**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thing Cosmic Synergy Team gets bugged sometimes!

I've been using the Thing synergy team for a while and sometimes it doesn't always work as intended. I use the champions in order of Thing/Champion/Hela/Angela/Heimdall and I kill all of them except for Thing. Then, the first time Thing gets knocked out he gains 20% hp from Hela/Angela synergy and becomes indestructible from Champion synergy. The second time he gets knocked out he becomes indestructible from Heimdall synergy and if he gets hit later, he dies. However, throughout a quest in some fights the synergies don't work as intended and in the correct order as seen in the video below at 1:03, 4:56 and 7:19!
https://youtu.be/C9tnQtV2B1c
For example, when I fought Mordo at first the synergies worked just fine but the second time I fought him after I revived Thing this bug happened. It seems to happen randomly to me.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    What makes you think there is a specific order? It seems you are relying on a race condition of multiple 1 times per fight when knocked out things. In addition the hela/angela synergy for 20% health is only a 80% chance, you cannot rely on that.
  • Capn_DanteCapn_Dante Posts: 565 ★★★
    Lormif said:

What makes you think there is a specific order? It seems you are relying on a race condition of multiple 1 times per fight when knocked out things. In addition the hela/angela synergy for 20% health is only a 80% chance, you cannot rely on that.

It needs to be a specific order to trigger the champion and Hela/angela synergy prior to triggering the heimdall cheat death to keep it alive... In the video it appears that the issue is you are getting "knocked out" by bane but the champion synergy only activates when "thing would be struck by a blow that would knock him out"... thats the issue there

Lormif said:

It needs to be a specific order to trigger the champion and Hela/angela synergy prior to triggering the heimdall cheat death to keep it alive... In the video it appears that the issue is you are getting "knocked out" by bane but the champion synergy only activates when "thing would be struck by a blow that would knock him out"... thats the issue there
    Thing: Once per fight, when Thing would be struck by a blow that would knock him out,
    Once per fight Heimdall will intercede on your behalf, the first time you would be knocked out

Champions have a 20% chance to instantly regain 20% of their HP just before they’re knocked out. This chance increases by 20% for each Champion on their team currently knocked out.

Heimdall should only ever work the first time, the OP taks about the second, but it specifies the first.

The problem is the champion can and should also trigger here as well. If heimdall triggers before the champion though it may delay the champion But if the champion triggers first, then heimdall may not recognize it as being knocked out.

the same happens with angela

This is a classic race condition in programming, that you cannot bet on. If they were to fix anything it would be to ensure that they all trigger on the first death.
  • Capn_DanteCapn_Dante Posts: 565 ★★★
    If you put them in the correct order it always triggers champion and hela/angela synergy first and then heimdall synergy after the next time you get knocked out... I used this synergy team for basically all of variant 2 and all of chapter 3 variant 1... the only time it doesn't work is if there is ability accuracy reduction OR as in the video, you get knocked out not by a hit but instead by other damage like bane's degen
  • MercilessMerciless Posts: 26

If you put them in the correct order it always triggers champion and hela/angela synergy first and then heimdall synergy after the next time you get knocked out... I used this synergy team for basically all of variant 2 and all of chapter 3 variant 1... the only time it doesn't work is if there is ability accuracy reduction OR as in the video, you get knocked out not by a hit but instead by other damage like bane's degen

Yeah I never realized you need to get knocked out by a blow for the champion synergy to activate thanks for the info. I can't delete the discussion but turns out it's not a bug I'm just inexperienced 😅
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Thing: Once per fight, when Thing would be struck by a blow that would knock him out,
    Once per fight Heimdall will intercede on your behalf, the first time you would be knocked out

Champions have a 20% chance to instantly regain 20% of their HP just before they’re knocked out. This chance increases by 20% for each Champion on their team currently knocked out.

Heimdall should only ever work the first time, the OP taks about the second, but it specifies the first.

The problem is the champion can and should also trigger here as well. If heimdall triggers before the champion though it may delay the champion But if the champion triggers first, then heimdall may not recognize it as being knocked out.

This is a classic race condition in programming, that you cannot bet on. If they were to fix anything it would be to ensure that they all trigger on the first death.
    Perhaps you should stop proclaiming stuff you obviously have no idea about.

As solved, the Synergies is not proceed by DoT.
    RoOOts said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Perhaps you should stop proclaiming stuff you obviously have no idea about.

As solved, the Synergies is not proceed by DoT.
    Perhaps you should take your own advice, particularly before attacking another personally, nothing in my statement is talking about the dot aspect, but the supposed order of operations.