**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

GET RID OF DEFENSIVE TACTICS

ShikinaShikina Posts: 25
edited August 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
Kabam, can you please get rid of defensive tactics or create brackets/groupings for alliances that want this garbage. After all the years my alliance has been together, we are considering dropping AW. It’s just dumb and adds NO value to the game. Placing a Korg on node 23 and wipe out a whole bg trying to get by him is just stupid. Stubborn or flow AND Mix Master? What’s the point? Creating a roadblock situation like that just makes people want to quit.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    You didn't needed to create your own thread for this. There are plenty other out there and you yourself just commented on one of them
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    without tactics every war would be 1-0 or 2-1 though, and would be even less interesting then now. They nerfed node 23, multiple times already and it's basically nothing at this point.....
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Shikina said:

Kabam, can you please get rid of defensive tactics or create brackets/groupings for alliances that want this garbage. After all the years my alliance has been together, we are considering dropping AW. It’s just dumb and adds NO value to the game. Placing a Korg on node 23 and wipe out a whole bg trying to get by him is just stupid. Stubborn or flow AND Mix Master? What’s the point? Creating a roadblock situation like that just makes people want to quit.

Yea I take that fight every war with quake, quite an straightforward fight with her, Omega, Storm Px, Havok few others wreck him, they have nerfed that node a few times such as switching tunnel vision to mix masher and removing oscillate. Without tactics literally every war would be deathless in T1, T2.
  • Options
    PotatolegionPotatolegion Posts: 290 ★★
    I disagree with removing them, but I think they should be redesigned in a way that makes war interesting instead of just making everyone more annoying.
  • Options
    JakearoundJakearound Posts: 411 ★★★
    Grumpy said:

Just remove wars 100% into the bin

That’s why I quit being in alliances. Much more fun being solo. Slower progress but I don’t care. I’m all about having this game be fun.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Korg on 23 is a pain for real. Our korg got 9 def kills in our current war.

I’ve been finding him really easy honestly, got a rank 3 6* one down today and finished on 85% health with omega, thiugh withiut the right options he’s a nightmare
  • Options
    RigidRigid Posts: 152
    edited August 2020
    They are not fun honestly. I do understand the idea of them and the need I guess but they really do just make wars an item sink for high level alliances.

We are at that flip flop in and out of t5 level and it's hard on members who are just not ready for it yet. Causes them to use excessive items to get it done.

It would be much more fun if tactics came later in the season... or wins 1-6 have no tactics, wins 7-9 have basic tactics without the 500 attack and health., then wins 10-12 have full tactics. Make them more of a streak buster.

• Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

I disagree with removing them, but I think they should be redesigned in a way that makes war interesting instead of just making everyone more annoying.

Yea, like making Offensive Tactics actually useful.
  • Options
    Mart83Mart83 Posts: 21
    I think defense tactics are required otherwise wars would be too easy however, the fact that stubborn is used in 99% of wars just means the balance is all wrong yet again. It’s quite a simple fix for me though in my opinion. Make it so that every bg has to choose a different defense tactic, that way every war will be different for people and will actually make things semi interesting rather then struggling through stubborn korgs things dooms etc every single war
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    Rigid said:

They are not fun honestly. I do understand the idea of them and the need I guess but they really do just make wars an item sink for high level alliances.

We are at that flip flop in and out of t5 level and it's hard on members who are just not ready for it yet. Causes them to use excessive items to get it done.

It would be much more fun if tactics came later in the season... or wins 1-6 have no tactics, wins 7-9 have basic tactics without the 500 attack and health., then wins 10-12 have full tactics. Make them more of a streak buster.

Yeh thats a problem transitioning from T6 to T5. Not only do you get a much harder map, you get defensive tactics.
    We sometimes don't clear the map in T6 and when we bounce up its a mess.
  • Options
    Thebg_JThebg_J Posts: 48
    Not sure if anyone has noticed but, saying that you’ll stop playing part of the game doesn’t do anything.

STOPPING does a heck of a lot more.
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

They need to stop stubborn trigger against specials. Evading specials is a skill and punishing that skill just doesn’t sit right with me

Yeah I don't understand punishing you for evading specials. Not everything needs to be a shallow evade to not trigger dex.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    Just make it so u can only fight the same defensive tactic 3 times then it forces you to fight another one
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    Rasilover said:

Just make it so u can only fight the same defensive tactic 3 times then it forces you to fight another one

That also won't work. In most alliances below Plat 1/2 level, diversity is used, but noone keeps 150 diversity. At all. Your idea would require officers to keep changing the Defenders used. Because while Claire/Warlock/Magik etc are good Defenders, you wouldn't keep multiple on non-flow Defender Tactics. And so on. Hence Defender revamp would be needed every few wars which is a massive pain.
  • Options
    Jwallace25Jwallace25 Posts: 481 ★★★
    edited August 2020
    Deleted
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★

Grumpy said:

Just remove wars 100% into the bin

That’s why I quit being in alliances. Much more fun being solo. Slower progress but I don’t care. I’m all about having this game be fun.
    Just join an alliance that's not obsessed with rankings.