Options

Magneto Marvel Now Bug investigation

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,612 ★★★★
edited September 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
So his pre fight ability is bugged. I did some research.

I tried with #Hero, #Metal, and mutant champions.

The exact champions I used were Havok, Archangel, Sorcerer Supreme, Omega Red, Sabretooth, Collosus, Warlock.

Havok: he slides on parry but there’s no missed parries.

Archangel: this boi slides on parries AND misses most of parries. I thought this was tied to the fact that he’s a mutant and metal.

Sorcerer Supreme: as did Havok. Slides but doesn’t miss parries.

OR: slides nothing else.

Collosus: Slides but doesn’t miss parries.

Sabretooth: I was just checking that the pre fight had nothing to do with Mutants and it doesn’t. He’s fine.

Warlock: here’s where it gets interesting. When I didn’t have a virus on him all parries stuck. The moment he had a virus infection on him he started missing parries. Also Warlock didn’t really slide.

Archangel test #2: I tested him again. He wouldn’t miss parries when there were 0 Neurotoxins but when he had a couple on WS parries wouldn’t work.

Conclusion: I think that it has nothing to do with what tags/class it is I think it’s based on AAR. The more their AAR is reduced the less parries stick. The sliding is pretty consistent. Happened with all but Warlock. I don’t have any other #metal XL characters but if anyone has Mojo etc. Could you test if he slides as well. I think sliding is more to do with size.

Oh well. Hopefully kabam fix this.
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• Options
    What is this "slides" thing you're taking about?
  • Options
    You are an MVP. I've been really disappointed about this since testing Mags against WS yesterday, but I was too lazy for an in depth investigation. Thank you for doing some good old fashioned science.

I took Magneto against goldpool with pre-fight active and the stun mechanic worked perfectly, so I think you're right.

I don't know squat about programming, but Maybe the passive stun is being treated as an "opponent ability" that triggers on parry and is affected by AAR, instead of a player ability that should be affected adversely by the opponent's reduced ability accuracy.
  • Options
    EdarimEdarim Posts: 30
    edited September 2020
    his pre fight ability does not benefit magneto, but hero and metall ATTACKERS ... 🤔

you have to activate it and use another attacker with the hero or metall tag to get those passive parries.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,363 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Activating Magneto Now pre-fight ability might not be good thing since it seems to not work as described.. either of things could happen, kabam change the wording of description or confirm there is a bug - fix it and give compensation.
    If any of you watch Lagacy video on Magneto Now beta.. he mentioned that the pre-fight ability is buggy and he was hoping Kabam fix it before releasing.
  • Options
    Negative ghost rider, it affects both #hero and #metal champions. Mags is tagged #hero.

Also, the passive parry works when fighting nonmetal opponents with Magneto himself, but fails when applying AAR to opponents (magnetism, neurotoxin, nanovirus) it's definitely a bug.

The slide thing is weird. Some champs slide back out of heavy range after applying passive parry stun.
  • Options
    For reals. I'm not going to ask for compensation because an exciting buff had some issues, I just wanna be able to use the champ. I'm waiting for the fix to take him into incursions, I'm pretty sure he's going to SLAY
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,206 ★★★★★
    There are multiple threads on this in the bugs forum.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,206 ★★★★★

Negative ghost rider, it affects both #hero and #metal champions. Mags is tagged #hero.

Also, the passive parry works when fighting nonmetal opponents with Magneto himself, but fails when applying AAR to opponents (magnetism, neurotoxin, nanovirus) it's definitely a bug.

The slide thing is weird. Some champs slide back out of heavy range after applying passive parry stun.

Yes I have seen this slide. Definitely bugged.