**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Eh, just complaining I guess

Well, I'm really excited about how good Magneto is against metal champs and really overall a solid champ now, but not even after getting him I can hope to EXPLORE this quest without using a dumb amount of revives.
Crossbones AAR is still too high and so half of my parries at least fail, Bane node is still there dropping my champs in about 3 seconds everytime it triggers, I stick to heavies really (with Magneto) but this fight really demands an aggressive playstyle due to all that's going on and sometimes I may hit his block by mistake and ofc Biohazard is still there to destroy you, Crossbones being defensive sometimes doesn't help at all as you can't transfer Bane.
So yeah, I'm missing like 5 paths I think and I'm not very excited about it, I'm already in 6.3 so I know my champs and honestly this fight is still the most **** fight so far imo, cuz with that stupid Bane even having good champs you still get ****. Can't think of more than two or perhaps three champs if I'm reaching that can deal easily with that Bane node.

Just saying, a fight with a node that drops 99% of the champs in three seconds can't be called skill or roster based imo, more like wallet based. And I'm sure that there are more Bane/Degen nodes forward, but stuff like Biohazard, AAR, Power struggle, etc. Really stops you cold unlike a regular degen fight.

Again, I'm not Swedeah level but I'm not a noob either, but I guess that I still need some planning. Posting this to take the bad taste out of my mouth I guess and if you guys want to complain about **** fights and give your insights you're all welcome!

Comments

• RisenfromhellRisenfromhell Posts: 244 ★★
    You know you can take the path and remove bane right
  • RisenfromhellRisenfromhell Posts: 244 ★★
    Ops sorry my bad doing a 24h shift and im sleepy my bad
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    bane is completely skill based. you have a bleed immune. it's as simple as not hitting his block. I don't know what to say about your parries not sticking. just watch them. if you can't do those, you clearly shouldn't be cavalier
  • Nowan01Nowan01 Posts: 31

wait you're complaining about bane?

The whole fight is kinda wack really, but Bane is just the worst. Completion wasn't really troublesome as you could bait him for as long as you could.
    Nowan01 said:

wait you're complaining about bane?

The whole fight is kinda wack really, but Bane is just the worst. Completion wasn't really troublesome as you could bait him for as long as you could.
    again, it's all skill. there are a bunch of strategies to deal with it, that I and im sure others would be happy to share

bane is completely skill based. you have a bleed immune. it's as simple as not hitting his block. I don't know what to say about your parries not sticking. just watch them. if you can't do those, you clearly shouldn't be cavalier

Bane skill based while you do a perfect special baiting and the enemy just doesn't throw his sp2, therefore the degen fcks you up in three seconds? Riiiiight, completely skill based lmao. Btw that Cavalier comment of yours is completely unnecessary, as for completion the fight is much easier. Also, I made it clear that I don't want to discuss really, just complain and if anything get actual insights, not bs words from the forum keyboard warriors.
    Whaaaat said:

Nowan01 said:

I'm already in 6.3 so I know my champs and honestly this fight is still the most **** fight so far imo

6.2.2 Mr Sinister enters the chat
    6.2.5 Mordo enters the chat
    Mr Sinister drops really easily with plenty of champs and his difficulty doesn't change for exploration, Mordo has more counters than Crossbones aswell, plus is further content.
    Nowan01 said:

Bane skill based while you do a perfect special baiting and the enemy just doesn't throw his sp2, therefore the degen fcks you up in three seconds? Riiiiight, completely skill based lmao. Btw that Cavalier comment of yours is completely unnecessary, as for completion the fight is much easier. Also, I made it clear that I don't want to discuss really, just complain and if anything get actual insights, not bs words from the forum keyboard warriors.
    idk you said give your insights you're all welcome, which is exactly what I did. and apologies for defending kabam and their bs-ery with my keyboard warriorness that is extremely present

Crossbones isn't that restrictive of a boss. There are quite a lot of counters to him. Warlock, sentinel, G2099, Ghost, Colossus, Omega Red, Magneto, Morningstar, Ægon, etc.

For completion I agree, but exploration is really eh, not motivating. I mean, being careful with Bane, not hitting his block, parries failling cuz of Xbones AAR, etc. It's a lot to keep up imo and I'm just disappointed that in the end it's not likely to be doable itemless with most champs.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    I did my first run of 6.1.5 and left Bane up. It was easier than leaving up Force of Will. Name plays in your favor.
  • unoobmeprounoobmepro Posts: 899 ★★★
    use g2099 for him not magNOto
  • YcatsYcats Posts: 146 ★★
    The number of champs who proc a fury buff while also being poison immune is few and far between and on top of that the E.M.P modification node punishes you for triggering those buffs. The Mordo boss is worse since you could have the perfect counter to him but if one of your other champs die you have to waste a revive on them even if you're not going to use them for the boss. If you can't beat crossbones with your champs than it might be more of a skill issue.

use g2099 for him not magNOto

Sure, in fact I can make most of the work with her. Until Xbones doesn't throw specials and Bane fks me up, so yeah I know how to deal with the fight, It's just a bummer that it's still not doable itemless for me with only one champ maxed.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Nowan01 said:

Nowan01 said:

Crossbones isn't that restrictive of a boss. There are quite a lot of counters to him. Warlock, sentinel, G2099, Ghost, Colossus, Omega Red, Magneto, Morningstar, Ægon, etc.

For completion I agree, but exploration is really eh, not motivating. I mean, being careful with Bane, not hitting his block, parries failling cuz of Xbones AAR, etc. It's a lot to keep up imo and I'm just disappointed that in the end it's not likely to be doable itemless with most champs.
    You are in Act 6 and you still rely on parry. Idk what to say. How did you even get to 6.3? Very puzzling
    Mind you telling me a better way to get the most potential out of a champ like Magneto without parrying? Or do you really think that even with 90% bleed resistance while doing full combos he'll survive 5 stacks of bleed? Please enlighten me, cuz I made sure to point out that for that champ I needed to parry. Plus, you make it sound as if parrying was a forbiden mastery or a sin that no endgame player can commit lmao fk off
    You can spec into coagulate and negate the bleeds all together can’t you.
    edited September 2020
    Ycats said:

The number of champs who proc a fury buff while also being poison immune is few and far between and on top of that the E.M.P modification node punishes you for triggering those buffs. The Mordo boss is worse since you could have the perfect counter to him but if one of your other champs die you have to waste a revive on them even if you're not going to use them for the boss. If you can't beat crossbones with your champs than it might be more of a skill issue.

I can beat him tho, that's why I'm halfway in my exploration ._.
    Just saying that the fight is **** as your health melts in the blink of an eye while merely baiting. With Mordo I agree in that regard, but at least a variety of champs work against him. Sinister pretty much a whole team of cosmic champs can work. And again, is further content.

Nowan01 said:

Ycats said:

I can beat him tho, that's why I'm halfway in my exploration ._.
    Just saying that the fight is **** as your health melts in the blink of an eye while merely baiting. With Mordo I agree in that regard, but at least a variety of champs work against him. Sinister pretty much a whole team of cosmic champs can work. And again, is further content.
    so you’re telling me you can fight sinister and mordo(the two biggest roadblocks in story progression in this game) but u can’t do 6.1.5 xbones? if u have the counters to sinister and mordo and can take them easily u should have the counters to xbones? my gut tells me you’re lying about story progression in terms of 6.3 and that you’re not even cavalier if u can’t do xbones but can do the two hardest fights in the game

If you want I can post my profile or you can see yourself that I'm at least Cavalier which is not a big deal, perhaps I came across the wrong way with this post but I tried to make sure that I was merely stating my opinion based on experience and complaining lol. So yeah, PERSONALLY (or imo, as I stated before) this fight with Bane is worse for me, cuz the only champ that works with an aggressive playstyle for me in that fight is Guilly.
    Also, I'm well aware that at least exploring that Mordo chapter is more awful than this, I was talking just comparing the mechanics of both fights.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Nowan01 said:

Whaaaat said:

Nowan01 said:

I'm already in 6.3 so I know my champs and honestly this fight is still the most **** fight so far imo

6.2.2 Mr Sinister enters the chat
    6.2.5 Mordo enters the chat
    Mr Sinister drops really easily with plenty of champs and his difficulty doesn't change for exploration, Mordo has more counters than Crossbones aswell, plus is further content.
    6.2 sinister is one of the most niche act 6 bosses, 6.2.5 is a complete terrible chapter, xbones has many many counters compared to the other 2.

For 6.1.5 xbones you just need a bleed immune that hits somewhat hard

6.2.2 sinister you need a poison immune or ghost or quake with a fury and on top of that there is EMP mods

6.2.5 is a clown fiesta of a chapter and it requires your whole team to be alive to fight mordo and the lanes are terrible
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020
    Atleast we should be grateful that Kabam didn't put a global bane node in Abyss of legends.
    In all seriousness bane is a shite node but at your point of level, it really all comes down to your skill.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Atleast we should be grateful that Kabam didn't put a global bane node in Abyss of legends.
    In all seriousness bane is a shite node but at your point of level, it really all comes down to your skill.

skirmish charges are a million times worse than bane they are lazy and complete garbage

Nowan01 said:

Nowan01 said:

You are in Act 6 and you still rely on parry. Idk what to say. How did you even get to 6.3? Very puzzling
    Mind you telling me a better way to get the most potential out of a champ like Magneto without parrying? Or do you really think that even with 90% bleed resistance while doing full combos he'll survive 5 stacks of bleed? Please enlighten me, cuz I made sure to point out that for that champ I needed to parry. Plus, you make it sound as if parrying was a forbiden mastery or a sin that no endgame player can commit lmao fk off
    https://youtu.be/IF8QYxwlySE like this? You don't have to parry heavy all time. He isn't played like Colossus or AA
    Well, this fight that I posted cost me two revives, but I'm sure that with a 5/65 awakened Magneto I'll do much better. Also, I tried this same playstyle tbh but I was more unlucky as the bleeds from Biohazard were triggering much more often and about five of them were too much, so what I'm getting from this is that just in case I'll invest in the mastery that reduces bleed damage. Guilly was great aswell but due to her low healthpool Bane was a bit too much the few times that it triggered.
    So yeah, thanks for convincing me of my next r5.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited September 2020

Nowan01 said:

Nowan01 said:

https://youtu.be/IF8QYxwlySE like this? You don't have to parry heavy all time. He isn't played like Colossus or AA
    That’s a Horrible example since that CB is immune to AAR for all but one path in the quest.