**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

It's Here! My Storm (Pyramid X) Guide

2»

Comments

• RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★

Also, have you tried her out in the incursions? I would imagine she'd be insane with the prowess hack and buff cornucopia.

I haven’t because I run suicides, and in incursions you really need to run then we’ll or not at all

I imagine she would be crazy with prowess potency, buff cornucopia and perpetual offence. I’m sure there is others as well. Tide of combat might work well too
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Also, have you tried her out in the incursions? I would imagine she'd be insane with the prowess hack and buff cornucopia.

I haven’t because I run suicides, and in incursions you really need to run then we’ll or not at all

I imagine she would be crazy with prowess potency, buff cornucopia and perpetual offence. I’m sure there is others as well. Tide of combat might work well too
    Oh my I really wanna try that now

But it's gonna take a long time to rank her up because I have Guillotine 2099, Torch, Corvus. and maybe Void to rank up first.

Oh my I really wanna try that now

But it's gonna take a long time to rank her up because I have Guillotine 2099, Torch, Corvus. and maybe Void to rank up first.
    Yeah I would take them up first.

Well maybe not Corvus but I feel like I could say whatever I want and it wouldn’t change anyone’s mind
    ESF said:

MY MAN!!! You are the freaking best

Haha, thanks, means a lot coming from the champion expert himself
    So, slight update I guess. I was stupidly lucky and pulled 5* Thing, a 5* max sig ghost, 5* Dragon Man and 5* Prof X from 9 Prof X cavaliers

So I immediately began testing Prof ax’s synergies with Storm.

And they’re good. At 4 cerebro charges, it is very, very easy to throw SP3’s with 12 prowess, and they hit for about 180k each. Which is crazy. I did get one 218k SP3 against Scarlet Witch in ROL but I had the Fury so that pushed it to that height. I reckon with some attack boosting synergies you could get it to do 200k consistently

Makes me even more excited for Apocalyose’s as I think I could potentially hit 250k. Maybe, diminishing returns might kill it.

So yeah. Prof X synergies get an A+ for her from me

• ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★

So, slight update I guess. I was stupidly lucky and pulled 5* Thing, a 5* max sig ghost, 5* Dragon Man and 5* Prof X from 9 Prof X cavaliers

And they’re good. At 4 cerebro charges, it is very, very easy to throw SP3’s with 12 prowess, and they hit for about 180k each. Which is crazy. I did get one 218k SP3 against Scarlet Witch in ROL but I had the Fury so that pushed it to that height. I reckon with some attack boosting synergies you could get it to do 200k consistently

Makes me even more excited for Apocalyose’s as I think I could potentially hit 250k. Maybe, diminishing returns might kill it.

I sooooooo need an Apocalypse for her. Only got the Professor as a 4-star but took him to 5/50. Congratulations on your luck and thanks for your continued testing; this stuff is important!
    ESF said:

I sooooooo need an Apocalypse for her. Only got the Professor as a 4-star but took him to 5/50. Congratulations on your luck and thanks for your continued testing; this stuff is important!
    I’ll be going for the featured 4* arena for apocalypse. I was going for Prof X, but no need now. I’ll be make sure to us OST’s this once I’ve tested it
    Alright, folks, I blew my units on Apocalypse Cavs.

And got a 4* Apocalypse.

So it was Storm X testing time

And.

Oh. My. God.

This is insane. The SP2's have a much higher chance to crit, so if you're feeling lucky, it's pretty viable to go for it, making her much more effective in short to mid-range fights. The benefits of being a horseman are great. Nice safety net, the bleed resistance is amazing, essentially making her triple immune. The offensive ability accuracy shouldn't affect her stuns, but it feels like it does. Because she is proccing them a lot.

But the real star here is the base synergy. After charging her heavy to full, she has a 70% chance to stack a passive prowess granting 15% extra special damage. With Horseman active, you get 20% prowess potency and another base 50% prowess.

What I, and seemingly everyone, didn't realise, is that you can stack these passive prowesses

So if you charge your heavy to full multiple times in quick succession, you can potentially stack 20-30 of these if you're lucky.

Here's me playing horribly, but throwing off a 311K SP3. This is with a team composition of:

5/65 Storm X (Horseman activated)
    5/65 Professor X (4 Cerebro charges)
    5/65 Colossus
    1/25 Mr Sinister
    1/10 Apocalypse

https://youtu.be/1VdA1N2TJEA

Pretty insane. The craziest part? You can get higher. I did get one higher but ROL wolverine was at 20% and I never saw the full damage. I estimate it could have been about 340K. So yeah, it's madness

Of course, that isn't really realistic. Especially the team composition ramp up. But it's possible

I also recorded a whole fights with the same team vs Storm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcOe_3UEwMk&feature=youtu.be

This was before I figured out the passive prowess trick, but testing against Black Bolt and Hulk, it's not super practical to get more than 2 charges before your SP3.

I figured there wasn't much point uploading regular horseman gameplay since there is already an abundance on Youtube, but playing her my way just as a horseman you can expect consistent 150K to 180K SP3's. So the Prof X and Apocalypse stuff seems pretty similar in terms of damage value, but they can potentially offer different utilities. Professor X almost gives up to 72% poison resistance and Apocalypse can give 100% bleed resistance.

So together she can almost be quadruple immune. Excellent I say.

Overall, these synergies are game changing for this champion. Honestly. She was pretty great before, but with the right synergy team, she's crazy good now. The other thing? The team I used, depite being all mutants, isn't even that bad if you have them all ranked. Cover a lot of ground.

I guess this thread will essentially be archived now, unless they come out with another crazy mechanic, synergy, or pre fight. Hopefully this has helped at least a few people, and I'm open to suggestions and feedback on potential future prjects if anyone has any ideas or criticisms

Thanks for reading (And bearing with my waffling)!
  • youaintrightyouaintright Posts: 185 ★★
    Agreed on the base synergies. I pulled 5* Apocalypse and took him to R4 like Storm X. I've been using them both now pretty consistently and seriously considering taking them both to R5. The bleed immunity is much welcome with suicides and, with her comparatively low HP, the unstoppable is awesome if you ever slip up.

And got a 4* Apocalypse.

And.

Oh. My. God.

This is insane. The SP2's have a much higher chance to crit, so if you're feeling lucky, it's pretty viable to go for it, making her much more effective in short to mid-range fights. The benefits of being a horseman are great. Nice safety net, the bleed resistance is amazing, essentially making her triple immune. The offensive ability accuracy shouldn't affect her stuns, but it feels like it does. Because she is proccing them a lot.

But the real star here is the base synergy. After charging her heavy to full, she has a 70% chance to stack a passive prowess granting 15% extra special damage. With Horseman active, you get 20% prowess potency and another base 50% prowess.

What I, and seemingly everyone, didn't realise, is that you can stack these passive prowesses

So if you charge your heavy to full multiple times in quick succession, you can potentially stack 20-30 of these if you're lucky.

Here's me playing horribly, but throwing off a 311K SP3. This is with a team composition of:

5/65 Colossus
    1/25 Mr Sinister
    1/10 Apocalypse

Pretty insane. The craziest part? You can get higher. I did get one higher but ROL wolverine was at 20% and I never saw the full damage. I estimate it could have been about 340K. So yeah, it's madness

Of course, that isn't really realistic. Especially the team composition ramp up. But it's possible

This was before I figured out the passive prowess trick, but testing against Black Bolt and Hulk, it's not super practical to get more than 2 charges before your SP3.

I figured there wasn't much point uploading regular horseman gameplay since there is already an abundance on Youtube, but playing her my way just as a horseman you can expect consistent 150K to 180K SP3's. So the Prof X and Apocalypse stuff seems pretty similar in terms of damage value, but they can potentially offer different utilities. Professor X almost gives up to 72% poison resistance and Apocalypse can give 100% bleed resistance.

Overall, these synergies are game changing for this champion. Honestly. She was pretty great before, but with the right synergy team, she's crazy good now. The other thing? The team I used, depite being all mutants, isn't even that bad if you have them all ranked. Cover a lot of ground.

I guess this thread will essentially be archived now, unless they come out with another crazy mechanic, synergy, or pre fight. Hopefully this has helped at least a few people, and I'm open to suggestions and feedback on potential future prjects if anyone has any ideas or criticisms

This. Was. Crazy. 🤯😱

And got a 4* Apocalypse.

And.

Oh. My. God.

5/65 Colossus
    1/25 Mr Sinister
    1/10 Apocalypse

This. Was. Crazy. 🤯😱
    And people say she’s only an ok champion

I laugh at those people.

And got a 4* Apocalypse.

And.

Oh. My. God.

5/65 Colossus
    1/25 Mr Sinister
    1/10 Apocalypse

This. Was. Crazy. 🤯😱

I laugh at those people.
    Yeah she's really good.

Also, make more of these guides, they're really good.

And got a 4* Apocalypse.

And.

Oh. My. God.

5/65 Colossus
    1/25 Mr Sinister
    1/10 Apocalypse

This. Was. Crazy. 🤯😱

I laugh at those people.
    Yeah she's really good.

Also, make more of these guides, they're really good.
    I’ll see what I can do. Just started uni so time is stretched a bit thin just now. The problem is, the vast majority of other champions are explained really well on YouTube. I feel like I wouldn’t be offering much different. I’ll see what I come up with though
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    I was so excited to see SPX in my 6* real yesterday. She was right there! Till it rolled over to a Beast. 😑
    Etjama said:

I was so excited to see SPX in my 6* real yesterday. She was right there! Till it rolled over to a Beast. 😑

That’s an Oof right there. I’ve got a 6* Beast. I’m afraid to say he’s useless, especially without the dupe
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

That’s an Oof right there. I’ve got a 6* Beast. I’m afraid to say he’s useless, especially without the dupe
    After some testing, I have to concur.
    Midnite93 said:

This is brilliant if I get her as my first 6 star or as a 5 star I will be coming here to read this guide again. I am impressed great job! 👍👍👍

Thanks, I appreciate it!
    Ok last update I promise. I think @Savage pointed out the Magneto X synergy that gives horsemen +30% prowess potency

So I just tested this and...and...wow

Yeah you can pretty easily hit 350k SP3’s. I was easily dropping ROL opponents in 2 SP3’s with overkill. It’s madness