**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Let's talk EMP modification

bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
So here is my issue with it.

If you have dexterity mastery active, you will notice the mastery will trigger 2 EMP modification charges:
a) once when you GAIN the cruelty buff from the mastery,
b) when you CONSUME the cruelty buff once you hit the opponent.

Come on, the node says so.

So, the verdict? Coding error? Bug? Bug on the mastery?

Comments

• te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    it's not a bug, at least not for the node: when you dex you get a buff that has indefinite duration, and when you hit the opponent that buff is replaced with the one that expires, so you get two buffs from dexterity. i don't remember if this was intentional or if it was a never fixed bug though.

it does interact with other nodes too: for example, burden of might will drain your power twice ^_^
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    Gladiator hulk .
  • CtuchikCtuchik Posts: 352 ★★
    Red guardian mate, he's made for the node
  • LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 218 ★★

Doom works too since he’s shock immune. Unfortunately the nodes are made to punish us. Not make things fun. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Wait! Can doom by pass EMP mod?
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    edited August 2020
    LOThunder said:

Doom works too since he’s shock immune. Unfortunately the nodes are made to punish us. Not make things fun. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Anyone who is shock immune will not gain the shock passives that the node placeson you.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    LOThunder said:

He’s fully shock immune, so yes, same with thing and korg and probably some that I forgot about
    Lvernon15 said:

LOThunder said:

He’s fully shock immune, so yes, same with thing and korg and probably some that I forgot about
    Terrax amd moleman. You can also use ghost/hood or high sig namor.
  • MrR0b0tMrR0b0t Posts: 234
    Nebula also
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    MrR0b0t said:

Nebula also

She only handles the first few shocks
  • PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    Thing works also. I used him when I initially explored act 6.1.2 ultron
  • The_enlightenedThe_enlightened Posts: 545 ★★★

it's not a bug, at least not for the node: when you dex you get a buff that has indefinite duration, and when you hit the opponent that buff is replaced with the one that expires, so you get two buffs from dexterity. i don't remember if this was intentional or if it was a never fixed bug though.

it does interact with other nodes too: for example, burden of might will drain your power twice ^_^

Yes it was

if you were around the original flow wars were it was just morning stars sp2 spam and mystic champs with near maxed out MD

It use to cause a new buff to be created every single time. So imagine getting power drained every single dexterity you triggered
  • IWCIWC Posts: 104 ★★
    Edeuink said:

Lvernon15 said:

LOThunder said:

Think it doesn't work with Ghost - the node shock is a passive one
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    IWC said:

Edeuink said:

Lvernon15 said:

LOThunder said:

true, but hood can allow you to bypass some of it
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    edited August 2020
    Doom and Thing, are both fully immune to shock effects. therefore no passive shocks inflicted to them.

but Silver Surfer, Corvus, and some others are only immune to shock DEBUFF, so he won't bypass EMP mod.

Also, Red Guardian, has the ability to NOT gain any buff. therefore he works too
    IWC said:

Edeuink said:

Lvernon15 said:

LOThunder said:

Hood allows ghost to not take damage while phasing. If you play right, you can take very little damage from passive damage effects like limbo and the emp mod shocks.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★

Gladiator hulk .

whoever disagreed clearly doesn't know gladiator hulks abilities
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I wish it was just a buff that expired on hit like a Corvus charge, but they made it like that so it would interact with nodes like that.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

So here is my issue with it.

If you have dexterity mastery active, you will notice the mastery will trigger 2 EMP modification charges:
    a) once when you GAIN the cruelty buff from the mastery,
    b) when you CONSUME the cruelty buff once you hit the opponent.

Come on, the node says so.

So, the verdict? Coding error? Bug? Bug on the mastery?

precison not cruelty. But this is how it is intended to work
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Sorry. It's precision not cruelty buff. Got it confused
  • IWCIWC Posts: 104 ★★
    Edeuink said:

IWC said:

Edeuink said:

Lvernon15 said:

LOThunder said:

Hood allows ghost to not take damage while phasing. If you play right, you can take very little damage from passive damage effects like limbo and the emp mod shocks.
    Ah, good call. Was reading along the lines of shock debuff immunity and missed out the obvious ghost/hood interaction.
  • Reverend_RuckusReverend_Ruckus Posts: 407 ★★★
    If it’s intended to be 2 charges then the wording needs to be edited