**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cav monthly event quest feedback

Hey guys I’m currently exploring Cav monthly event quest. I want to first start out by saying Kabam did an amazing job putting it together and I’m having a lot of fun exploring it and it’s not too bad but with that being said I do have some problems with this difficulty and hopefully this gain some traction I want to start a hashtag #buffcavrewards. Alright here are my grips

Problems:
1.The rewards are poopy for exploration.
2.Fights are way too long
3.Node combos are tedious asf
4.Alienates people who just got Cav
5.way too much energy resources
6. Too many fights for just 1 lane
7. Please bring back completion rewards for uncollected(not really a Cav problem)
8. Make mid-tier characters more viable.

SOLUTIONS:
1. We should at least get 8k-10k 6*,at least 1 t5b, and at least two 2ta for exploration.
2. Cut the health pool of none boss fights by 30%-35%
3. It’s fine to have nodes that help specific classes like the science class getting damage increase for debuffs expiring but don’t put diss-track as global node only make it on the hardest path same with the cosmic buff and buffed up. Don’t make buffed up the global node just make it only for the hard path.
4. The easy paths are weighed down due to the global nodes making things way too champion specific like I said make diss-track,buffed up,and bio hazard a certain path not the whole global node. That way still growing Cav accounts can benefit from the class node but not be so champion specific.
5. If you’re gonna have these really really long paths then cut the 3x times energy cost and just make it 2x for all chapters.
6. I’d say probably take out a fight or two but if not then get rid of most of the dead spots on t lane.
7. This is just something I hear from newer and veteran players no need for this
8. I understand the class node was the objective but due to the global nodes being bs all it does is buff up more OP champions. For an example magik chapter why would I use cyclops who is gonna he rekt by the bio-hazard node when I can just use Omega red who benefits and gets way more damage. See what I’m saying?

So all in all good job kabam hope you take our feed back and make things right next month.

Comments

• Options
    Cj67Cj67 Posts: 47
    Jaggers68 said:

I agree with everything EXCEPT that their health pools are too big. A lot of people have been saying fights are too long, and I just disagree. Everything else you said is true. (IMO)

Like I said it’s the combinations of more fights and more health. I feel like if they either get rid of a fight or 2, or lower the health people won’t have a problem. I pretty much gave kabam a choice to pick from.
  • Options
    QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Jaggers68 said:

I agree with everything EXCEPT that their health pools are too big. A lot of people have been saying fights are too long, and I just disagree. Everything else you said is true. (IMO)

Agree with op and you. I honestly didn't find the health pools too bad. Some I was even managing in sub 25 hits (omega red, magic chapter)
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Agreed with most of this.

The addition of class buffs that provide advantage is nice and makes the health pools manageable in my opinion. If you want to make less desirable champs more useful, you could add nodes that favor specific champs or abilities of specific champs (similar to Micro-Realms variant).

I do think rewards are a bit light for the effort, but I expect some of that will even out with fine tuning.

Dr. Zola

^preach it zola! yeah I agree with most of what you said, from what I've seen of cav eq. Im going to do it later this month and I'll see how I feel
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    The health pool is fine. There were VERY few fights that lasted more than 100 hits, and that was only when I was using champs that didn't gain an advantage from the nodes.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Cav difficulty was interesting and EASY.

The only challenging part was the 4* objective which required more attention.

Rewards are fine and worth the effort.

• Options
    DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I agree with #1.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Cj67 said:

Cj67 said:

Hey guys I’m currently exploring Cav monthly event quest. I want to first start out by saying Kabam did an amazing job putting it together and I’m having a lot of fun exploring it and it’s not too bad but with that being said I do have some problems with this difficulty and hopefully this gain some traction I want to start a hashtag #buffcavrewards. Alright here are my grips

Problems:
    7. Please bring back completion rewards for uncollected(not really a Cav problem)

SOLUTIONS:
    1. We should at least get 8k-10k 6*,at least 1 t5b, and at least two 2ta for exploration.
    3. It’s fine to have nodes that help specific classes like the science class getting damage increase for debuffs expiring but don’t put diss-track as global node only make it on the hardest path same with the cosmic buff and buffed up. Don’t make buffed up the global node just make it only for the hard path.
    4. The easy paths are weighed down due to the global nodes making things way too champion specific like I said make diss-track,buffed up,and bio hazard a certain path not the whole global node. That way still growing Cav accounts can benefit from the class node but not be so champion specific.
    5. If you’re gonna have these really really long paths then cut the 3x times energy cost and just make it 2x for all chapters.
    6. I’d say probably take out a fight or two but if not then get rid of most of the dead spots on t lane.
    7. This is just something I hear from newer and veteran players no need for this
    8. I understand the class node was the objective but due to the global nodes being bs all it does is buff up more OP champions. For an example magik chapter why would I use cyclops who is gonna he rekt by the bio-hazard node when I can just use Omega red who benefits and gets way more damage. See what I’m saying?

So all in all good job kabam hope you take our feed back and make things right next month.

I think Kabam should just stop putting out content. There isn't any scenario where they can actually win. No more story quests, no more EQ's, just give us the rewards. No one wants to work for anything anymore. No one actually understands when they are told "Cav difficultly will be like act 6".

1. Way too many 6* shards. We aren't at the point where 1 source should give a full 6* yet.
    2. Cutting them by this much is the same health pools as UC. Whats the point in having a Cav difficulty if it's going to be like UC?
    3. Why can't they have a challenging path? Why can't you just think about how to get the path done instead of asking for it to be easier?
    4. Act 6 doesn't have "easy" paths like UC content. Cav is supposed to be similar to Act 6 so they should mirror each other.
    5. Again, it's supposed to be a challenge, not a walk in the park or meant to be beaten in 10 minutes.
    6. Why?
    7. What?
    8. Global nodes are BS just because you don't like them or lack the ability to take advantage of them. This community always calls something BS when they are unable to cake-walk their way through it. Cyclops is a mutant champion. He doesn't have AAR abilities like OR. OR is actually worse to take through that path than Cyclops. OR has a 90% bleed reduction and AAR for purify effects. You not understanding how the node works doesn't make it BS. Just makes you look silly for not reading it.

We've been asking for more challenging content. All I see from these suggestions is you don't want a challenge and you want better rewards for it. Truly ridiculous.
    Kid you’re an idiot. This is no challenge for me I’m doing all this without using any resources besides energy. This content isn’t challenging it’s tedious. My thing is either make the global nodes specific lane nodes and lower health pools or take out 1 or 2 fights on the lane.
    "This isn't a challenge so make it easier so I can get it over with faster!!!!"

😐
    No, more like get rid of all the bs node global nodes and either drop health or take out a fight or 2 on a lane to not make it so long. Why tf would I want spend hella time fight none fun tedious ****? I’d much rather it be faster because this stuff just feel so drawn out I’d much rather them take off a fight or 2 so you can’t just domino heavy spam like you can in cav. But I’m absolutely fine with the health on final bosses. More health and bs nodes doesn’t= challenging/fun. And I’m not complaining I’m giving feed back buttt if they wanna keep it this way then we need more rewards for how time consuming it is. I’m literally giving ultimatums and solutions so I’m not just talking out my behind.
  • Options
    Everyone chill. I am not against the mode I thought I made it pretty clear that I applaud and grateful for the mode and I’m enjoying myself. Just expressing how to make things better or a little less tedious.
  • Options
    Cj67 said:

ItsDamien said:

Cj67 said:

Cj67 said:

Problems:

SOLUTIONS:

I think Kabam should just stop putting out content. There isn't any scenario where they can actually win. No more story quests, no more EQ's, just give us the rewards. No one wants to work for anything anymore. No one actually understands when they are told "Cav difficultly will be like act 6".

1. Way too many 6* shards. We aren't at the point where 1 source should give a full 6* yet.
    2. Cutting them by this much is the same health pools as UC. Whats the point in having a Cav difficulty if it's going to be like UC?
    3. Why can't they have a challenging path? Why can't you just think about how to get the path done instead of asking for it to be easier?
    4. Act 6 doesn't have "easy" paths like UC content. Cav is supposed to be similar to Act 6 so they should mirror each other.
    5. Again, it's supposed to be a challenge, not a walk in the park or meant to be beaten in 10 minutes.
    6. Why?
    7. What?
    8. Global nodes are BS just because you don't like them or lack the ability to take advantage of them. This community always calls something BS when they are unable to cake-walk their way through it. Cyclops is a mutant champion. He doesn't have AAR abilities like OR. OR is actually worse to take through that path than Cyclops. OR has a 90% bleed reduction and AAR for purify effects. You not understanding how the node works doesn't make it BS. Just makes you look silly for not reading it.

We've been asking for more challenging content. All I see from these suggestions is you don't want a challenge and you want better rewards for it. Truly ridiculous.
    Kid you’re an idiot. This is no challenge for me I’m doing all this without using any resources besides energy. This content isn’t challenging it’s tedious. My thing is either make the global nodes specific lane nodes and lower health pools or take out 1 or 2 fights on the lane.

😐
    No, more like get rid of all the bs node global nodes and either drop health or take out a fight or 2 on a lane to not make it so long. Why tf would I want spend hella time fight none fun tedious ****? I’d much rather it be faster because this stuff just feel so drawn out I’d much rather them take off a fight or 2 so you can’t just domino heavy spam like you can in cav. But I’m absolutely fine with the health on final bosses. More health and bs nodes doesn’t= challenging/fun. And I’m not complaining I’m giving feed back buttt if they wanna keep it this way then we need more rewards for how time consuming it is. I’m literally giving ultimatums and solutions so I’m not just talking out my behind.
    Endurance is also a test of skill and will, and in itself a challenge.

Giving ultimatums when you have no position to change anything other than your own playing habits is as good as a pencil with no lead, pointless.

Giving feedback is fine, but when your feedback is "it's too long it's tedious, make it easier by removing nodes and less fights" isn’t a great argument to make either. Especially when in the coming months and years we will have more champions, with different abilities, and more materials to rank up champions so the content gets even easier and quicker over time.

The only thing I can agree on is that the rewards could be better especially when future content comes out and will reward materials for ranking up 6* to R4, but that's something they can change later. For right now, the rewards are a little on the lower side, but for the difficulty and even the time investment overall, they're not the worst thing in the world, especially when you can just casually do the event for an entire month, instead of rushing it all in the first 3 days.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

The addition of class buffs that provide advantage is nice and makes the health pools manageable in my opinion. If you want to make less desirable champs more useful, you could add nodes that favor specific champs or abilities of specific champs (similar to Micro-Realms variant).

I do think rewards are a bit light for the effort, but I expect some of that will even out with fine tuning.

Dr. Zola

I’m not against the health pools really just hitting some pain points I’ve seen from others. I’d much rather them get rid of a fight or 2 on a lane than lower health but if they wanna lower healths and keep the extra fight or 2 then that’s fine. Like I said all I’m giving kabam is solutions and ultimatums.
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Cj67 said:

ItsDamien said:

Cj67 said:

Cj67 said:

Problems:

SOLUTIONS:

6. Why?
    7. What?

😐

Giving ultimatums when you have no position to change anything other than your own playing habits is as good as a pencil with no lead, pointless.

Giving feedback is fine, but when your feedback is "it's too long it's tedious, make it easier by removing nodes and less fights" isn’t a great argument to make either. Especially when in the coming months and years we will have more champions, with different abilities, and more materials to rank up champions so the content gets even easier and quicker over time.

The only thing I can agree on is that the rewards could be better especially when future content comes out and will reward materials for ranking up 6* to R4, but that's something they can change later. For right now, the rewards are a little on the lower side, but for the difficulty and even the time investment overall, they're not the worst thing in the world, especially when you can just casually do the event for an entire month, instead of rushing it all in the first 3 days.
    Sir you’re making it seem like I’m just complaining when I’m far from doing it lol. My feedback does not boil down to its too long,tedious,and the nodes are bs take out. No my point boils down to solutions and ultimatums(which is what a feedback is) everything I typed literally has arguments to back my claims.
    My argument is if you’re gonna keep it this way then bump the rewards but if not then move the global nodes to a single lane(hard lane) that way smaller players can still benefit from the class global node and not have to deal with diss track,buffed up,and bio-hazard. A lot of you guys seem to forget about smaller players and it shows. And then on top I said I think we should either drop health pools or take away a fight or two on 1 lane which is also a valid point. So how does my point boil down to its just too long,tedious,nodes are bs,and it’s boring. When I make valid points and arguments and I also have showings of how people feel to back up my claims?
  • Options
    ItsDamien said:

Cj67 said:

ItsDamien said:

Cj67 said:

Cj67 said:

Problems:

SOLUTIONS:

6. Why?
    7. What?

😐

You did nothing with this besides trying to dumb down my claims.
  • Options
    Cj67 said:

ItsDamien said:

Cj67 said:

ItsDamien said:

Cj67 said:

Cj67 said:

Problems:

SOLUTIONS:

6. Why?
    7. What?

😐

You did nothing with this besides trying to dumb down my claims.
    I don't think you know what an Ultimatum is....
  • Options
    Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    First of all, y'all want this content to be challenging. How is it going to be challenging if you lower the health pools and remove nodes?

If you don't have a: bleed immune, debuff-er, and buff-er, then you're simply just not ready for this difficulty. There are many champions that can take down those paths, meaning most Cavs with even a small roster can pull this off.

Removing the nodes just decreases difficulty.
    Lowering health pools just decreases difficulty.
    How else are you supposed to make content more difficult if you eliminate 2 of the most basic ways to increase difficulty?

Furthermore, the rewards that Kabam has put out are sustainable and are relatively appropriate for the difficulty. The quest is pretty easy once you have a semi-developed roster. There's no real "BS" node combination present in any path.

They did make mid-tier characters more effective to some extent. Mystic characters hit pretty hard on special attacks with the node active. An Iron Fist would work if you had no other Mystic champion.
    "For an example magik chapter why would I use cyclops who is gonna he rekt by the bio-hazard node when I can just use Omega red who benefits and gets way more damage."
    Why use a better champion over a mediocre one? Is that your question? There's no easy way to buff up mediocre champions without buffing up the good ones as well.
    For example, you give Mystic champions a node that deals 25% of the last attack as a burst of energy damage per buff. Sure, Diablo would be great for this with Enderboon active, but so would any good Mystic champion and their damage would probably be miles ahead of his. There's no reason to take in a Karnak when you have a NF.

Too many fights for one lane? How else are they supposed to make this content challenging?

Way too much energy spent? I believe that you can make it through one path with 3X energy cost if your max energy cap is 70. It ain't much different from UCEQ.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Cj67 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I’m not against the health pools really just hitting some pain points I’ve seen from others. I’d much rather them get rid of a fight or 2 on a lane than lower health but if they wanna lower healths and keep the extra fight or 2 then that’s fine. Like I said all I’m giving kabam is solutions and ultimatums.
    There are only 6 fights per lane plus the boss, it really feels like y’all just want free rewards....You are not giving solutions, because there is not a problem for a solution.
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    edited September 2020
    I don`t really have a problem with the node combo's. I feel there are plenty of options. Even for new cavaliers. You CAN still use 4 stars if your skill is high enough. So it opens up quite a roster.
    But the things I think most people get wrong is the health pools. Right now they might seem big. But what about once we get more r3 6 stars. it wont be too bad. Some thing for doing uncollected with 4 stars. They become long fights. Not so much for endgame players anymore. It will even out over time. It should be slightly too hard/long right now.

But I fully agree with rewards that need a buff.
  • Options
    LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 219 ★★
    ItsDamien said:

The health pool is fine. There were VERY few fights that lasted more than 100 hits, and that was only when I was using champs that didn't gain an advantage from the nodes.

Well I used a rank 4, 5 star, duped venom on the buffed up quest and it always took me 123 hits to complete a fight.
    Although in the distrack quest rank 4 cap IW was finishing fights in 55 hits, exception for that Hyperion fight. I used a sith to destroy the sith (hyp vs hyp) that fight was pretty long, because whenever I got to two bars of power I had to reach and sp3 before shooting it off and start spamming sp1s again. 10/10 I wouldn't want to do that hyperion fight again.
    I'm kinda stuck on 3.1 until I get omega red, or I might just get a part time job in doing some arena.
    I still don't feel the health pools are insane though, they are just right especially with the nodes. Let kabam just remove those global nodes from at least one path and put something you can do with any champ on your roaster with still it's own kind of node.
  • Options
    Lormif said:

Cj67 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

There are only 6 fights per lane plus the boss, it really feels like y’all just want free rewards....You are not giving solutions, because there is not a problem for a solution.
    Like I said mate. The content itself isn’t just the problem it’s the rewards mainly. If they wanna keep all of these things in it then upgrade the rewards but if you’re not gonna upgrade the rewards then tone it down. The rewards are worth the time consuming and effort. For damn sure not worth the struggle some of the smaller players will Endor.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Cj67 said:

Lormif said:

Cj67 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Like I said mate. The content itself isn’t just the problem it’s the rewards mainly. If they wanna keep all of these things in it then upgrade the rewards but if you’re not gonna upgrade the rewards then tone it down. The rewards are worth the time consuming and effort. For damn sure not worth the struggle some of the smaller players will Endor.
    Nothing to tone down. This content was super easy especially with the buffs pretty much always buffing the players.. also smaller players are expected to struggle
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,028 ★★★★★
    Cj67 said:

Lormif said:

Cj67 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Almost all of your talking points were about the content.... So how is it not about the content? Kid.
  • Options
    airmundoairmundo Posts: 146
    My only complaint is energy needed to finish everything. Otherwise it’s suppose to be new and harder so by default that will make fights tedious and at times champ specific. You can’t make everything that comes out easily do-able for the masses because the masses don’t have an army of 5/65’s to choose from
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    The energy cost to run uncollected and cavalier 100% is too much uncollected should be tuned down in respect to energy cost, some people still have act 6 and varient to explore. I don't have a problem with the difficulty but buff the rewards for cavalier event quest.
  • Options
    fitenitefitenite Posts: 17
    @Kabam The thought behind spreading the rewards out on the paths to make them more accessible for progressing rosters was a good idea, but it was executed incorrectly. Getting completion is the easy part, the exploration is where a lacking roster becomes evident. So the proper execution would have been to keep the completion rewards as they were last EQ and spread the exploration rewards out on the paths. I really don't understand how such a good idea was turned around so horribly.