**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Badrose wrote: »
    Remember: he will not debate any further.
    He always argues for what ever kabam say or does even if it's not in the best interest for the community or game. Am against rdt in general but if this system stays in place then they should be given out. Kabam has even said that some champs are more defensive, look at Juggs for instance, I ranked him up for the sole purpose of defence an will never use him anywhere else, but cos someone else has a higher rated Juggs than mine then his sole purpose is now void, this is why we should get rdt
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Toukolou wrote: »
    All this talk of spending. I think Kabam is experiencing the exact opposite. People are now reaching the mini bosses and the boss with full champs. Collectively, it isn't even a challenge taking them down. I've only used a couple of health pots and zero revives since the new iteration.

That being said, they've sucked the life out of the single interesting and engaging aspect of the game that was left. AQ? Yawn...same paths, same champs for months. New quests? One a month finished by most over a couple of days/weeks, then nothing but waiting and running the same paths over for completion event. Reward/arena events? A rotating parade of same old, same old.

I know many in my alliance share this sentiment. This change is even worse than the January champ nerfs. How about investing some intellectual resources in coming up with new content rather than tinkering with (and messing up) existing content.

I think the long term plan here is that diversity will increase spending by forcing people to grind for new champs and update useless champs. As well as unlock suicides I'd you haven't already to increase defender rating.

Also, nothing stopping them from increasing the node difficulty and saying you guys asked for this
  • nuggznuggz Posts: 124
    I'm not completely against the new aw design but u cant create a system where rating out scores skill.

All allainces that are maxing out all their available points in aw are winning/losing from defender rating.... that's not any better then discouraging ppl from fighting bosses in old aw due to defender kills imo.

The chances of an alliance winning against a higher rated opponent is almost zero even if everything is done correctly.

There has to be a way to balance out players skill and rating. Scale down defender kill points so a death is not overwhelming but can still win you a war against an alliance that has a higher rating.

I don't want to lose against an alliance where rating is the tie breaker when I know darn well that our alliances skill is far beyond what we reaped in rewards do to the new point system.
    edited September 2017
    @Kabam Miike

They really need to figure out a way to balance out an alliances rating and skill thereof.

I don't want to lose to guy I know i can beat just because their champs are stronger.

Given we've both done everything correct on the diversity side of things, explore equally, boss kills etc....
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Kabams argument for everything ends in "balance."
    We nerfed these champs for "balance."
    We buffed these champs for "balance."
    Blah blah etc etc etc

Haven't figured out where their design for "balance" was aimed here with the new system.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Badrose wrote: »
    Remember: he will not debate any further.

I'm not quoting you or talking you you right now.
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    g20bs33nsss7.png
    skills are not the problem its the lack of defender kills thats the problem because that is the true sign for skill. the reason everyone is getting 100% everytime is not cause its way easier it is because they dont have to worry about giving kills to the enemy so they can try to buy the war (which kabam likes) this is why war is making them more now cause no one is giving up they just use up items till the map is 100% no matter what the cost. if they make it as hard as it used to be then it will only hurt our item use more cause without defender kills you have to clear 100% in all groups
  • andrade5184andrade5184 Posts: 285 ★★
    theres4yv8p6aw8hvi.png
    theres the bottom of that war photo since i couldnt get it all in one shot
  • XroxfistXroxfist Posts: 18
    nuggz wrote: »
    There has to be a way to balance out players skill and rating. Scale down defender kill points so a death is not overwhelming but can still win you a war against an alliance that has a higher rating.

I don't want to lose against an alliance where rating is the tie breaker when I know darn well that our alliances skill is far beyond what we reaped in rewards do to the new point system.

Defender kill was never overwhelming. It took ten defender kills to overcome a percentage. In this new system since there are more 100 percents can scale down defender kills so that they are more inline with possibly overcoming rating differences. Like perhaps ten points per kill.
  • TomieCzechTomieCzech Posts: 79
    @Kabam Miike PUT THE OLD WAR BACK PLEASE, FIX THE NEW ONE BEHIND THE CURTAINS!!
  • TomieCzechTomieCzech Posts: 79
    edited September 2017
    And whoever is flagging my posts as spam, speak up! I'm not spam, I'm a real and pissed person who's expressing his opinions! If you work for Kabam - stop flagging my posts and start fixing the mess!!
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited September 2017
    I know my reply will be not popular. Well, maybe it will be not read neither, like I've not read the almost 70 pages here. Anyway here I go.

After all, I think this change was made in the right way.

Kabam wanted diversity and Everyone was begging for diversity.
    Now we have Diversity. AND Defenders Kills should be out. Yep, it should be removed.

Why? if people could score points with Defenders Kills, then people will pass of Defenders Diversity and stay with their Kill-makers Defenders.
    It's pretty evident. And you can know it just reading people here, everyone is pissed out because they now should use different champs, rank up new champs and their champs already ranked up for the only purpose AWD are a waste. If they could choose between DDiversity points and DKills points they will stay with DK because they are already have the champs and they are points factories.

About people complaining because some Wars are lose just because DD points, well it will happen no matter the system. In the former system we lost Wars despite we had more kills just because the other team had High Rated Defenders. I.e. maybe it was the exact same thing because they had maybe some "specials" high pi champs and we were screwed. Even, if they had just normal champs but ultra maxed then the fair we should won anyway because we were skillest beating stronger enemies and it was easier for them; but we lost and nobody cried because it was already the system.
    No matter the system, if you can find a guilty for the lose you will do it, but people is prone to do it just when a new "unfair" system is released.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    I know my reply will be not popular. Well, maybe it will be not read neither, like I've not read the almost 70 pages here. Anyway here I go.

Now we have Diversity. AND Defenders Kills should be out. Yep, it should be removed.

Why? if people could score points with Defenders Kills, then people will pass of Defenders Diversity and stay with their Kill-makers Defenders.
    It's pretty evident. And you can know it just reading people here, everyone is pissed out because they now should use different champs, rank up new champs and their champs already ranked up for the only purpose AWD are a waste. If they could choose between DDiversity points and DKills points they will stay with DK because they are already have the champs and they are points factories.

About people complaining because some Wars are lose just because DD points, well it will happen no matter the system. In the former system we lost Wars despite we had more kills just because the other team had High Rated Defenders. I.e. maybe it was the exact same thing because they had maybe some "specials" high pi champs and we were screwed. Even, if they had just normal champs but ultra maxed then the fair we should won anyway because we were skillest beating stronger enemies and it was easier for them; but we lost and nobody cried because it was already the system.
    No matter the system, if you can find a guilty for the lose you will do it, but people is prone to do it just when a new "unfair" system is released.

Not a call out, just gonna state the obvious from a thread you made on June 22nd where you asked "What defender to 4/40." Its obvious that your still in the position to be over powered by a bigger alliance, which also could be a new one climbing through the tiers that you may come up against. Yes, you can easily lose. So that alone, to me, takes some weight off of much of your argument.
    edited September 2017
    R4GE wrote: »

Why?, if people could score points with Defenders Kills, then people will pass of Defenders Diversity and stay with their Kill-makers Defenders.

No matter the system, if you can fin a guilty for the lose you will do it, but people is prone tom do it just when a new "unfair" system is released.

You didn't argue the points being made at all. None of what you mentioned has anything to do with what this game is about and what AW was designed for.

Diversity can stay, but adding defender kills back in and increasing difficulty can give multiple strategies for alliances to decided on.

The case you made doesn't even touch base on a single thing wrong with the AW scoring system either. The argument you made about the former system and losing to a higher rated defenders is flawed when reading the argument that skill alone could over come that.
    In this forum a recurrent argument is appeal to the "it was design for" (whatever the speaker want because he's "the owner of the design" at that time), but it's a fallacie then I'll not discuss it, the truth is, AW is what Kabam have designed and right now AW is it.

I have said why if Diversity stay, Defends Kill would be out, otherwise people will stay with DK and Diversity will be dead.
    I have argue and proved people just see problems because the bias it's a new system and they (complainers) are losing. In the old system many wars could be decided just for the Rating Defenders points, despite who had more Defenders Kills and/or killed strongers Defenders.

If people want the skill to be rewarded then many things should be change in this game. For example, the stronger should get less points than the weakers (because you need more skill for beat stronger enemies than weaker ones), Wars should be matched according to the strength of the members instead the Wars Rating (good bye swaping and shell alliances for easy rewards for no skill), Arenas should have a real and effective bracket system and everyone should be in the pool with similar fishes (because the guy doing 3x more series for score the same is struggling more than a fat fish), etc.
  • HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    JRock808 wrote: »
    I have not used an item in war since this update.

If the idea was to encourage people to revive and heal up and keep fighting after death in war then you have failed.

Now you either know you will win and do so easily with little or no item use or you have no chance and you just go through the motions, using no items until your champs are freed up.

A complete fail on all fronts.

Why?, if people could score points with Defenders Kills, then people will pass of Defenders Diversity and stay with their Kill-makers Defenders.

No matter the system, if you can fin a guilty for the lose you will do it, but people is prone tom do it just when a new "unfair" system is released.

You didn't argue the points being made at all. None of what you mentioned has anything to do with what this game is about and what AW was designed for.

Diversity can stay, but adding defender kills back in and increasing difficulty can give multiple strategies for alliances to decided on.

The case you made doesn't even touch base on a single thing wrong with the AW scoring system either. The argument you made about the former system and losing to a higher rated defenders is flawed when reading the argument that skill alone could over come that.
    In this forum a recurrent argument is appeal to the "it was design for" (whatever the speaker want because he's "the owner of the design" at that time), but it's a fallacie then I'll not discuss it, the truth is, AW is what Kabam have designed and right now AW is it.

I have said why if Diversity stay, Defends Kill would be out, otherwise people will stay with DK and Diversity will be dead.
    I have argue and proved people just see problems because the bias it's a new system and they (complainers) are losing. In the old system many wars could be decided just for the Rating Defenders points, despite who had more Defenders Kills and/or killed strongers Defenders.

If people want the skill to be rewarded then many things should be change in this game. For example, the stronger should get less points than the weakers (because you need more skill for beat stronger enemies than weaker ones), Wars should be matched according to the strength of the members instead the Wars Rating (good bye swaping and shell alliances for easy rewards for no skill), Arenas should have a real and effective bracket system and everyone should be in the pool with similar fishes (because the guy doing 3x more series for score the same is struggling more than a fat fish), etc.

I don’t even know how to react to this...this is a joke right?

Not a call out, just gonna state the obvious from a thread you made on June 22nd where you asked "What defender to 4/40." Its obvious that your still in the position to be over powered by a bigger alliance, which also could be a new one climbing through the tiers that you may come up against. Yes, you can easily lose. So that alone, to me, takes some weight off of much of your argument.
    I think you have a different understanding of whats right and wrong in this game since you're also a player arguing for whats best for you in this thread here... https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/23561/should-act-fours-2-energy-per-tile-be-permanent/p3

Let me also just copy and past a previous comment I made here that seems fitting to you since you seem to be one of those players looking for whats easiest and whats best for YOU...

While this thread started as feedback to the changes of AW it has turned into this huge debate of Non-competive players VS competitive players. Although I mostly only see one non-competitive player.

The non-competeive player(s) seem to not understand the basis and fundamentals of what this game is about, competition. It isn't called a "contest" for no reason. We are in a game of alliance vs alliance and may the better team win. Grind hard for those top defenders, rank them wisely, strategize your placement, develop your skills and put them to the test in WAR. All this is lacking in the new system.

For the non-competitive, I can see why you like this new system because it is easier. You probably couldn't drop defenders as you attempted to move through the tiers and now you actually have a chance to clear a full path. The thing you neglect to understand is you were in the tiers you deserved to be in. Do you really think that even in this new system you will climb to the top? Even if you move up a couple more tiers you are gonna get shut down by bigger rosters. So many arguments don't make sense. Just say "I like it because its easier" and move on or just sit and read whats really wrong with it.

I am also sure the casual and non-completive players reading this thread understand everything being said as to whats wrong with AW. The problem is you want to try and debate them with nonsense when ultimately you just feel you have this self-entitlement to be deserving of everything active or competitive players have and you feel you should always be on the same playing field with them to get the same rewards. This isn't really an opinion, we see it often in talks of arenas as well. "I have a job and life so I can't grind," SORRY! Arenas obviously aren't for you and apparently neither are wars. You want those 5* shard rewards, I get it, earn them like everyone else and put in the effort. If not, settle with the tier you are in. And if you are losing wars at least be happy Kabam has taking the Little League Baseball approach and included a participation trophy.

I could go on forever with this but I will just end it with a reminder to the non-competitive player(s), you only get what you put in.

Dude, I have not time for stalk people, read his historic comments trying to find anything to (you believe) unvalidated people, so I'll try reply everything fast.

1) What if some months ago I was asking for hints for rank4?. Then Am I wrong but I would be right if I have rank5 4*s and rank4 5*s?. Maybe I already have them.
    But it would not change the facts and the truth.
    Facts are, in the past many Wars were decided not for who had more defenders kills, who killed stronger defenders, ie who was the skillest, but who had the bigger defenders.
    I thought you was arguing for the skill but it seem you were not. I'm not neither arguing it was unfair, I'm just saying this problem already exist before but nobody complained because it was the default system and nobody was biased for find problems.

2) In that thread I'm supporting something is not the best for me, in fact, someone else was trying unvalidated me (ad hominem is the favorite argument here) because "I was not doing that content" (claimed for someone against something he already had done but arguing for something do was the best for him).

Bigger alliances/fishes want easy rewards while call them self "competitives" and ****, and cry because someone strunggling x4 want rewards as the "competitives" get with no effort.

• HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263

I think you have a different understanding of whats right and wrong in this game since you're also a player arguing for whats best for you in this thread here... https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/23561/should-act-fours-2-energy-per-tile-be-permanent/p3

Let me also just copy and past a previous comment I made here that seems fitting to you since you seem to be one of those players looking for whats easiest and whats best for YOU...

While this thread started as feedback to the changes of AW it has turned into this huge debate of Non-competive players VS competitive players. Although I mostly only see one non-competitive player.

The non-competeive player(s) seem to not understand the basis and fundamentals of what this game is about, competition. It isn't called a "contest" for no reason. We are in a game of alliance vs alliance and may the better team win. Grind hard for those top defenders, rank them wisely, strategize your placement, develop your skills and put them to the test in WAR. All this is lacking in the new system.

For the non-competitive, I can see why you like this new system because it is easier. You probably couldn't drop defenders as you attempted to move through the tiers and now you actually have a chance to clear a full path. The thing you neglect to understand is you were in the tiers you deserved to be in. Do you really think that even in this new system you will climb to the top? Even if you move up a couple more tiers you are gonna get shut down by bigger rosters. So many arguments don't make sense. Just say "I like it because its easier" and move on or just sit and read whats really wrong with it.

I am also sure the casual and non-completive players reading this thread understand everything being said as to whats wrong with AW. The problem is you want to try and debate them with nonsense when ultimately you just feel you have this self-entitlement to be deserving of everything active or competitive players have and you feel you should always be on the same playing field with them to get the same rewards. This isn't really an opinion, we see it often in talks of arenas as well. "I have a job and life so I can't grind," SORRY! Arenas obviously aren't for you and apparently neither are wars. You want those 5* shard rewards, I get it, earn them like everyone else and put in the effort. If not, settle with the tier you are in. And if you are losing wars at least be happy Kabam has taking the Little League Baseball approach and included a participation trophy.

I could go on forever with this but I will just end it with a reminder to the non-competitive player(s), you only get what you put in.

Dude, I have not time for stalk people, read his historic comments trying to find anything to (you believe) unvalidated people, so I'll try reply everything fast.

1) What if some months ago I was asking for hints for rank4?. Then Am I wrong but I would be right if I have rank5 4*s and rank4 5*s?. Maybe I already have them.
    But it would not change the facts and the truth.
    Facts are, in the past many Wars were decided not for who had more defenders kills, who killed stronger defenders, ie who was the skillest, but who had the bigger defenders.
    I thought you was arguing for the skill but it seem you were not. I'm not neither arguing it was unfair, I'm just saying this problem already exist before but nobody complained because it was the default system and nobody was biased for find problems.

2) In that thread I'm supporting something is not the best for me, in fact, someone else was trying unvalidated me (ad hominem is the favorite argument here) because "I was not doing that content" (claimed for someone against something he already had done but arguing for something do was the best for him).

Bigger alliances/fishes want easy rewards while call them self "competitives" and ****, and cry because someone strunggling x4 want rewards as the "competitives" get with no effort.

YEP, definitely yanking our chains....
This discussion has been closed.