Options

Mordo Triggering Degen on Mix Master Node

Mordo's degeneration triggers on misses due to the Mix Master node; however, his character description specifies that this occurs while stunned. Since Mix Master does not trigger a stun, Mordo's degeneration mechanic should not trigger due to misses as a result of the Mix Master node.

Comments

• Options
    Inked84Inked84 Posts: 14
    I'm obviously aware of how it's currently working, but that's not what his description says.

While Stunned:

Even while Stunned, Mordo’s astral form senses incoming non-special attacks and quickly counter-attacks, inflicting Degeneration for 75% of your attack as direct damage over 2.5 seconds.

It says very specifically "While Stunned." It does not say whenever Mordo evades an attack or an opponent misses. This interaction is not consistent with the character description, so the mechanic needs to be changed or his character description needs to be changed.
  • Options

Have fun in abyss.

Lol, yeah that tripped me up the first time it happened haha
  • Options
    Inked84Inked84 Posts: 14

It counts as an evade, meaning any evade. The evade procs when the opponent hits him while he stuns. If it was meant to be while he is stunned, Characters with abilities that stop evading would not work against him. It's an evade bro, no matter what

Read this a few times and it still doesn't make any sense. What do you mean "if it was meant to be while stunned?" It literally says "While stunned" so of course it was meant to be while stunned. This shouldn't be a reading comprehension exercise, it's pretty clear. And whether or not it's classified as an evade hasn't been brought into question, although it could be because misses are not the same as evades (see Truestrike interaction with Invisible Woman). Regardless of the classification of the missed attack, the degen shouldn't trigger unless the miss was preceded by a stun.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,777 ★★★★★
    So, I can see where the confusion it's coming from.
    But this interaction has already been confirmed to be the intended. Same thing goes for Wasp and Elsa, for example.

Is just a case where the wording could be updated in a future update, to specify what happens when Mordo evades an attack
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 842 ★★★

But this interaction has already been confirmed to be the intended. Same thing goes for Wasp and Elsa, for example.

Is just a case where the wording could be updated in a future update, to specify what happens when Mordo evades an attack

Wasp explicitly says ‘when evading an attack’ whereas mordo’s is unclear. I do see OP’s point however i see both sides
  • Options
    Lo4eathLo4eath Posts: 309
    Hazzalec1 said:

Wasp explicitly says ‘when evading an attack’ whereas mordo’s is unclear. I do see OP’s point however i see both sides
    Yes, it's the spaghetti code Kabam is working with. Basically, the logic behind Mordo triggering degen is - Am I stunned - Evade - Degen. Now, since the logic dictates that Evade - Degen, it ignores the stun part and just goes ahead with the degen.