren't going to wait patiently when there's no light at the end of the tunnel or simple eta along with a generalized description of the changes.

If you're admitting that war is going to require a large amount of time to fix.. Then at least you're kinda saying that it's broken/sucks/stupid. So let us go back to a system that worked well enough for long enough while you ACTUALLY DO SOME REAL TESTING ON SUCH AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE GAME.

This is a no brainer. You have the code. Work it into 15.0 and then you can work on a new war system and not feel like you're rushed to push it live. Not a single member of the player base is screaming for new content over fully functioning and well thought out game modes. Can we just start going about things in a logical way with real testing before going live with trash?

Comments

• ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    edited September 2017
    do they even code or have a qa environment, bro
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    I don't think it is so simple. Any major change in war probably would require a new update. Changes in scoring seem minor compared to a change in map and nodes.
  • Thawnim wrote: »
    I don't think it is so simple. Any major change in war probably would require a new update. Changes in scoring seem minor compared to a change in map and nodes.

It's pretty simple compared to waiting an endless amount of time for those tweaks.

Injecting code that's already written isn't TOO big of a deal. Just have to tweak it to make it work with the existing version. Hence, why I said push an update. It's a much smaller issue than you imagine and infinitely better than us sitting in limbo forever.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    If they could adjust points to attack kills overnight which they did, They can easily add 50pts to defensive kills overnight. They just choose not to. It's an easy fix, they dodge the question, they know that their claim to not hurt anyones feelings is bogus and everything that is wrong with the game. It's simple add kill points AW is fixed in some fashion in less than 24 hours.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Plus the current code is still tracking kills so it's only a matter of assign a point value. No new coded is needed. I think any developer would see that it is minimal.
  • chunkyb wrote: »
    Why not push an update and revert to aw 1.0?

You've said repeatedly that the "tweaks" and changes to new war will take some time. And you've also said you have no idea what those tweaks and changes are.

I won't harp on the ridiculousness of those statements but I will ask why you're continuing to force a great majority of the player base to be miserable with this new, broken war system? People aren't going to wait patiently when there's no light at the end of the tunnel or simple eta along with a generalized description of the changes.

If you're admitting that war is going to require a large amount of time to fix.. Then at least you're kinda saying that it's broken/sucks/stupid. So let us go back to a system that worked well enough for long enough while you ACTUALLY DO SOME REAL TESTING ON SUCH AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE GAME.

This is a no brainer. You have the code. Work it into 15.0 and then you can work on a new war system and not feel like you're rushed to push it live. Not a single member of the player base is screaming for new content over fully functioning and well thought out game modes. Can we just start going about things in a logical way with real testing before going live with trash?

I suspect that such an update would require a substantial update to the game files in order to replace the old-map content.

Such an update may be large enough that it would necessarily have to be subjected to the Apple Store review process, and the Google Play Store review process. We already know that a great deal of the monthly release schedule is predicated on the time it takes to clear a release in the stores. The stuff they are able to do server-side increments a lot more quickly, but when code or data is updated on your client, that's subject to review.

They could revert AW, but I believe that they would, and ultimately we all would, prefer that kabam use the time they have to actually improve the current state.

That being said, I think this AW 2.0 map is wholly inferior to 1.0 in game-play, aesthetics, and concise efficiency. I would greatly prefer to see a blank-slate start over AW 3.0, and I am totally willing to give Kabam another month to get it really truly right.

Unfortunately, I think we will just see some tweaks.

JJW
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    This is what I've been saying. All we wanted from Kabam with the new War was:
    1. A new map
    2. Slightly better rewards

We got the new map, which isn't great, but I'll take it. We didn't get the reward increase, which I guess is fine. But they you tweaked something that 98% of us thought was perfectly fine! Just scrap the new scoring system altogether. If you want to promote diversity, just hand out much larger chunks of gold with the skirmish rewards when we have diverse defenders. Let us decide whether gold or easier shards is more important. Don't force the answer on us.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    I think you forget just how much complaining there was about mystic wars, which is why they created diversity and made AW easier.
  • danielmath wrote: »
    I think you forget just how much complaining there was about mystic wars, which is why they created diversity and made AW easier.

1 the actual complaint was based on dexterity alone
    2 nobody worth an 80k acct should be crying about mystics bc that's pathetic. There are numerous ways to deal with md.
    3 if complaining made kabam do anything, we'd have some rank downs by now to adjust to the sweeping changes and help with the now wasted upgrade resources we've used on defenders.
    4 "waaaaah it's hard" isn't now, and has never been a reason to do anything.

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    chunkyb wrote: »
    danielmath wrote: »

1 the actual complaint was based on dexterity alone
    2 nobody worth an 80k acct should be crying about mystics bc that's pathetic. There are numerous ways to deal with md.
    3 if complaining made kabam do anything, we'd have some rank downs by now to adjust to the sweeping changes and help with the now wasted upgrade resources we've used on defenders.
    4 "waaaaah it's hard" isn't now, and has never been a reason to do anything.

I'm not saying the complaining isn't stupid, but that is 100% the reason they made war so easy. RDT are to destructive to the game so that's why we aren't seeing them, they are smart enough not to allow that to happen again (i hope). They did the same with 5.3 after all the whining about the collector. Also, look at the monthly event quests after the endless **** about iceman and how easy they are now
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    Fun math: let's say there are 15,000 "active" alliances (ranked in the tiers), at an average of 25 users per, participating in AQ weekly. That amounts to 375,000 users who care somewhat that AQ behaves like it should. Odds are the alliances running AW are a subset of of that number, maybe even tack on another 100K users just for fun. Rounding up, let's say 500k active daily users care that AW isn't fun and AQ is kinda buggy sometimes. Well, at their 2 year anniversary (12/16) Kabam touted that MCOC was being played on "87 million devices" and their download number for August was 800k (per SensorTower).
    Suffice to say the forum and reddit boards are full of the hardcore, passionate userbase that makes up that half-million or so players that care about war and gameplay and the like, but numbers don't lie, there's a whole lot more casual users that only care about new monthly quests or occasionally play in arenas. As much as this audience is loathe to hear it, you're not their priority.
    By all means they should put out a quality game that works as it should and with content enjoyed by all, but understand why sometimes it seems like lip service here in the forums - largely because it has to be.
  • Rdt's aren't destructive at all but I do like to laugh when I hear that. It's an asinine argument. What's destructive to the game is piss poor development and ruining fun game modes with horrible ideas like diversity.
    I think 5.3 was more that they didn't have any new ideas tho lol
  • They need to come up with better rewards.

Don't like tying up my champions when I can use them for quests for better rewards.