**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Next 5 Star to R4 | Advice

youaintrightyouaintright Posts: 185 ★★
edited August 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I'm still fairly new to the game as I started playing in late March of this year (mostly because the quarantine had me bored out of my mind). My first 5* was Winter Soldier and I took him up pretty quick and before I realized that I may have better options later. I took Storm (Pyramid X) up to R4 next because I love playing her and at the time didn't have many other good options. I've had better luck lately and now I'm torn on who to take to R4 next. I'm leaning toward Hyperion, Colossus, Namor, or Elsa (my first 4* and really comfortable playing her). I know these threads are a dime a dozen but any advice from a community that is largely more experienced than me would be much appreciated.

Note : Warlock, Storm X, and Winter Soldier are currently R4 and CAIW is R5.

Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    I'd probably go magik. power contorl is super useful
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    I would say Hyperion. He is super useful against anyone and can handle some tricky nodes easier than the others.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,413 ★★★★★
    Colossus. One of the best champs in the game with the easiest playstyle. Just parry-heavy till Sp2. Only hard to do on limber nodes.
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    You really cant go wrong. Colossus, Elsa, Magik, Hype or Emma.

I just noticed that Dragon Man down there too.....
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I'd say Hype
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

I'm still fairly new to the game as I started playing in late March of this year (mostly because the quarantine had me bored out of my mind). My first 5* was Winter Soldier and I took him up pretty quick and before I realized that I may have better options later. I took Storm (Pyramid X) up to R4 next because I love playing her and at the time didn't have many other good options. I've had better luck lately and now I'm torn on who to take to R4 next. I'm leaning toward Hyperion, Colossus, Namor, or Elsa (my first 4* and really comfortable playing her). I know these threads are a dime a dozen but any advice from a community that is largely more experienced than me would be much appreciated.

It’s between Colossus and Hyperion mostly.
    I would go Hyperion if I was in your position, since you already have a mutant at r4.
    It’s overall better to have more diversity in champion classes other than stacking in one 😉
  • youaintrightyouaintright Posts: 185 ★★

You really cant go wrong. Colossus, Elsa, Magik, Hype or Emma.

I just noticed that Dragon Man down there too.....

I've not invested too much in to Dragon Man him yet, but so far he's been really fun to play.
    Greekhit said:

It’s between Colossus and Hyperion mostly.
    I would go Hyperion if I was in your position, since you already have a mutant at r4.
    It’s overall better to have more diversity in champion classes other than stacking in one 😉
    Thanks! At one time, I was thinking Hype or Magik for that very reason.
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Dragon man?
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

I would have said colossus or hype, but I prefer them duped. unduped, Id go for magik over them

I would have said colossus or hype, but I prefer them duped. unduped, Id go for magik over them
    I actually got that Magik on accident. My last nexus was Quake, Ghost, and Magik. Some in my alliance told me to go for Quake so that was my plan, but I must have fat fingered it somehow smh. Maybe I'll try to be a little more patient (probs won't be able to tho) and see if I can dup one of them or wait for my first five star awakening gem.
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I bit the bullet and went with Hyperion.