**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Red Magneto is a top 3 mutant

TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
I said it.He got the all star treatment with this rework they did serious justice his only competition is colossus and omega red who slightly beat him out in my opinion. I mean it magneto has a great mix of damage and utility at max prowess he can hit like an absolute truck with his SP3 and if they are metal? The SP3 is gonna make them say good night cause they aren’t gonna be alive for long. Even if they survive his SP3 the bleeds will kill them easily.

His utility is also amazing. He can’t be auto blocked has really strong resistance to bleed which makes him incredible for suicides.and for metal champs heal block and ability Accuracy reduction.

Overall I think this was a fantastic rework and arguably the best rework ever? Maybe. But bottom line is I’m astounded by how good this rework was magneto has most definitely gotten justice.

Comments

• Options
    TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    GagoH said:

Against non immune , non metal defenders AA is still the better choice. With that said, Mags is still decent against non metals. So I’d say both are equally tiered as 3rd spot, kind of like how hype/cmm/corvus are so closely matched

Definitely I don’t think he’s the best in the class but he’s close I think colossus and omega ever so slightly edge him out
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I've got to agree. Omega and Colossus destroy the class, but Mags and AA are really similar. I'd have to say Mags has a slight edge though since there are more Metal champs than non bleed/poison immunes.
  • Options

Etjama said:

I've got to agree. Omega and Colossus destroy the class, but Mags and AA are really similar. I'd have to say Mags has a slight edge though since there are more Metal champs than non bleed/poison immunes.

Weren’t you a mags top 5 denier a couple of weeks ago or am I thinking about someone else? If it’s the former, good to see some growth and acknowledgement of Magnet toes’ superiority.
    Before he was actually released, I said I'd need some time to see what he can do before I call him top 5, and I've said AA might be better. I've also said he can't beat an awakened CMM with Nick on the team (I still stand by that one). Don't think I've said he's not a top 5 Mutant though.
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Weren’t you a mags top 5 denier a couple of weeks ago or am I thinking about someone else? If it’s the former, good to see some growth and acknowledgement of Magnet toes’ superiority.
    Before he was actually released, I said I'd need some time to see what he can do before I call him top 5, and I've said AA might be better. I've also said he can't beat an awakened CMM with Nick on the team (I still stand by that one). Don't think I've said he's not a top 5 Mutant though.
    Hmm are you sure you haven’t said that he wasn’t a top 5 mutant? I’m pretty sure you have said that but maybe I’m thinking of someone else with a sunspot pfp.
  • Options

Etjama said:

Etjama said:

Hmm are you sure you haven’t said that he wasn’t a top 5 mutant? I’m pretty sure you have said that but maybe I’m thinking of someone else with a sunspot pfp.
    Don't think it was me.
  • Options
    pigupompompigupompom Posts: 110
    utility wise Magneto might be more viable in the future content compare to colossus and Omega.

Anyone who’s more viable in abyss, would be deem better. can u bring omega in abyss? i don’t think so. Think ahead and u will beat the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Mcord117 said:

I am still trying to find my way on the hype train for mags. I see it against metal but in everything else he is still just ok in my eyes

I mean he’s a match up based champ. You shouldn’t base his value based on non metal champs because you’re most likely going to use someone else for those fights anyways. You should judge him on how well he performs in where you’re going to bring him into. This is a very similar case with torch, people had trouble understanding his potential because people were trying to look at him from an general match up perspective, and weren’t really paying attention to him where he was designed to shine which would be against mystic champs and energy attack champs, or in this case with magneto metal champs and most bleed immune champs. You bring magneto to deal with metal champs, not to deal with a thing, ebony Maw, or whatever other non bleed immune or non metal champs there are.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 said:

I am still trying to find my way on the hype train for mags. I see it against metal but in everything else he is still just ok in my eyes

Think of it this way, everyone ranks Torch to r5 etc, but theres more Metal champs/bleed immunes than there are mystic/energy damage champs, so by that logic Mags is less niche than Torch
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    1. OR
    2. Colossus
    3. Red Magneto/Archangel

I have a feeling that Prof X might be bordering on Top 5 or at the very least Top 10
  • Options
    mdsubmdsub Posts: 180
    edited September 2020
    He’s much better no doubt maybe top 7 but with Professor X, Apocalypse, Namor, Omega Red, Arch Angel, Domino, Sunspot, Iceman & Weapon X in that category..... it’s your opinion so he’s in your top 3.
    Personally,Ihave him as an R4 5 star & while I’ll eventually rank him up to R5. It’ll likely happen after I take my Omega Red & Professor X to R5....if I pull Apocalypse Mags will wait even longer but that’s me, do what works best for you.
  • Options
    mdsubmdsub Posts: 180

GagoH said:

Against non immune , non metal defenders AA is still the better choice. With that said, Mags is still decent against non metals. So I’d say both are equally tiered as 3rd spot, kind of like how hype/cmm/corvus are so closely matched

Definitely I don’t think he’s the best in the class but he’s close I think colossus and omega ever so slightly edge him out
    Have you seen Colossus with the Professor X synergy. The Jason Vorhees YouTube video shows him doing insane damage because every cerebro charge adds to the damage % he deals....it’s game changing
  • Options
    mdsub said:

GagoH said:

Have you seen Colossus with the Professor X synergy. The Jason Vorhees YouTube video shows him doing insane damage because every cerebro charge adds to the damage % he deals....it’s game changing
    Cerebro charges benefit magneto too... they benefit all mutants and x-men.

• Options
    KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    i would put
    - colossus
    - magneto
    - omega/ AA (omega is visibly not great without suicides and ssabertooth synergy)
  • Options
    JamesBond_007JamesBond_007 Posts: 130
    I would do rankings this way:
    No Suicides:
    I)Colossus.
    ii)Magneto.
    iii)Omega Red.(He is great even without Suicides at high sig, fights will be a bit slower compare to Suicides).

With Suicides:
    i)Omega Red.
    ii)Magneto.
    iii)Colossus.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Y'all forget that OR needs suicides and possibly an awakened ability to even be used.

I have a 6 star version and don't even have him awakened and he hits like noodles. The Degen us nothing special and for me he only shines in situations where he can get bled.
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    My mutant rating.
    Colossus
    Omega
    Magneto
    As top 3
  • Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    Top 3? He's the best damn mutant there is when there's metal. Almost like AA against non bleed and poison immunes except with an even wider useage. Also don't get the hype for colossus. Mainly a flashy damage champ in my eyes with a few extra immunities and decent armor.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    He is a lot dependant in heavies. I can imagine him being bad against nodes that dont allow you to use heavy or parry much (destructive feedback, stun immune for ex.)
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

this post seems to hqve a few more informed then myself on the subject of red mags . awakemed or unawakened whats the benifits of him getting a gem

the sig gives him more damage on heavies and a damage cap for safety. not required, but not bad either
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    I have Omega R5 sig 200 and 6* Colossus at R2.

Whenever I have 1 spot in the team for a Mutant and no immunities are required for the path, my choice is my R5 Domino (sig 50).

Magneto will only take her place if I need to face a metal champ, that’s all.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    i have both Red Magneto and Omega Red as 5 star. Magneto is R5 sig 60 and OR is R4 sig110. I don't run suicide masteries at all. I know in order to get full benefit of OR is to run him with suicide masteries. Based on all my extensive research and personal experiences with both during questing, AQ and AW, i find Magneto way superior than OR.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★

I have Omega R5 sig 200 and 6* Colossus at R2.

Whenever I have 1 spot in the team for a Mutant and no immunities are required for the path, my choice is my R5 Domino (sig 50).

Magneto will only take her place if I need to face a metal champ, that’s all.

But you’ll need to bring Rulk to match their damage and thats another slot right there
  • Options
    ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Domino left the chat, kinda sad about this.