**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Contest of Champions Comics and Game

RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★
I was reading up on this post online and noticed few things that caught my eye. According to this image we see the original 12 champions of the contest

But according to the comic book there is a slight alternation that was made

As you see Punisher2099 was originally one of the 12 in the comics and their story is quite interesting which makes wonder if this will happen during Act 7 storyline but involving Carina instead.

Finally i learned there is in fact a 3rd punisher that exists in the contest of champions comic world warning this last post reveals punisher2099 death!

I hope this doesnt get me in trouble but i wanted to know if the comicverse is connected to the gameverse of the contest?

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    bruh I love how he just killed him right then and there like dang bro
  • Options
    @RiderofHell , don’t think Punisher 2099 (nor Maesteo) counted as being in that “Original 12” that were brought into Contest. Wonder if those 2 were thought of as being separate (before ?) the other 12 ?

Anyways, for those newer to game that hadn’t seen this pic before or it's story line, the 4 in the background are the “Fantastic 4” who eventually made it into the game here.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,812 ★★★★★
    No, the stories aren't connected, the origins of the Symbiods is different, the appearance of Night Thrasher in the contest is different, the way the contest works/worked is different and we have yet to get Gun-R (RIP), White Fox, Blue Marvel, America Chavez, Stick, Outlaw (the 'British Punisher') and a couple of others in the game. Also, Iron Man was released from the contest - unaware of what had happened other than as a weird dream - before any of this with Maestro and Punisher 2099 went down. They're best described as alternate realities.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    So you read CBR too?
  • Options
    ???
  • Options
    If it was connected, we’d have America Chavez

and I wouldn’t be ftp
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,595 ★★★★
    So. Is this the next months side event? I sure hope so.
  • Options

and I wouldn’t be ftp

I'd rather have Blue Marvel or White Fox.
  • Options

and I wouldn’t be ftp

I'd rather have Blue Marvel or White Fox.
    but I mean those portals are dope. Just stars. Really hope she shows up in Doctor Strange 2!
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Interesting!
  • Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    My theory is that next month we will see Punisher (Nigel Higgens) and Cosmic Ghost Rider which could tie in to the story as well as the herald event.